Photo

New App vs. Old App

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

Poll: New App vs. Old App (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Which app do you like better?

1. The old app (50 votes [98.04%])

Percentage of vote: 98.04%

2. The new app (1 votes [1.96%])

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:43 AM

The current pieces are not parallellograms, the grid and the pieces are all squared.

Reminds me of some Greek politicians  :)

• Lonello, zoografos and Fairway like this

#122 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:50 AM

I think I've been more than friendly.

I'm just asking people to respect the forum rules.

If this is what you want, then you are free to do so :)

1. LOL Hahahahahaha hilarious.

2. Okay. " :) " I'm sure you'll be smiling when all your players leave....

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#123 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:07 PM

@MickM

Αbout who can not play the new version i speak ironically because most of them are older adults and I believe they have reason(skype-help players,in the new app is not easy to have multiple accounts) and react this way for the new version.

personally I do not mind the new version because it is addressed to young ages and is the only way to be developed the game.

But it would be good to have both versions and to select the player what he wants.

Thank you

Dekaeneas-Spy

Edited by Dekaeneas-Spy, 18 November 2015 - 02:10 PM.

• Fairway likes this

#124 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:42 PM

I've played on new app with all my accounts, no problem !!!

#125 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:48 PM

Second change in my opinion should be about the geometric shape of the piece: This is parallelogram while it should be square (Simulation of the board game by Jumbo). We as stratego players always talking for squares and not for parallelograms. 

The current pieces are not parallellograms, the grid and the pieces are all squared.

bUD8hMg.jpg

HrzHE5n.jpg

yznJ89V.jpg

Edited by Aris1970, 18 November 2015 - 05:44 PM.

#126 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:56 PM

@MickM

Αbout who can not play the new version i speak ironically because most of them are older adults and I believe they have reason(skype-help players,in the new app is not easy to have multiple accounts) and react this way for the new version.

personally I do not mind the new version because it is addressed to young ages and is the only way to be developed the game.

But it would be good to have both versions and to select the player what he wants.

Thank you

Dekaeneas-Spy

@D-spy

I am sorry but you are totally clueless with this issue and looks very bad to accuse all these people who wrote in this topic that they prefer the old version for the reasons you mention in your post.

Actually the new version doesn't help to this direction because 

1. New version Is still free . Battle coins are needed only to buy some extra features. This means that the problem with multiple accounts  still exist

2. Outside help during the games (via skype or sharing accounts / play against more than one player at the same time) can not be prevented with any version. The only serious attempt towards this direction can be made with strict rules like those in WCO , but this can happen only during tournaments, not for simple random daily games.

So my personal advice to you is this:

Before you post something please be sure that you have idea about what is discussed. If your English are not enough to understand what is the discussed topic,  it is better to stay out

• Aris1970 likes this

#127 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:15 PM

Parallellograms are slanted (at an angle), rectangles are not.

• Dekaeneas-Spy likes this
Posted Image

#128 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:27 PM

@D-spy

I am sorry but you are totally clueless with this issue and looks very bad to accuse all these people who wrote in this topic that they prefer the old version for the reasons you mention in your post.

Actually the new version doesn't help to this direction because 

1. New version Is still free . Battle coins are needed only to buy some extra features. This means that the problem with multiple accounts  still exist

2. Outside help during the games (via skype or sharing accounts / play against more than one player at the same time) can not be prevented with any version. The only serious attempt towards this direction can be made with strict rules like those in WCO , but this can happen only during tournaments, not for simple random daily games.

So my personal advice to you is this:

Before you post something please be sure that you have idea about what is discussed. If your English are not enough to understand what is the discussed topic,  it is better to stay out

I have not played the new version but i assumed that this is why you react because you are talking about clean ranking and tournaments and have 10 and up secret accounts. I forgot!!!!! your main account is obvious.

yes, you are right my English is not very good but I have no problem to write and say what i believe.(

I'm sorry if you have problem, but I can not do anything about it. :( 

Aaaaaa for this when I write in Greek you do not speak?my english bothered now?

Do you not understand nor my Greek or you want to hide things and situations?

Μoreover, many players are not good nor the Greek, but you want to write when it suits you.

• Lonello likes this

#129 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:37 PM

@Napoleon,moderators,tournament managers

Do you not like these proposals?
I will remind you continuity !!!

Θα μιλούσαμε για stratego με καθαρή βαθμολογική κατάταξη καθώς και για πιο αξιόπιστα τουρνουά αν ο κάθε ένας παίκτης είχε μόνο ένα λογαριασμό στο site.

Από την στιγμή που το site επιτρέπει την δημιουργία πολλών λογαριασμών και ο κάθε παίκτης έχει από 2 έως 102 λογαριασμούς(ελάχιστοι είναι οι ενεργοί παίκτες με έναν μόνο λογαριασμό) είναι πολύ, μα πολύ δύσκολο να έχουμε αξιόπιστη βαθμολογία καθώς και τουρνουά.

Βλέποντας τη λίστα σας, ο λόγος που επέμενα να αποσυρθώ από αυτή ήταν γιατί  "διυλίζεται τον κώνωπα και καταπίνετε την κάμιλον".

Κύριοι της GOSC και  Napoleon,fleur,Nick σας αναφέρω ότι καθαρή βαθμολογική κατάταξη και πιο αξιόπιστα τουρνουά θα λέγαμε ότι μπορούσαμε να επιτυχούμε:

1) Αν αντι για λίστα με "κύριους" λογαριασμούς είχατε δηλώσει ο καθένας σας όλους τους λογαριασμούς σας(λίστα παικτών με ολους τους λογαριασμούς τους).Τότε θα συμμετείχα ευχαρίστως.

