Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:39 PM

I've always been a proponent pay to play for ratings and additional features (perhaps Sci Fi and other off shot games) which we would have to propose and then a non rated very basic free game.  I agree all pay only, would cause us to lose many casual players.  However, I think our regulars and hard core players would be willing to pay a little for the additional features

#42 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:25 AM

Rumors say Constrictor/Gentleben may play in the March Madness this year. Woe are all of us.

I have no idea what that thing under my avatar is. I've always liked stickers

#43 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:47 AM

Fact: Enigma has responded to my personal message saying of his interest to join the NASF.  He is more than happy to assist and mentor our members by making some topics to help improve everyone's game.  

Rumor: Will he join March Madness and the World Team Event?   

#44 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,255 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:32 PM

Fact: Enigma has responded to my personal message saying of his interest to join the NASF.  He is more than happy to assist and mentor our members by making some topics to help improve everyone's game.  

Rumor: Will he join March Madness and the World Team Event?   

Finally!

BTW- Midnightguy I am still deciding whether to play in the Masters or this NASF (no time for both). But I am leaning toward this b/c you guys need more players.

Edited by Fairway, 15 February 2016 - 12:32 PM.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#45 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:08 PM

Let's all give a warm welcome to Constrictor who said he would be happy to join our Federation.  

• sevenseas and Moriarty like this

#46 Chewtoy

Chewtoy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:00 PM

Where is he? 

Terror made me cruel. 

#47 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:14 PM

We have written to one another via PM/E-mail. I also played him in a game a week or so ago and I told him again of the NASF.  

#48 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:12 PM

Getting manning2cruze and we got a crew

• Moriarty likes this

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

#49 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:30 PM

I used to talk to him but he has been AWOL

#50 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:06 AM

We are officially down to three players in our double elimination event!  Astros who has yet to lose who will take on the winner of --Wogomite-- and The Prof.  Should be a great finish!

#51 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,255 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:03 PM

DeathRemark is Active RIGHT NOW!

• Lonello likes this
I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#52 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:46 AM

Some of you may have noticed I was gone for over a week or so in hopes to gather my thoughts.  I got a lot of personal issues I need to deal with offline and at this time and Stratego is the least of my concerns.  I hereby offer my resignation from both the Moderator Team and the NASF.  I wish nothing but success for the NASF and this site.  

#53 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:02 AM

Some of you may have noticed I was gone for over a week or so in hopes to gather my thoughts.  I got a lot of personal issues I need to deal with offline and at this time and Stratego is the least of my concerns.  I hereby offer my resignation from both the Moderator Team and the NASF.  I wish nothing but success for the NASF and this site.  

Wish you luck Midnightguy.

This was shocking news to me. Now we need to ask how the NASF will survive with the two founders (astros and Midnightguy) resigned.

God bless

• sevenseas, Fairway and texaspete09 like this

#54 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,463 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:14 AM

Thank you, Midnightguy, for getting the NASF started and the tournaments rolling.  You have done a great service for all us Stratego fans in the U.S. and Canada.  I wish you all the best in dealing with whatever you are going through right now.  We all hope to see you back here at some point in the future when your life again allows the luxury of playing this game we all love.

Sincerely,

The Prof 

• Midnightguy, GaryLShelton, Lonello and 1 other like this

#55 Will Wallace

Will Wallace

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:53 AM

Who does the Moderator Team currently consist of?

Moriarty seems to be one of the most active members and may be a good asset.  It appears Wogomite is already a Mod.  In addition to Astros, from what I have seen The Prof, Match, Gaius Marius and steelers would be good considerations.

I have enjoyed being a part of the NASF and hope to see it continue to grow.  Thank you to all who have taken a leading role!

#56 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:23 AM

Who does the Moderator Team currently consist of?

Moriarty seems to be one of the most active members and may be a good asset.  It appears Wogomite is already a Mod.  In addition to Astros, from what I have seen The Prof, Match, Gaius Marius and steelers would be good considerations.

I have enjoyed being a part of the NASF and hope to see it continue to grow.  Thank you to all who have taken a leading role!

Thank you. I would enjoy being an assistant committee member instead of a full committee member, as I am still in my teens and inexperienced as well. But I could help posting arrangement topics as I am pretty active on forums, etc

The MT of the site can be seen here:

http://forum.strateg...tats&do=leaders

If you mean the NASF judging team, it is currently Wogomite, Chewtoy, and match.

In fact I have already written to them applying as an assistant committee member and am waiting for a response

#57 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:25 PM

Sorry to see you go Rob.

You was an excellent asset to both MT and the site, and your contributions to grow the North American community will be remembered.

I wish you the best in dealing with your personal issues at the moment.
I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#58 Will Wallace

Will Wallace

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:44 PM

If you mean the NASF judging team, it is currently Wogomite, Chewtoy, and match.

In fact I have already written to them applying as an assistant committee member and am waiting for a response

Yes, that is what I meant.  Thank you.

#59 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,255 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:47 PM

MIdnightguy, I am very sorry to see you go. Good luck in your personal issues, and I hope you come back some day! We will miss you!

• Midnightguy likes this

#60 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:17 AM

We are very sorry to see Rob leave. I want the rest of us to continue what Rob worked so hard on in these last several months. I want us to continue promoting the NASF by word of mouth in games. Always telling North American players about this federation. Another good idea is putting copy and paste in different chat rooms with a link and short description of who we are. I believe we are at the beginning of something great for Stratego but it will be hard work. I have many things in my head to grow us in many different ways but need help actually doing this as 10 people digging a hole is much easier then just one or two people doing it.

I do appreciate astros and moriarty being so willing to help. Are there others who would be willing to do some manual labor in helping promote and be available for the growth of the NASF?? If so all willing to help will be an asset to this federation. Could I get a list of volunteers who are willing to step up and help with this North American Stratego Federation?

• Midnightguy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users