Photo

North American Stratego Federation - 1st Knockout Tournament.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#1 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:18 AM

North American Stratego Federation (NASF):  

Formed on 11-20-15.  NASF is looking to gather North American players by creating  friendships, building a following for our game, and help promote it to others.  Rules and applications for the NASF is still in the works, but we will have our first tourney on Friday Dec 4th.  Our long term future goal is to have a live event like many European nations do.  

1. General

a. The North American Knockout tournament is a single elimination knockout tournament hosted by the NASF.

b. The tournament will be run by Midnightguy, Astros, and Chewtoy serving as judges.

c. The tournament is scheduled to begin on December 4th at 8 PM eastern time with all game being played that night.

d. Players who participate in this event will become charter members of the NASF.  

e. Players who can not participate this even may still join the NASF and can play in future events we will hold.  

2. Eligibility

a. A player must possess citizenship in a North American, Central American or Caribbean country.  Players with duel citizenship are permitted as long as one of their citizenship's are that of a North American country.   

b. A player must have an ELO score of at least 200 or a minimum of 200 games played.

c. A player must be registered at the Stratego.com forum.

d. A player may only enter on one account. The player must use the same account in all tournaments run by the NASF.

e. The tournament judges reserve the right to refuse entry to any player suspected of not meeting the eligibility requirements.

f. If more than 16 players register only the first 16 to do so will be able to play. If there is sufficent interest the NASF may host a second one day tournament at a date TBD.

g. If a registered player does not show up the NASF will approach players, who signed up after all 16 spots have filled, to play as alternates.

3. Format

a. All players are seeded according to ELO 15 minutes prior to the start of the tournament, (7:45 PM EST, December 4th). The first seed will play the sixteenth seed, the second seed will play the fifteenth seed and so on. A preview of the bracket is available here: http://imgur.com/6gungCV

b. The two players in a matchup will play a game with the winner advancing to the next round.

c. If a tie occurs, the two players must immediately play another game to determine a winner.

d. A player eliminated in the first round of the tournament will be placed in the consolation tournament.

e. All players in the consolation bracket are seeded according to their ELO 15 minutes prior to the start of the tournament. The first seed will play the eighth seed, the second seed will play the seventh seed and so on.

f. The consolation bracket is single elimination, in the same format as the main bracket.

4. Scheduling

a. All rounds are scheduled start at the beginning of each hour, (8 PM, 9 PM, etc…).

b. If both players wish to start before the scheduled time they may do so.

c. A player who is not present five minutes after the scheduled start time forfeits the game. If neither player is present both forfeit and their would be opponent receives a bye in the next round.

d. If two players have not finished their game by the start of the next round they will continue playing until a winner is decided.

e.  If a game runs long, the affected games of the next round are scheduled to start 5 minutes after the conclusion of the late game.

f.  Players will meet in Challege room or if full, meet in the Newbie Hold

5. Reporting

a. For a result to be official the winner must send a screenshot to the tournament board clearly showing the result.

b. If both players confirm the result of the match, the tournament board will accept this in lieu of a screenshot. However, it is strongly recommended that players screenshot the result.

6. Additional Rules

a. If a player feels their opponent is refusing a draw, they should report it to the tournament judges. The tournament judges will rules on draw refusal cases according to the rules of the Moderation Team. Those rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...-topic/?hl=kiss

b. If a player feels their opponent is demonstrating abusive behavior, they should report it to the tournament judges. Players found guilty of abusive behavior will be removed from the tournament and may be removed from the NASF.

c. If a player disconnects on their opponent instead of surrendering that player is guilty of abusive behavior.

d. Double chasing is allowed, because the short format of the tournament does not allow sufficient time to upload video evidence proving double chasing.  However, when the NASF will host a larger event, will enforce double chasing and follow ISF rules. 

e. Unless if both players agree to it, no video recording of a match will be permitted to be published to any website.  However if a video shows that of a violation to our rules or Stratego.com it will only be shared to that of tournament judges: Midnighguy, Astros and Chewtoy.  

7. Sign Up for Event:

Sign your name on post below if you are interested in joining our event and meet our eligibility requirements and preside in a North American country.   

Any questions add them to this topic or PM Astros, Chewtoy, or Midnightguy

See you at the Battlefield!

Midnightguy, Astros, and Chewtoy.  

• KARAISKAKIS, Aris1970, Napoleon 1er and 3 others like this

#2 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:26 AM

I will participate.

3 - 0

#3 texaspete09

texaspete09

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 545 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:25 PM

I'm in!
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#4 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 458 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:32 PM

I'm in too

#5 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:06 AM

December 4th @ 8pm isn't quite the best time for me, but I'll try to make way for a game. I'll be in.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#6 Sgt. Blkdog

Sgt. Blkdog

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:54 PM

A few things.....

1.why isn't this topic in the tournament section.

2.the "Rules" link above doesn't take you to the rules of the tournament

3.i was going to ask why limit this to 16 teams... but the sign up seems low maybe because of my point #1.

4. If there are less than 8 teams, maybe consider a round robin type tournament. (everyone plays everyone else)

I'm in.