2) Να μηδενίζονταν όλοι οι λογαριασμοί του παίκτη που θα απέκρυβε έστω και έναν λογαριασμό(αν γινότανε κάποια στιγμή αντιληπτό).

3) Να δίνονται στους υπεύθυνους με screenshot τα τελευταία 10 παιχνίδια του κάθε παίκτη που θέλει να συμμετέχει στην καθαρή βαθμολογική κατάταξη(θα προβλημάτιζε αρκετά αυτόν που ήθελε να παίξει με δύο δικους του λογαριασμούς -σε στημένο παιχνίδι- για να ανεβάσει το έναν από αυτούς).Είναι πάρα πολύ εύκολο στην πράξη(screenshot).

4) Στα τουρνουά παίκτες που αποκαλύπτεται ότι παίζουν από την ίδια IP, θα έπρεπε να αποκλείονται και να τημωρούνται(παίκτες από το ίδιο σπίτι,παίκτες που παίζουν από το ίδιο internet cafe καθώς και αν υπάρχουν παίκτες από το ίδιο χωριό ή μικρή σε πληθυσμό περιοχή και είναι γνωστό, θα έπρεπε να παίζουν τα παιχνίδια με τους αντιπάλους τους τις ίδιες μέρες και ώρες για μεγαλύτερη αξιοπιστία ).

Χωρίς την εφαρμογή των  παραπάνω δεν είμαι σε θέση να αναγνωρισώ αλλά ούτε να συμμετέχω σε καμία λίστα "κύριων" λογαριασμών,σε καμιά λίστα που δήθεν καθαρίζει την βαθμολογική κατάταξη των παικτών(Napoleon,Fleur,Nick) και στα τουρνουά(cflag,KARAISKAKIS,Optician,Nortrom,Morx).

Προσπαθείτε δήθεν να υπάρχει αξιοπιστία στα τουρνουά και στην καταταξη αλλά στο μέτρο που θέλετε και σας βολευει ενω γνωρίζεται τα αληθινά προβλήματα ποια ειναι και αδιαφορείτε.

Μέχρι να συμβούν αλλαγές στο site(Admin,moderators,Tournament Managers) σχετικά με τα παραπάνω αρκούμαι να διασκεδάζω παίζοντας αυτό το όμορφο παιχνίδι που λέγεται stratego.

Σας ευχαριστώ.

Dekaeneas-Spy

Edited by Dekaeneas-Spy, 18 November 2015 - 05:45 PM.

#130 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:38 PM

Please keep it in English!

Posted Image

#131 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:56 PM

Mick,

A parallelogram is a quadrilateral with 2 pair of opposite, equal and parallel sides.

Thus all rectangles are parallelograms but not all parallelograms are rectangles.

Thank you from my 6th grade math teacher.

Regards,

Scott

• maxroelofs, sevenseas and Fairway like this

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#132 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:05 PM

bUD8hMg.jpg

HrzHE5n.jpg

yznJ89V.jpg

ok ... (pieces & grid) are not squares. Personal, I do not remember my opponent pieces in the new version.
All lotto players here ;)

• zoografos likes this

#133 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

Please keep it in English!

Yes D-Spy, your English is sufficient enough so just continue in English pls.

Lo

#134 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,903 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:30 PM

Aris

I agree with Mick ... these new pieces look more like trapeze than parallelograms

Rectangle being, as Scottrussia correctly said, a particular parallelogram

Maybe we shall go for cubes?
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#135 tomato123456

tomato123456

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:13 PM

I was never using the old app much (simply because I prefer playing on the way bigger computer screen with a mouse) but the new one sure doesn't look better... Do you also get the graveyards shown right next to the board when you play on a smartphone? If that is the case then the pieces would get so small that you wouldn't be able to click them with a fingertip (not a human one at least). In the old app the graveyards are hidden behind a button so the full smartphone screen area is used by the board and you can actually select one of the pieces without too much difficulty. The piece art in the first picture shown in Aris' post looks exactly the same as the piece art in the old app like I have set it, so that would still be ok with me.

#136 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:33 PM

(the grid) 4x10 = 40rectangles ..... and not 4x10 = 40 squares !!! like the board game and like old app.

squares, parallelograms, rectangles, cubes ... Anyway, what is the geometric shape of cartoons pieces? :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

• zoografos likes this

#137 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:06 PM

We are serious who bothers if is squares or rectangles the pieces?

People did a new version for some reason whether we like it or not we like it.

Very positive move and wish to have and continue.

Thank you Mick and Lonello

* I have not done English lessons and I'm self taught and i try to learn the language.

If you want karai skaki make me English lessons.

As for your accommodation and  tickets all paid......... :) :D :D :D ...... :rolleyes: ;)

Edited by Dekaeneas-Spy, 18 November 2015 - 11:18 PM.

#138 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:35 PM

Thank you from my 6th grade math teacher.

Lol same here Scott.

#139 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:32 PM

You have noticed in the new app when a piece captures the other then shown two cards ..... is joke !!! You do not see the pieces of your opponent for a few seconds virtually you do not have picture of the game.

@Mick

About these big cards appearing after each battle ?

#140 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:05 AM

These big cards and babyish. I feel like we're doing addition flash cards in pre-school. "What's one plus one, class?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users