Photo

Should stratego developers make the old app available?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the developers make the old app available? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the developers make the old app available?

1. Yes (8 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#1 jwolf6589@gmail.com

jwolf6589@gmail.com

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:03 PM

Contacted customer service and they replied and said the old app is no longer available. Do I believe this? Not for a hint as they surely have it on their backup servers. They just DO NOT care nor want to help loyal customers. So I have created a poll to see if we think they should make it available along with the new one in the iTunes app store for iPad. 

#2 sevenseas1

sevenseas1

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:40 PM

Better yet replace the new app on the stores with the old app we all know and love. 

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#3 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:08 AM

I think u r missin' the point completely, mr jwolf

u bought a product, u live with it. the product owner has all the right to change the color of microsoft windows 100 from blue to black in an overnite update. if u don't like it, uninstall it. use Linux.   its up to ms whether its going to listen to feedback. whether u call it success or consequences down the road, thats only going to be academic

in this case, ms is sticking to black, a black screen, with black fonts. and hey they think its gd!

#4 jwolf6589@gmail.com

jwolf6589@gmail.com

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:33 AM

I think u r missin' the point completely, mr jwolf

u bought a product, u live with it. the product owner has all the right to change the color of microsoft windows 100 from blue to black in an overnite update. if u don't like it, uninstall it. use Linux.   its up to ms whether its going to listen to feedback. whether u call it success or consequences down the road, thats only going to be academic

in this case, ms is sticking to black, a black screen, with black fonts. and hey they think its gd!

Thankfully I do not use Windows but OS X. True if someone does not like EL Captian Apple has made it impossible for them to return to using Mountain Lion.

#5 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:16 AM

Contacted customer service and they replied and said the old app is no longer available. Do I believe this? Not for a hint as they surely have it on their backup servers. They just DO NOT care nor want to help loyal customers. So I have created a poll to see if we think they should make it available along with the new one in the iTunes app store for iPad. 

The old app will be replaced by the new app as the old backend will not be supported.

Read more about it here: http://forum.strateg...ratego-changes/

Posted Image

#6 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,052 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:28 PM

Mick, just to clarify, will it be the case that someone with an old app, either Apple or Android, who has not upgraded...will they still be able to play after even the web version has been changed? Or will they finally be cut off and forced to upgrade at some point?

Thanks, Gary
  • Lonello likes this
Posted Image
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/
Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#7 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:44 PM

Mick, just to clarify, will it be the case that someone with an old app, either Apple or Android, who has not upgraded...will they still be able to play after even the web version has been changed? Or will they finally be cut off and forced to upgrade at some point?

Thanks, Gary

If a player chooses not to upgrade an app, he/she will be able to play that old version for as long as he/she pleases. That being said, that version will not be supported anymore and will come with all the bugs and backend faults we cannot and will not support.

As for the rest of the topic, it has all been explained here:

http://forum.strateg...ratego-changes/

I see no need to have more topics to discuss this.

Closing

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users