Photo

Drawn game but, who is the better person?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Drawn game but, who is the better person? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you have kept playing game?

1. Yes - Because he has no way to force a win and game should be a draw (8 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. No - He was up three more pieces and deserves the win (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote

#21 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Perhaps you're better off with being the groupie of Cheryl Crowe than being an announcer of total nonsense.

Fine, chase me whatever you want, you'll never grab the general.

Not my fault that you ran out of miners so you can't win.

No point system, just a fair straight draw, end of discussion.

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#22 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

I disagree, the moment your a piece behind is the moment you messed up. Either by swapping wrong or by setting ya pieces wrong..

Just because you can "force a draw", it doesnt mean you didnt mess up in the first place..

Typical reaction. You would probably get your marsh out for a lousy sergeant or lieutenant and then you're gonna blame your opponent that he is the one that messed up.

Meanwhile all your miners and lower material will get jacked by a free walking general and colonels and then you're gonna complain that you're not being rewarded with the victory?

You're just like Superdrew,.....a "modern" player who thinks he knows the game completely but the game must "evolve" and blablabla.

Whatever dude,........the system you propose will NEVER be implemented and that's a good thing.

A draw is a draw, end of discussion.

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#23 PsychoPatty

PsychoPatty

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

Wow trickz.. Never thought you would go that low.. Cheryl Cole is just a beautifull women , imo, it has nothing to do with groupie love..

You got issues, wanna be rapper?

I never said i wanna "modern" stratego, ain't it fools like you, who wanna "modern" it with Auto-draws and Anti-Chase systems?!

I said, its the way I play since I was young, We play to win, and if ya can't win you lose, F!CK a draw!! Not even mentioned half the cases it shouldn't be a draw in the first place..

A draw should only be when, lets say it is a general and a scout vs a general and a colonel are up against each other and the chasing will go on and on and on without captures..

A situation like you said, 1 general vs 1 general and many other pieces should be simply a win.. No you can't get the flag, and ya may not get the "last man standing".. But a fact is you control the whole battlefield..

[snip]

Edited by M-D, 10 April 2013 - 01:56 PM.

Untitled-1.jpg

When I say sucker, I mean Good Game, Sucker!

#24 M-D

M-D

Game Developer

• Administrators
  • 124 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Closing this as it seems that the main subject has been discussed enough and this topic is slowly turning into a big argument.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users