Photo

New App vs. Old App

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

Poll: New App vs. Old App (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Which app do you like better?

1. The old app (50 votes [98.04%])

Percentage of vote: 98.04%

2. The new app (1 votes [1.96%])

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,381 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:05 PM

41 for the new? I suppose for the old :)

You supposed correctly, due to your name.  :)

• Master Mind likes this

Conspiracy Theory 18427: The Developers will never fix the web version of the game, and will force everyone to spend money on the app instead. RIP my stratego career.

#102 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:27 PM

Nice job closing threads that disagree with the new app agenda Mick. ;)

http://forum.strateg...-app-available/

I closed it because there were already 2 topics adressing the same issue. One more would be a bit futile :)

Posted Image

#103 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:08 PM

I found so far just one something good in the new version:
there is the choise " remove ads"
remove ads
300 batle coins for 7 days
650 batle coins for 60 days
990 batle coins for 365 days
Today, I played three games with new app, I try to become accustomed it  ,  I wish every day to find something positive !!!

I may change my vote :)

• MickM likes this

#104 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,722 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:03 PM

Today, I played three games with new app, I try to become accustomed it  ,  I wish every day to find something positive !!!

Guys,

There is and a second positive (good) point : I bought 5400 battle coins with 12.99 ...... best prices !!!  while older.... it was 5400 battle coins with 39.99

I may change my vote (with a third positive point)

#105 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:12 PM

OK the race would be exciting once more as it would be 40-2 then :D :lol: :P

Who again was the other one PRO? Normally you would see how everyone voted, wouldn't you? I guess Fairway chose other options when making the poll?

Anyway, one thing I do like about this new app is the random set ups you may get.... but I agree with everyone, that should be optional!

But the randomness of it is nice if you have this 10 pieces variant, as 90% of the players simply put their flag in the corner, surrounded by bombs. No fun in that.

I would prefer the 8 pieces variant which is officially launched by Jumbo in the 90's and has a trademark: Stratego Barrage.

Lo

#106 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 4,381 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:59 AM

I closed it because there were already 2 topics adressing the same issue. One more would be a bit futile :)

So you closed both? That's an even better solution.

Conspiracy Theory 18427: The Developers will never fix the web version of the game, and will force everyone to spend money on the app instead. RIP my stratego career.

#107 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 4,381 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:59 AM

Guys,

There is and a second positive (good) point : I bought 5400 battle coins with 12.99 ...... best prices !!!  while older.... it was 5400 battle coins with 39.99

NOOOOOOOOOOO! 

#108 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 4,381 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:00 AM

I found so far just one something good in the new version:
there is the choise " remove ads"
remove ads
300 batle coins for 7 days
650 batle coins for 60 days
990 batle coins for 365 days

Don't feed MickM. Very very very very very....... bad choice. Is cheap add removal and cheap battle coins worth pretty much obliterating quick games and have a 2-year-old toddler game instead of actual stratego? NO.

Edited by Fairway, 17 November 2015 - 01:01 AM.

#109 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:31 AM

can only using random setup to play is nonsense, that's a game reserved for babies playing luckyhitratego

hey aris since u like to pay so much, let me suggest the best p2w format for this game for u

lets make use 100 battlecoins to buy each miner piece

200 battlecoins for sergeant

500 battlecoin for captain

1000 battlecoin for colonel

3000 for general

10000 for marshal

scouts are free. u are free to use any number per game.

what  a brilliant idea! makes tons of monies for the game developers! brand new game!   the age of Profits!

• Aris1970 likes this

#110 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:33 AM

anyone who speak up for this new app format now must be clearly out of their freaking mind

#111 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:36 AM

exactly

show the poll results of who voted. there is nothing to hide. even tho its pretty obvious where is that one single vote but its always better to put on record

#112 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:12 AM

Please keep it civil and don't double post just to boost your post-count.

Let's keep it friendly!

Posted Image

#113 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 4,381 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:27 PM

Please keep it civil and don't double post just to boost your post-count.

Let's keep it friendly!

Some people simply have not been alerted to the edit button yet. It's okay, Mick. " :) "

#114 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:38 PM

some of your reply to the forummers here are not even civil, full of sarcasm, full of unnecessary smileys like this :) , and the last thing from u is a friendly ear

so that u know, lets dispense with the formalities here

#115 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,722 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:57 PM

You have noticed in the new app when a piece captures the other then shown two cards ..... is joke !!! You do not see the pieces of your opponent for a few seconds virtually you do not have picture of the game.
This change (the first change or the most important change in my opinion) should  be needed on the new version, if it's not changed, then Guys ..... is impossible for any serious player to play on the new App !!!

