Photo

New App vs. Old App

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

Poll: New App vs. Old App (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Which app do you like better?

1. The old app (50 votes [98.04%])

Percentage of vote: 98.04%

2. The new app (1 votes [1.96%])

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:04 PM

I played ago a few minutes a quick arena game. I thought maybe I have something wrong, maybe and I am crazy ...... Guys ..... is impossible for any serious player to play on the new App ...... is impossible !!! it is a game for Kids.
We are all crazy !!! Please someone to upload a video. I believe most here you have not played with the new app
Guys .... you will be panicked !!! You have noticed in the new app when a piece captures the other then shown two cards ..... is joke !!! You do not see the pieces of your opponent.

• kostas2506, zoografos, Moghedien and 1 other like this

#22 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:35 PM

The new app is simply a baby game with childish features. Everything is based on for young kids and no adult can stand the game. The is simply terrible and embarrassing. 

• Aris1970 likes this
WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#23 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:00 AM

It is indeed! Glad to see so many members getting active again! :D

Especially when they are voting against the new app.

#24 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:53 AM

19 votes for old app plus mickm voting for new app.It's a landslide.

But MickM won't change it as the primary source of revenue is children playing the app and bothering mum + dad to buy battlecoins for their avatars etc. This isn't about gathering a larger audience, it's just about the bottom line profits for Jumbo.

It is impossible for any serious player to play on the new app. We can't "get over it in time" as MickM describes as there are substantial, fundamental flaws in the way the app was developed which means it is extremely frustrating to use.

I'm sorry you feel this way. But I'm sure you will get over it in time and be able to start enjoying the game like the rest of us :)

To all,

as sad as it is to conclude but this is senseless as Mr. God of Stratego will not listen to arguments. Maybe we are all crazy as it is obviously a child's game, why have we not thought about it that way? We are the idiot adults who love playing it and God of Stratego is right. I will play until not only my app has turned into cartoon figures but the site also.

A bit dramatical, don't you think? ;)

I played ago a few minutes a quick arena game. I thought maybe I have something wrong, maybe and I am crazy ...... Guys ..... is impossible for any serious player to play on the new App ...... is impossible !!! it is a game for Kids.
We are all crazy !!! Please someone to upload a video. I believe most here you have not played with the new app
Guys .... you will be panicked !!! You have noticed in the new app when a piece captures the other then shown two cards ..... is joke !!! You do not see the pieces of your opponent.

I'm sorry to hear that a serious player is not able to win Quick Battles.

Also feel free to look up the original rules of Stratego. We stuck to that. Even Jumbo says so :)

The new app is simply a baby game with childish features. Everything is based on for young kids and no adult can stand the game. The is simply terrible and embarrassing. 

What about the features do you find childish?

Especially when they are voting against the new app.

Activity is activity :)

Posted Image

#25 dalee

dalee

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:14 AM

From Patra-Patras Stratego Team(Greece-Greek Federaration Stratego) with at least 11 Confirmed Greek Acounts(They will vote soon) and at least 40 members for live stratego, the vote goes to Old version.

If you load new version, all Greek players(Confirmed Greek Acounts) and Greek Tournaments will leave stratego.com for other platforms.

I think is not so big problem for us...

Take a look: https://www.youtube....h?v=q_Jx1vAzNXQ , https://www.youtube....h?v=PxbHVWOlpZE

• KARAISKAKIS, kostas2506, Aris1970 and 1 other like this

#26 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:32 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=PxbHVWOlpZE 

We will play in the tournaments with this version ???
let's get serious !!! ;)

@ Napoleon1er , Lonello ,.... (mods)......
Can you play in 2 tournaments here in stratego.com with this new app ?

#27 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,483 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:38 AM

Clarification to dalee's post

Patras Stratego team is one of the four clubs in Greece. Soon will follow announcements from the other clubs and of course strategohellas.

• kostas2506 likes this

#28 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:43 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=PxbHVWOlpZE 

We will play in the tournaments with this version ???
let's get serious !!! ;)

@ Napoleon1er , Lonello ,.... (mods)......
Can you play in 2 tournaments here in stratego.com with this new app ?

I recommend playing tournaments in the multiplayer version, not the singleplayer ;)

Posted Image

#29 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,483 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:12 AM

I recommend playing tournaments in the multiplayer version, not the singleplayer ;)

How it is possible to confirm the result of a tournament game from such screenshots in which you can not see the opponents names !!!!

Fortunately for leppie , his opponent confirmed the result.

#30 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:21 AM

How it is possible to confirm the result of a tournament game from such screenshots in which you can not see the opponents names !!!!

Fortunately for leppie , his opponent confirmed the result.

This is something that will be fixed in the upcoming patch, with the coming of new ranks. 

Posted Image

#31 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,483 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:35 AM

This is something that will be fixed in the upcoming patch, with the coming of new ranks. 

That is good but you still miss my point. Tournaments are in process , can't wait the upcoming patch.

#32 dalee

dalee

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:35 AM

Karaiskakis please don't get involved in dialog with MickM. It's impossible to get realistic answers from that indescribable guy... Their target is earn money from kids. They don't care really about stratego and its development.

• Moghedien and Vanir44 like this

#33 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:59 AM

That is good but you still miss my point. Tournaments are in process , can't wait the upcoming patch.

Then the tournament will have to be played differently. We will not deviate from our planning because of one tournament.

Karaiskakis please don't get involved in dialog with MickM. It's impossible to get realistic answers from that indescribable guy... Their target is earn money from kids. They don't care really about stratego and its development.

It's a shame you managed to misunderstand more than 90% of what I wrote and explained here.

Posted Image

#34 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:12 AM

let's get serious !!!

#35 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:17 AM

I'm sorry you feel this way. But I'm sure you will get over it in time and be able to start enjoying the game like the rest of us :)

Rest of us, eh? More like just you.

#36 MIMIS69

MIMIS69

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:18 AM

the new app  is for baby

• Aris1970, Moghedien and Fairway like this

#37 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:19 AM

the new app  is for baby

What we've all been trying to say.

• Aris1970 and MIMIS69 like this

#38 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:02 PM

Mick
It is good to have a new version for a new public. But i think what you need to confirm here is that the introduction of the new version will not delete the old one ... it will only come "in addition to it".
Also you understand that 2 tournaments are currently ongoing which involve more than 100 players. These tournaments cannot be just "deleted" because of a new version. These tournaments shall end somewhere around beginning of 2016. So i think for reassuring all the public here it would be wise if you can confirm that the old version will not be deleted or at least not before a 1:1 equivalent platform exist that will allow 100% of the existing features (including existing design) to remain and that will have been tested and approved by some of the fans of this forum or from international stratego federations.
Looking forward to your understanding ... people on this forum are the best opinion leaders to promote stratego ... it is vital for the success of the new version to listen to them and act accordingly.
  • kostas2506 and Fairway like this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#39 kokokitty

kokokitty

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:11 PM

Its a shame that someone here is going all-out to drive the best players on this site away. Its like the previous waterfall scandal guy, back with a vengeance :D

Its unfortunate I havent gotten to play with many stratego masters here. And it doesnt look like it will happen soon.

I took a look at gravon and while it keeps a history of players games, their html interface really needs alot of work. Maybe gravon will improve one day, and since it already has top players perhaps in future it may become the old stratego.com we knew.

#40 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:27 PM

I was thinking about going to gravon. 

• Sohal likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic