Photo

North American Stratego Federation - 1st Knockout Tournament.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#21 IsmailUfukBuyukozkaya

IsmailUfukBuyukozkaya

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:07 AM

If possible, please share photos from this tournament. :)

-

Good luck all !

http://www.cimbom.gs The ultimate social network 

www.twitter.com/UfukBuyukozkaya

#22 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:37 AM

We are hosting the event online, but game videos may be available after the tournament.

Edited by astros, 30 November 2015 - 04:37 AM.

• IsmailUfukBuyukozkaya likes this
3 - 0

#23 josephwhite

josephwhite

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:59 AM

Thanks, I'll join, although it will be quite early in the morning for me. Also to clarify, I don't have dual citizenship, just USA citizenship, although I have permanent residency in South Africa (like the Green Card). My kids have dual citizenship though.

#24 Chewtoy

Chewtoy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:33 PM

I'm in. Hopefully by Friday my sinus infection has cleared up.  :unsure:

• Lonello and IsmailUfukBuyukozkaya like this

Terror made me cruel. 

#25 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:45 PM

I'm in - I am travelling Dec 1st and 2nd so if email is sent and not replied to that is the reason.

• Lonello and IsmailUfukBuyukozkaya like this

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#26 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

I'm in - I am travelling Dec 1st and 2nd so if email is sent and not replied to that is the reason.

I thought you were russian?

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

#27 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,803 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:13 PM

I thought Scott stated for a tournament somewhere that he was was GMT+7, yes. That will make it a bit hard to match with American time zones, which are from GMT-5 to GMT-8.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#28 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:16 PM

I thought Scott stated for a tournament somewhere that he was was GMT+7, yes. That will make it a bit hard to match with American time zones, which are from GMT-5 to GMT-8.

It will be Scott's responsibility to do so if he plays.
3 - 0

#29 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:01 AM

Events for the NASF will be scheduled on times that are convenient for North American's.  Outside of Alaska and Hawaii and extreme eastern Canada, most of the time zones fall between that of the Eastern, Central, Mountain and Pacific time zones.  We will focus mostly on those four zones to try to schedule events.  

#30 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:08 AM

Im glad you guys are working on this and I just want to thank Midnightguy, chewtoy and Astros for putting the effort in to make this possible.  Its a tough challenge to get our entire continent to be able to play together because of how large it is.  But I think if we all work together and be understanding that I think we will be able to have lots of success!

• Midnightguy and Chewtoy like this

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

#31 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:34 AM

Please make videos! :)

• sevenseas likes this
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#32 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:32 AM

Thanks Gaius Marius and to all of you who have signed up so far.  This event is still very much a WIP (Work in Progress) and with the holiday's coming up, we will all be busy.  After that time, we will have more time to focus on the NASF itself and we'll have even time to host some more events during the dark days of winter.  

The success of the NASF will come down to gathering as many players we can and build a strong community of Stratego players.  I am pleased to see the people we have thus far who are willing to take on the journey with the NASF and hopefully we can build on this success.  

Who will be our first winner of the first ever NASF event?  Stay tuned on Friday December the 4th!

#33 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:01 AM

It was brought to our attention by one of participates that we needed to add the rule about video recording of a match,  I have updated the rules on this issue under section 6e.  Unless if both players agree to have their match recorded and wish to have their video published to youtube, there will be no video recording of a match allowed. Recording of a match is still permitted but may be only shown that their opponent has violated a rule of this event or Stratego.com and will only be shared to members of the tournament judges: Midnightguy, Astros, and Chewtoy.

• Chewtoy likes this

#34 IsmailUfukBuyukozkaya

IsmailUfukBuyukozkaya

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:00 AM

Dear my friend Astros :  yesi  thank you for your reply but i specially said players photos, not only game videos. :)

Maxroelofs : Yeah videos are also better than pictures but pictures will be good for us. As remembrances. :)

http://www.cimbom.gs The ultimate social network 

www.twitter.com/UfukBuyukozkaya

#35 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:16 PM

I have US citizenship and live overseas - GMT +7.

It just so happens that I will be in the US on business (assuming I get through immigration) starting December 3rd through the 10th making December 4th evening tournament a very good way to spend an evening away from the family.

Regards,

Scott

• Lonello likes this

​Spartan Warriors

#36 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:53 AM

The American Flag you have as your icon and duel citizenship has you in same situation as Joseph White.  We will welcome you to join our event and the NASF Scott.  Are you playing this game on the old application or the new one?

#37 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:36 AM

I play online so I don't have any application.  Nothing has changed for me in terms of the pieces or setup so I assume I'm on the old version of the site.

​Spartan Warriors

#38 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,803 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:50 PM

Will the consolation bracket begin at 9pm EST? And is the only way into this consolation bracket through a first round loss? If someone wins a first round game but loses a second, he's done, right? There's no consolation bracket for him, right?

If that is the case, if I understand correctly, these games are going to run a bit late. For the finalists in either the winners or the consolation bracket there will be a championship game starting at approximately 11 pm EST, is that right?

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#39 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:53 PM

Correct, the consolation bracket will begin at 9 PM EST. If we do not reach 16 players we may have to rework who is eligible for the consolation tournament to include some 2nd round players.

The tournament will run for awhile with the championship game schedule at 11 PM EST though it may very well start sooner.

3 - 0

#40 Chewtoy

Chewtoy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:59 PM

It was brought to our attention by one of participates that we needed to add the rule about video recording of a match,  I have updated the rules on this issue under section 6e.  Unless if both players agree to have their match recorded and wish to have their video published to youtube, there will be no video recording of a match allowed. Recording of a match is still permitted but may be only shown that their opponent has violated a rule of this event or Stratego.com and will only be shared to members of the tournament judges: Midnightguy, Astros, and Chewtoy.

Please respect the video rule. 

I personally do not want videos of my games recorded/published. Thanks for the offer ahead of time. 

Terror made me cruel. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users