Second change in my opinion should be about the geometric shape of the piece: This is parallelogram while it should be square (Simulation of the board game by Jumbo). We as stratego players always talking for squares and not for parallelograms. 

Mick, let me say that you have no experience as a stratego player. :)
This is why you're the only one who have voted in favor of the new app. ;)
With two changes who I mentioned perhaps the result of the poll would be different. :)

Edited by Aris1970, 17 November 2015 - 07:00 PM.

• zoografos and Fairway like this

#116 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:46 PM

exactly

show the poll results of who voted. there is nothing to hide. even tho its pretty obvious where is that one single vote but its always better to put on record

This cannot be done after a poll has been started. Only when it is originally set up. This would have been nice as a public poll, I agree.
Posted Image
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/
Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#117 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:55 PM

You have noticed in the new app when a piece captures the other then shown two cards ..... is joke !!! You do not see the pieces of your opponent for a few seconds virtually you do not have picture of the game.
This change (the first change or the most important change in my opinion) should  be needed on the new version, if it's not changed, then Guys ..... is impossible for any serious player to play on the new App !!!

I personally don't mind the big cards appearing after each battle. I can see this would bother people, though. I guess I've possibly played more with the new app than anyone else and they don't bother me so much anymore. What I would like to see fixed is the fact that the cards always show the movement of the victorious piece striking the losing piece...even though the losing piece may have been the one striking. It's a confusing thing because it doesn't accurately reflect what happened in the battle.
Posted Image
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/
Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#118 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:28 PM

I understood that the new version created to attract the young people and to have the company gains.
There is the future(children) of the game and let us not want to understand some who are approaching 50 or 60 years.

Υou could also to create a second version such as the old.

The new version can not play:

Players who have thick fingers. :excl:

Players trembles their hand because have spent their years. -_-

Players who want to have multiple accounts but have known (main) only one(unless you want to pay). :rolleyes:

Players that play on the computer and like to have 5-1970 players from behind to help their. :ph34r: ...... :D .......???? :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

Players who play the games other players from skype. :o

Edited by Dekaeneas-Spy, 17 November 2015 - 10:48 PM.

#119 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 4,381 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:33 PM

To the new app and to Mick: Please change all the things we are saying or nobody will play on the new app and they will all go to gravon. Don't worry, there's no pressure whatsoever. " :) "

Edited by Fairway, 17 November 2015 - 09:34 PM.

#120 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:30 AM

some of your reply to the forummers here are not even civil, full of sarcasm, full of unnecessary smileys like this  , and the last thing from u is a friendly ear

so that u know, lets dispense with the formalities here

I think I've been more than friendly.

I'm just asking people to respect the forum rules.

Second change in my opinion should be about the geometric shape of the piece: This is parallelogram while it should be square (Simulation of the board game by Jumbo). We as stratego players always talking for squares and not for parallelograms. 

Mick, let me say that you have no experience as a stratego player. 
This is why you're the only one who have voted in favor of the new app. 
With two changes who I mentioned perhaps the result of the poll would be different. 

I find it funny you claim to know about my personal history :) But seeing as you don't, I cannot take your reply serious...

Also, I appreciate the usage of fancy terms, but when you misuse them, it sounds a bit silly.

The current pieces are not parallellograms, the grid and the pieces are all squared.

This cannot be done after a poll has been started. Only when it is originally set up. This would have been nice as a public poll, I agree.

I've already explained why I voted yes :)

I understood that the new version created to attract the young people and to have the company gains.
There is the future(children) of the game and let us not want to understand some who are approaching 50 or 60 years.

Υou could also to create a second version such as the old.

The new version can not play:

Players who have thick fingers. :excl:

Players trembles their hand because have spent their years. -_-

Players who want to have multiple accounts but have known (main) only one(unless you want to pay). :rolleyes:

Players that play on the computer and like to have 5-1970 players from behind to help their. :ph34r: ...... :D .......???? 

Players who play the games other players from skype. :o

I am sorry you feel this way but let me clarify some things:

- The clickable units are much larger than the previous app, so it's actually better to play than the previous version

- Personal injury has nothing to do with the gamedevelopment. You cannot hold game companies responsible for things like arthritis

- This is kind of against the rules though

- This is kind of against the rules

- This could happen right?

To the new app and to Mick: Please change all the things we are saying or nobody will play on the new app and they will all go to gravon. Don't worry, there's no pressure whatsoever. " :) "

If this is what you want, then you are free to do so :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users