Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 10 August 2016 - 05:42 AM

NASF Question of the Week

Which NASF player has played the most games in NASF tournaments, not counting no shows, and how many have they played?

3 - 0

#122 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:16 PM

Without doing research I am going to guess...

astros with ten nasf games played 1 loss

#123 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:16 PM

It would be lame if I was the answer to my question, I am not even in the top three.
  • Bill0nStrateg0 likes this
3 - 0

#124 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 323 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 10 August 2016 - 05:07 PM

I would have guessed either Astros or me, but since Astros isn't the answer, I'll go with me (I haven't looked to see if I'm right).

#125 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:57 PM

Steelers, you are correct, you have played 16 NASF games, two more than any other player.
3 - 0

#126 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 323 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:18 PM

I had forgot about the round robin, I wasn't even counting those games.

#127 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:01 PM

I had forgot about the round robin, I wasn't even counting those games.

Me either, I was counting three tournys. Would the team tourny count as it is somewhat of an nasf event being that the nasf prepares for it?

#128 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:31 AM

I think I am seeing more open flags in the silver ranks. They have stopped from just blitzing to open flags. If I win 55% of my games winning 12 points and losing 12 on average I have to play 10 games to get 12 points and from a 385 ELO Silver Lieutenant to get to Gold I will have to play about 100 games. It's damn hard winning that many games when I play 1-2 games a day and some days I don't have the time to play any. So although I have good games and can compete at a higher level in tournaments, I get lazy and careless at time. If I lost three I need to win 4. Slogging through 100 games at 55% is a chore. If I cannot maintain 55% in gold I may never get to platinum, but if I can hold the 55% win ratio I can make it in a year or so. I hope I live that long. Tomorrow is not a given.

Someone can check my math as I wasn't a math major. I am trying to the best of my ability

Edited by queenbee1, 16 August 2016 - 08:42 PM.

• Bill0nStrateg0 likes this

#129 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 17 September 2016 - 07:50 PM

So as not to confuse any future games I have retired QueenofHearts. I will use it only for lessons. All Tournament games in the NASF or internationally will be as Queenbee1.

#130 Master Mind

Master Mind

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 936 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:08 PM

--Wogomite--, an extremely good job having the first victory of the US in the WCO over such a worthy player!!!

• THEE_ASSASSIN and Bill0nStrateg0 like this
First Dutch Champion Juniors 2015

#131 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:00 PM

At the start of the knockout stage of the Champions League, eight are going through as nasf members and another two that claim the american flag but not associated with the nasf (brainysmurf and clevermind). That would make 28% of the people who made it into the knockout stage american. Nice job!

first round nasf members                   

Enigma--astros--Steelers--Mr Brainiac--Will Wallace--Rob Matthews--Hiimnew--Sgt. Blkdog

Only time will tell which of this eight remaining players will move on to round two of the knock out stage. 

On the WCO 2016 side of things

Only nine nasf members have decided to sign up for the second ever World Championship Online. 

The tournament just started and five nasf matches are still yet to be determined in round 1. The contestants have two weeks to conclude their match each round for a total of 10 rounds. For you spectators, sit back and relax because this is gonna take awhile  :)

Good skill to all of you in any event!!

• The Prof and Master Mind like this

#132 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:04 PM

Champions league: Knockout stage (Round 2)

The NASF took a major hit and lost five out of eight players during round one. 

Going into round two for the NASF are:

Hiimnew, Mrbrainiac and Steelers all three proven warriors

Knock'em out :)

World Championship Online (Round 1)

The WCO has been an exciting battle to watch as we have seen a close to even amount of wins and losses among our members. Still two undetermined matches could put us in round two with a winning record as a federation. With a current record of 3-4 and only five days left of round 1, it won't be long until the determining results are in.

Visit round 1 here:http://forum.strateg...o-2016-round-1/

#133 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:35 PM

This just in for the WCO: mrbrainiac defeats spaher.
The NASF is now 4-4 with one match left in round 1. You can do it njphliips!

#134 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:26 PM

THEE_ASSASSIN (ICANMAKEYOUFAMOUS) has decided to become an NASF member after defeating two!