• Lonello likes this

Wuf!

#7 Sgt. Blkdog

Sgt. Blkdog

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:10 AM

1. I will talk to Midnightguy and see if we can get it moved.

2. I am not sure what you mean. The rules are above and the link to the draw refusal topic works. Can you elaborate?

3. If each round takes an hour, more than 16 teams would cause the tournament to go past midnight eastern time.

4. We will consider this, however, we are confident we will have enough players after the holiday weekend that this will not be an issue.

Attention to detail isn't exactly my strong suit...

2. when I clicked on the link I saw this....

• noIcon.jpeg?_r=1409950974
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 7 posts
  • Decal001.png
  • rank1.png

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:26 PM

Greetings everyone,

I am playing someone named MAURIMAURI who has refused my 3 tie requests. We both have one piece, our marshal, and our flags are surrounded by bombs. He has been RUNNING IN CIRCLES FOR OVER AN HOUR AVOIDING MY MARSHAL.  It's still going on as you read this.  THIS IS AWFUL!!!!!!   Please stop him.  The game is AARON.BANKS.9809 vs MAURIMAURI. I tried to login to the messsage boards with my facebook account but had trouble.  This is a truly miserable experience.  Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I expected to see tournament "rules" not a topic on draw refusal... my mistake

3. I just NOW realized... this is a SINGLE NIGHT tournament...silly me

Wuf!

#8 josephwhite

josephwhite

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:43 PM

Hello, I meet all the criteria except that I don't reside in the USA. I've lived in South Africa for the last 20 years since I was 18, but my parents, siblings and all other relatives live in the USA, so I do visit often. If you need an extra player to make an even number, and will bend the rules in this case, then I can play. Otherwise, I'll wait to see the results.

Also, there is not likely to a South African or African federation, since I don't even know anyone else who plays here.

• Lonello and Fairway like this

#9 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:29 PM

I will play.

• Fairway likes this

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

#10 Chewtoy

Chewtoy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:06 PM

Hello, I meet all the criteria except that I don't reside in the USA. I've lived in South Africa for the last 20 years since I was 18, but my parents, siblings and all other relatives live in the USA, so I do visit often. If you need an extra player to make an even number, and will bend the rules in this case, then I can play. Otherwise, I'll wait to see the results.

Also, there is not likely to a South African or African federation, since I don't even know anyone else who plays here.

Terror made me cruel. 

#11 Chewtoy

Chewtoy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:06 PM

We will consult on this.

Terror made me cruel. 

#12 Wonky

Wonky

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:28 PM

Wonky in.

#13 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:55 PM

Sorry folks been very busy at work but, I added the correct link to where to report a draw refusal case.  

#14 128628bozo

128628bozo

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:29 PM

I will be in.Finally,a game time for us in North America

Thanks

André

:rolleyes: Playing Stratego online worth a lot.Everything else is just details            

#15 IsmailUfukBuyukozkaya

IsmailUfukBuyukozkaya

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 28 November 2015 - 11:09 PM

Good luck.

I cant join because i m living in Turkey / Istanbul & Turkish citizen as most of you already know. :)

But my heart is with you.

• Midnightguy and Lonello like this

http://www.cimbom.gs The ultimate social network 

www.twitter.com/UfukBuyukozkaya

#16 chefwd76

chefwd76

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:17 AM

I wish to join the NASF but I am unavailable to play in this tournament

• Midnightguy and Lonello like this

Let anybody that believe's something is impossible be interrupted by somebody else completing the task, for it is only impossible for those who cannot.

#17 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:02 AM

North American Stratego Federation (NASF):  

Formed on 11-20-15.  NASF is looking to gather North American players by creating  friendships, building a following for our game, and help promote it to others.  Rules and applications for the NASF is still in the works, but we will have our first tourney on Friday Dec 4th.  Our long term future goal is to have a live event like many European nations do.  

GOSF (Greek online stratego federation) send our warmest congratulations to the initiators of this important initiative. We wish you good luck in the organisation and lot of success.  Also we hope that it is time  other countries / regions e.g. Netherlands / central Europe etc . to follow the same way which is the only road for a better future in online stratego and further more in the growth of the live stratego community. A brilliant future without aliases and all kind of cheating and abusive behaviors from unknown persons who want to destroy our favorite sport.

• Midnightguy, 128628bozo, Gaius Marius and 1 other like this

#18 Sgt. Blkdog

Sgt. Blkdog

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:24 PM

joseph... does that make you an American-African?

• Lonello likes this

Wuf!

#19 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:03 PM

I was pointed out by GaryLShelton that perhaps some of you might be playing Stratego on the new application?  If that is so, you will have no lobby chat called challenge room nor newbie hold.  If this is an issue, we may need to run the event here in the forum.  I will write to all of you who have signed up in here to find out what version of the game you have.  

#20 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:07 PM

Joseph White has that of a duel citizenship of both South Africa where he works and that of United States.  We discussed and agreed if he is willing to play during his time zone which would be in the middle of the morning on Saturday, he is welcomed to sign up for this event. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users