Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:14 AM

Ive noticed that when I play Silver Level Players, the setup is an extremely important factor. For those of you who have went throught hte Silver Level, what setup do you use against them?

Especially the best setup against blitzers.

• Caesar101 and -Audacity- like this
I have no idea what that thing under my avatar is. I've always liked stickers

#2 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,331 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:28 AM

The blitz players usually seem to attack with Marshal down 1 flank or the other so probably best to have the flag in a central position .

If you are behind early on , which you probably will be , then don't exchange Marshals , keep yours hidden .Otherwise their General (probably front row behind the lakes) will immediately attack your and you will be further behind . Then the blitz player will aim to close out the game by exchanging the highest pieces until the captain or whatever he gained at the start is the highest piece on the board. .

• Moriarty likes this

#3 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:15 AM

One way to down many blitzers is to have aggressive Spy placement.  Sometimes putting him behind say a Captain or Lt. on 2nd row on the open flank may surprise many blitz/lotto players.  Just make sure though to have a Col or General behind the lake in case if a higher rank that isn't the Marshal comes to take the front row unit out.  Having a more centralized Marshal is good to defend from the General that may come down to lotto in the middle.

#4 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:25 AM

Whatever else you do, keep your faith in your ability to learn from your own past experiences, painful or good. My only concrete advice is to mix things up every so often with your setups. At the silver level this is not so much to thwart the memory of an opponent you may have played, but rather it's to keep your own play fresh. I find I can get a little stale in my play, strange as that sounds, and I find my opponents sometimes sensing the predictableness of my game...to their advantage.

Playing a new setup forces me to think fresh again, and helps me to get out of the funk I get in at times.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#5 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,308 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:11 PM

Silver is more difficult for me than gold, because of all these blitzers.  

#6 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 31 December 2015 - 06:33 PM

That is exactly my situation

i do quite well against lot of platinum and gold players. Blitzers just ruin my game

• Caesar101, Master Mind and -Audacity- like this
I have no idea what that thing under my avatar is. I've always liked stickers

#7 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,308 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 01 January 2016 - 02:00 PM

Also look at this topic.

http://forum.strateg...hal-lottoers/