#21 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,196 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:57 PM

@ Everything Max has said: BINGO, SPOT ON.
WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#22 texaspete09

texaspete09

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 537 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:03 AM

I think the real problem is the setup time. 2 minutes should be plenty time to place 10 pieces on a board.
  • Fairway likes this
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#23 Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:03 AM

There's also a funny part of it. As a Player who loves quick games I'm playing them so often that I know most of the common setups now. If I meet an app player now, I lotto him. There's no sense to play normal if I see all of his pieces after checking one of them out.

But well, if you think about it, it's very sad.

Edited by Mr. Smith, 11 November 2015 - 09:04 AM.

• maxroelofs and Fairway like this

#24 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,196 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:59 AM

There's also a funny part of it. As a Player who loves quick games I'm playing them so often that I know most of the common setups now. If I meet an app player now, I lotto him. There's no sense to play normal if I see all of his pieces after checking one of them out.

But well, if you think about it, it's very sad.

Same here. There is a strategy where it has 2 bombs on either side of the lake and then the flag between them. I go lotto with Marsh and once their whole strategy is destroyed I bring a miner.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#25 Witherguy12

Witherguy12

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:21 AM

Well my setups are different, EVERYONE ALMOST STARTS THEIR MARSHAL IN QUICK GAMES!! I start the spy often because I'm a gambler. Than my opponent is surprised!!

#26 PuzzledTea

PuzzledTea

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:59 PM

Well my setups are different, EVERYONE ALMOST STARTS THEIR MARSHAL IN QUICK GAMES!! I start the spy often because I'm a gambler. Than my opponent is surprised!!

Even with me not being on the app version myself before still, I think it's safe to say that unless the QA randomly was decided togo back to the old way, that is how your games will keep going. I still don't really understand why it changed to pre-set stuff only.

I suppose it means more wins for people in one way (depending on experience of course.), pretty much for knowing the rules and having a good memory! But if all matches turn out like that on each version, that'd make the next QA tournament a bit underwhelming...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users