Photo

New App vs. Old App

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

Poll: New App vs. Old App (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Which app do you like better?

1. The old app (50 votes [98.04%])

Percentage of vote: 98.04%

2. The new app (1 votes [1.96%])

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,360 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:08 PM

I keep on trying to tell Mick. He won't listen.

He's indeed a really stubborn guy, who only joins the team to ruin Stratego, and to get money, and to make himself disliked by everyone, and he won't get his money anyway!

• Fairway likes this

#82 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,360 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:12 PM

Sorry Mick, you're not that bad either. 

#83 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:13 PM

whats this rubbish ridiculous new art piece

just get outta here guys

We're not going anywhere for a while :)

You're right Jade, everyone leaves, and the $$ for the developers has gone because of their own stupid choices!

More people are joining in on the fun, every day! So that's not entirely true.

He's indeed a really stubborn guy, who only joins the team to ruin Stratego, and to get money, and to make himself disliked by everyone, and he won't get his money anyway!

I'm sorry you feel this way.

Posted Image

#84 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,360 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:41 PM

More people are joining in on the fun, every day! So that's not entirely true.

And two times as much people leave!

But I agree with Moghedien, If I say all my opinions, I'm quite near to be banned from this site!

• maxroelofs, Moghedien, sevenseas and 1 other like this

#85 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:32 PM

Measuring your success by # of players is nonsense. Number of players only measures short term success.

Whether users stick around, and whether users like the app, and whether users choose to pay for the app is a whole other spectrum of measurement which MickM is completely ignoring. I'm speaking for myself here in that I would only pay an in-app purchase if I like the app I'm playing. I'm fairly sure nearly everyone feels the same way -- including children which is MickM's primary source of revenue.

MickM is saying the app is wildly successful with everyone because it has thousands of plays. But so did the old app! I am frustrated because MickM is clearly not transparent in his posts and isn't telling the full story. It is obvious no one is satisfied here with the new app but he will always choose to completely ignore us with no considerations or empathy towards our views.

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#86 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,360 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:12 PM

I can't say it better anyway!

#87 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:31 PM

But I agree with Moghedien, If I say all my opinions, I'm quite near to be banned from this site!

If you cannot express your opinion in a respectable manner, then please refrain from sharing it.

Measuring your success by # of players is nonsense. Number of players only measures short term success.

Whether users stick around, and whether users like the app, and whether users choose to pay for the app is a whole other spectrum of measurement which MickM is completely ignoring. I'm speaking for myself here in that I would only pay an in-app purchase if I like the app I'm playing. I'm fairly sure nearly everyone feels the same way -- including children which is MickM's primary source of revenue.

MickM is saying the app is wildly successful with everyone because it has thousands of plays. But so did the old app! I am frustrated because MickM is clearly not transparent in his posts and isn't telling the full story. It is obvious no one is satisfied here with the new app but he will always choose to completely ignore us with no considerations or empathy towards our views.

Whether you want to go with what I say or what you want to believe, facts remain as they are :)

I had hoped that me answering your complaints and being open to discussion would show me (and us) respecting the established playerbase. But all I read is people misreading and misquoting, childish insults and people who think that a gamedeveloper should do everything all the players say, or is otherwise 'ignoring' the players.

I am very sorry you guys/gals feel this way, but as I have said multiple times (and Jur has stressed as well), we're gonna continue to work on the multiplayer, upgrading all platforms to the new version, while also tweaking and perfecting the new version.

This means that anything can happen, depending on how we develop.

If we believe a certain things will be better than others, we might do that. I cannot see into the future, but I do know that the entire team is determined to give Stratego all the love it deserves.

I hope me commenting here on this forum proves that we care.

Really... if we did not care, we could've closed the forum and never replied here ;) (but we don't)

Posted Image

#88 Moghedien

Moghedien

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:48 PM

If you cannot express your opinion in a respectable manner, then please refrain from sharing it.

Whether you want to go with what I say or what you want to believe, facts remain as they are :)

I had hoped that me answering your complaints and being open to discussion would show me (and us) respecting the established playerbase. But all I read is people misreading and misquoting, childish insults and people who think that a gamedeveloper should do everything all the players say, or is otherwise 'ignoring' the players.

