New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:20 AM

Hello,

How do I contact a moderator when I am playing against a douchebag that is chasing, stalling etc? Also, how do I block said douchebags from joining my games and is there a bot of some kind I can play against? Thank you.

#2 Chewtoy

Chewtoy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:58 PM

There's an instant call button feature for in-game Mods. Of course, this only works when you're playing against the computer. 

• Creek Water likes this

Terror made me cruel. 

#3 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:03 PM

You can post your complaint here and the MT will take action:

http://forum.strateg...or-2015/page-35

Posted Image

#4 Creek Water

Creek Water

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:24 AM

Hello,

How do I contact a moderator when I am playing against a douchebag that is chasing, stalling etc? Also, how do I block said douchebags from joining my games and is there a bot of some kind I can play against? Thank you.

• QueenBee1234 likes this

#5 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:08 AM

You can post your complaint here and the MT will take action:

http://forum.strateg...or-2015/page-35

Posted Image

#6 QueenBee1234

QueenBee1234

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:38 AM

Creek Water,

There are so many douchebags of varying degree that it's ridiculous. This is no blocking mechanism and playing a single player game against the machine is just a waste of time. I have never lost to the machine. It would have to embody AI and anticipate bluffs and it won't ever get better. The best thing I do is make friends and play them instead of playing anyone the machine matches you up with. The problem with that is they are not online all the time so I have to play Russian Roulette. The jackasses are about 1 out of 2 games and they are constantly creating new accounts. I love the game, but it is a poisonous environment and I often quit rather than waste my time. I also have myself to blame for being impatient. I won't play a 45 minute game.

• Creek Water likes this
Queenbee

#7 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,253 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:00 AM

Creek Water,

There are so many douchebags of varying degree that it's ridiculous. This is no blocking mechanism and playing a single player game against the machine is just a waste of time. I have never lost to the machine. It would have to embody AI and anticipate bluffs and it won't ever get better. The best thing I do is make friends and play them instead of playing anyone the machine matches you up with. The problem with that is they are not online all the time so I have to play Russian Roulette. The jackasses are about 1 out of 2 games and they are constantly creating new accounts. I love the game, but it is a poisonous environment and I often quit rather than waste my time. I also have myself to blame for being impatient. I won't play a 45 minute game.

The longest game I've ever played was 55 minutes long... Even though I won, I wouldn't have cared either way because I made very good friends with the guy. But it was extremely close.. I was down a colonel, we both had marsh, and I was up a sergeant and spy. I attacked the colonel with my marsh and the marsh was killed by the spy. I then killed the spy with my sergeant and cornered his marsh with my spy. It was very close! And I also had fun and made a friend.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#8 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,213 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:33 AM

Creek Water, there is no way on this site for moderators to enter games live. Chewtoy is a top notch satirist.

Unfortunately, the only recourse for issues in a game is that you have to file a complaint after the game in either the topic Mick gave you for abusive behavior, or in the Draw Refusal topic for those kind of problems. You have to provide screenshots for evidence. For more info check out the current General Site and Forum Rules here:

http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2014/

I won't play a 45 minute game.

QueenBee1234, many people like to play faster than others. But it's safe to say you'll never rise very far in the ranks without playing a number of 45 minute, and longer, games. The time you find your opponents stop making mistakes, you will find the clock ticks off longer games.

But shorter games are neat, I'll admit. ☺
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#9 QueenBee1234

QueenBee1234

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:57 AM

Guys I understand that I am limited. I just want to have fun. Once it gets past 45 minutes it isn't fun for me so I resign. That doesn't mean it isn't fun for others and I will bet that tournament games are hard grinds, but I am no spring chicken. I know my lack of patience will means I won't rise to the top. I have made it as high as silver spy, but I am not as competitive as some of you. I apologize for repeating the use of that word dbags as most people never chat a word. It is the bad ones I remember. I've watched the pros and I admire their patience, but I feel trapped in long games so I bow out gracefully. If the game is tied I ask for a draw, but rarely do I get one. On the other hand I have allowed many opponents to keep their ego points. Most of the rude players would never read this forum nor have any interest in other's opinions of them.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Creek Water likes this
Queenbee

#10 Creek Water

Creek Water

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:33 AM

Spot on QueenBee, I couldn't agree more. After a long day (or even a short day for that matter), I enjoy a game or two to unwind - what I DO NOT enjoy, is dealing with loudmouth 14 year old douchebags hiding behind the internet, and trash-talking over a board game. I have no time for this kind of behaviour. I don't care how good or bad they are or even how long the game lasts, so long as they aren't total douchebags, I'll enjoy it. With no bots, unranked games or the option to close games before they start (once you see that your opponent-to-be is a known dbag), these dbags will continue to run rampant. Thanks to all for the responses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users