Two of our members had match-ups for the champions and WCO against the same person, THEE_ASSASSIN was the hoped loser but he had other plans. walking away from both matches victorious our stats were harmed for the NASF. Fortunately for the NASF this brute of a warrior has now become apart of our numbers making his victories beneficial to the NASF.

The NASF is now 5-4 preventing us from a losing record for Round 1 of the WCO. njphillips still determines a winning record.

We will all be sitting around the arena cheering you on! 

I will give an update on the Champions Leagues once all of the results are in for round 2. 

• THEE_ASSASSIN likes this

#135 njphillips12

njphillips12

Miner

• NASF Committee
  • 217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:51 PM

This just in for the WCO: mrbrainiac defeats spaher.
The NASF is now 4-4 with one match left in round 1. You can do it njphliips!

I got the victory by default. We'll take it!

• --Wogomite-- likes this
- N

#136 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:01 PM

Champions league: Knockout stage (Round 3)

After round 2 that started with 3 members, losing one and gaining another we are all on our feet cheering that much harder for another win from all of them. Three Members yet again are moving on to the next round and consist of 75% of the matches.  These three valiant warriors standing before our eyes give us a reason to continue coming back day after day. I don't know about you but I will be sleeping under the bleachers. 

Congratulations:

HiimNew, THEE_ASSASSIN, and Steelers

visit them here:http://challonge.com/champleague2016

World Championship Online (Round 2)

THEE_ASSASSIN becomes our tenth member in the wco

After a tough battle from our members in round 1, the NASF went a self-respecting 6-4 with one of those losses being un-controlled because of an unfortunate NASF-match up.  Can we do this or better for Round 2 despite having yet another NASF-match up?  I guess we will know in two weeks.

Visit round 2 here:http://forum.strateg...o-2016-round-2/

#137 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:55 PM

Check out this new tournament that will be starting up soon. The NASF will not be sending an official team to participate in this event but as a fellow member I want to share with you this exciting opportunity. It is called the "backstabbers tournament". I did not participate in the first backstabbers last year but it was such a hit that they have decided to continue the tradition. The idea of the tournament is a type of team event where you can choose four members including yourself of any national background to be considered a team. Your teams then play other teams to determine the bigger alpha. Towards the end of the tournament the teams split into two pairs where now all teams consist of only two people. This is when the backstabbing starts. You could and very well will compete against your forsaken teammates. One final backstabbing fatality comes into play when the last remaining team/pair then battle their own blood for the championship leaving one player the supreme alpha.

I have given a brief synopsis of this event as I am unaware of the details beyond this

This sounds like a very interesting and fun event! Don't miss the chance to participate in it. Go find a team of four and sign up here:

http://forum.strateg...n-announcement/

p.s. You may also ask to join or organize a team at the link above.

• sevenseas likes this

#138 josephwhite

josephwhite

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:32 AM

I'm available for an American backstabbers team, if anyone is interested.

#139 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:57 PM

Champions league: Knockout stage (Round 4-semifinals)

After a round that had some of the best Stratego players in the world THEE_ASSASSIN was our only member to make it through to the final four. A feat worthy of honor all by it self but I feel THEE_ASSASSIN has not quenched his apatite quite yet. Can THEE_ASSASSIN cut the head off of Goliath himself and make it to the finals? We will find out in less than a week? Good luck FAMOUS! 

Visit him here:http://challonge.com/champleague2016

World Championship Online (Round 2- week 2)

Queenbee was a late sign up and is now our eleventh member in the wco.

After a rough week for the NASF we enter the latter part of round two with a devastating 2-6 record. Three matches remain undetermined and our chance to finish this round with dignity. Play your hearts out fellas. We need you on this one.

Visit round 2 here:http://forum.strateg...o-2016-round-2/

#140 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:57 AM

World Championship Online (Round 3- week 1)

The nasf went 3-8 during round 2 which was very different from the 6-4 winning record in round one. The nasf now has a total wco record of 9-12 most of those losses being against some of the best Stratego players in the world. I know after a round with such pain and torment our members will want to enter the arena this round with revenge and blood on their minds.  Round three will be the first round that will not have an nasf match-up which will allow for us to stand together in unity and triumph. I don't think they will see us coming! Good skill to all of you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users