I am very sorry you guys/gals feel this way, but as I have said multiple times (and Jur has stressed as well), we're gonna continue to work on the multiplayer, upgrading all platforms to the new version, while also tweaking and perfecting the new version.

This means that anything can happen, depending on how we develop.

If we believe a certain things will be better than others, we might do that. I cannot see into the future, but I do know that the entire team is determined to give Stratego all the love it deserves.

I hope me commenting here on this forum proves that we care.

Really... if we did not care, we could've closed the forum and never replied here ;) (but we don't)

Mick, I have nothing against you personally (I do not even know you). If you feel insulted then I am sorry for that. But I keep having the feeling that you do not care for our opinions, I cannot help that. In my opinion your answers to our complaints are proving that you have a plan and will not deviate from it. In that case there is no point for us trying to expect anything from you or the developers. We are disappointed, that is all. I am not angry and I do not wish you any incurable diseases trust me. In your quote above you practically admit that you will continue your own way and (in my opinion) change the game forever (in a child's game). I admit that I have played with the new app, even bought 600 battle coins to buy the features I like. But I cannot play seriously with it, I am sorry. It remains an app that is not built for serious stratego play. And one final advice: quit the smileys Mick, that infuriates me sometimes because it is proving in my opinion that you are not taking things seriously. Good evening...

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt

#89 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:52 PM

Mick, I have nothing against you personally (I do not even know you). If you feel insulted then I am sorry for that. But I keep having the feeling that you do not care for our opinions, I cannot help that. In my opinion your answers to our complaints are proving that you have a plan and will not deviate from it. In that case there is no point for us trying to expect anything from you or the developers. We are disappointed, that is all. I am not angry and I do not wish you any incurable diseases trust me. In your quote above you practically admit that you will continue your own way and (in my opinion) change the game forever (in a child's game). I admit that I have played with the new app, even bought 600 battle coins to buy the features I like. But I cannot play seriously with it, I am sorry. It remains an app that is not built for serious stratego play. And one final advice: quit the smileys Mick, that infuriates me sometimes because it is proving in my opinion that you are not taking things seriously. Good evening...

If you wish to continue to misread my genuity and convert them into something else, you are free to do so...

But do know that this is not what I am saying.

Posted Image

#90 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,264 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:30 PM

I agree with that fully.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#91 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,264 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:31 PM

We're not going anywhere for a while :)

More people are joining in on the fun, (You're hilarious, Mick) every day! So that's not entirely true.

#92 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:16 PM

Nice job closing threads that disagree with the new app agenda Mick. ;)

http://forum.strateg...-app-available/

#93 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,264 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:17 PM

Nice job closing threads that disagree with the new app agenda Mick. ;)

http://forum.strateg...-app-available/

Just thinking that.

#94 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:59 AM

this must be one of the rare times, or *GASP* the only only onlyx3 time that mr genius got his interpretation wrong
when i say get outta here, i referring to the players here. It is no longer a matter of who caring for the site.
some genius is turning the game into something else

lets get out of here. play somewhere else

#95 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:17 PM

I've just casted the 42th vote to support the old version... not that I am any judge here as I haven't played any apps but the pics I have seen of them are enough for me to support the old version, let alone the reviews I've read.

• Fairway likes this
Lo

#96 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,264 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:42 PM

It's not showing up in the poll...... It says only 41 votes for the new app

#97 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,360 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:44 PM

41 for the new? I suppose for the old :)

• Fairway likes this

#98 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:52 PM

42nd vote overall, but 41st vote for the old app. That is what Lonello meant. :)

#99 Chewtoy

Chewtoy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:59 PM

Honestly, all the developers had to do was improve upon aspects of the old app. 

Everything was there - of course, the chasing rule and anti-chase needed to be addressed, but there was enough for infinite enjoyment. 

As far as the success of the "new app," when people see me playing they ask me when this "video game" was made.

I laugh inwardly. You idiots! This is a board game. 

Sadly, the new app makes it appear as if it's a video game after all (and a bad one at that). 

Terror made me cruel. 

#100 Roondy Moose

Roondy Moose

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:08 PM

I would be too embarrassed to have anyone see me playing it.

• Fairway likes this

Love is a losing game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users