#121 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:09 PM

Due to an egregious misclick by Fairway in which both players knew decided the game, my game with Bill0nStrateg0  was very graciously decided to not count as an open game. Thank you Bill.

EDIT: @Bill did you see what I wrote in the in-game chat lastly before you exited game?

I'm sorry I was not fully clear but I humbly ask you to please read my whole sentence next time and allow me to explain. Thanks.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#122 Bill0nStrateg0

Bill0nStrateg0

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:12 PM

Whatever Fairway i was up a colonel and a major he made a mistake w general and lost it then said it was a stick slip and asked me to forget the game i agreed cause im a nice guy then he messaged me that he would have beat me. lol

what do you guys usually do in that situation i wanted to be a good sport but then he talks shiite after i give him a break.

Whats the protocal

he said it was a sticjk slip but he just left his general sitting next to my my known marshall and moved a different piece

Should i have played cutthroat or was i right to give him a mulligan ?

Edited by Bill0nStrateg0, 04 March 2017 - 10:57 PM.

#123 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

Whatever Fairway i was up a colonel he made a mistake w general and lost it then said it was a stick slip and asked me to forget the game i agreed cause im a nice guy the he messaged me that he would have beat me. 

what do you guys usually do in that situation i wanted to be a good sport but then he talks shiite after i give him a break.

Whats the protocal

he said it was a sticjk slip but he just left his general sitting next to my my known marshall and moved a different piece

That is not what I said!!!!

Please see attached screenshots Everybody.

http://imgur.com/a/naieb

I SAID I MIGHT HAVE HAD YOU IF I WAS ONLY DOWN THE COLONEL AND MAJOR BECAUSE I WAS UP THREE MINORS!!! I SAID IT WOULD BE CLOSE!!!

BUT I said NOTHING about after the general!

Please read my whole sentence before you spout abusive comments! You left the game before I could explain!!!

I knew Bill's Marshal, General, and Colonel, as well as one major. He knew my General, that was it. I was saying because of my info advantage and 3 minors advantage (I was indeed up three minors) I might have been able to pull it off BEFORE I misclicked with the general !!!!

#124 Bill0nStrateg0

Bill0nStrateg0

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:40 PM

I'm sorry Fairway I forget youre still a kid. I know you didn't mean after the General lol ( I always knew that) but it still pissed me off that you messaged me to tell me how you would have beat me if not for the mistake w the general. I was ahead and in good shape.

That's not what you do after someone gives you a break like i did. I'm sorry i defriended you and if you ask to be again ill accept.

PS. I also knew one of your captains from earlier remember ? ;)

Edited by Bill0nStrateg0, 04 March 2017 - 11:00 PM.

#125 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:47 PM

I'm sorry Fairway I forget youre still a kid. I know you didn't mean after the General lol ( I always knew that) but it still pissed me off that you messaged me to tell me how you would have beat me if not for the mistake w the general. I was ahead and in good shape.

That's not what you do after someone gives you a break like i did. I'm sorry i defriended you and if you ask to be again ill accept.

Thank you for the apology,  although note that I was  not confident I would beat you, I said that with a lot of patience I could have been able to beat you due to my 3 minors and info advantage. I did not mean it to come across as "I would have easily beaten you" as that is not at all what I meant.

Although I realize that it angered you, I'm quite disturbed by your words. If somebody is going to react "  **** you"  " i can read asshole" ect like that at a comment without allowing me to explain I'm not sure If I want to be able to chat with them on my friendlist. Why did you react so terribly?

#126 josephwhite

josephwhite

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:04 PM

gg Mtinsley won a long battle.

• MTinsley likes this

#127 MTinsley

MTinsley

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • 295 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:28 PM

Hello all, new member here. If anyone would like to play an open game please let me know :)

I sent you a friend invite. When can you play?

#128 Bill0nStrateg0

Bill0nStrateg0

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:38 PM

I didn't see your "due to an egregious misclick" post until just this very second and while i agree that , that ended the game i still think i would have won anyway.

And yes i saw what you wrote in the chat and i knew you never meant you'd still win after you lost the general.

I mean , shoot if you thought that we would have kept playing right ?

But you were asking for mercy so i gave it.

#129 Bill0nStrateg0

Bill0nStrateg0

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:39 PM

thats OK i dont want you on my friend list again and now im not sorry i defriended you lol

• Astros 17 likes this

#130 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:45 PM

I didn't see your "due to an egregious misclick" post until just this very second and while i agree that , that ended the game i still think i would have won anyway.

And yes i saw what you wrote in the chat and i knew you never meant you'd still win after you lost the general.

I mean , shoot if you thought that we would have kept playing right ?

But you were asking for mercy so i gave it.

Perhaps you would've won with the colonel/major lead only, maybe you wouldn't of, I don't know. It would have been a close, long, drawn out game.

And I thank you for not recognizing this as an open game after my misclick

thats OK i dont want you on my friend list again and now im not sorry i defriended you lol

And this is becuase..?? I'm very confused, you keep jumping around.

#131 MTinsley

MTinsley

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • 295 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:38 AM

Despy and I are playing now.

#132 MTinsley

MTinsley

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • 295 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:05 AM

I lost.

#133 despy

despy

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:08 AM

I lost.

Thanks for the game - think i got very lucky with your 3 attacking my 1!

#134 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:00 AM

Bill, first of all, what's with the language?  I've seen the MT ban players for a week for less.  Regarding misclicks, they happen to everyone and usually the opponent will accept the gift without much thought.  I feel it's best to neither ask for nor grant mercy in these situations, as you don't know if you opponent would be so gracious.  In this particular situation, if you didn't want to take the win that way (by killing Fairway's general) then it would have been best to forgive the move by not attacking with your marshal and allowing the game to play out.  Fairway, my advice to you would be to accept and take responsibility for your misclicks in the future and not put your opponent in the position you did.  Often what we call a misclick is really the result of a momentary lapse in concentration, and as Stratego players, this is something we must train our minds to avoid or suffer the consequences.

• GaryLShelton and tobermoryx like this

#135 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,737 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:52 AM

Dittos to everything The Prof said. Don't ask for quarter and don't give it. Just take your prizes and take your lumps. And keep your civility steadfast. Don't let your language betray you as uncontrolled. Better to be silent and be thought poorly of than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#136 Bill0nStrateg0

Bill0nStrateg0

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:56 AM

You guys don't have to ban me I'll go ahead and withdraw from the open games tournament voluntarily.

It's what I deserve for trying to help that kid out.

#137 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:05 PM

You guys don't have to ban me I'll go ahead and withdraw from the open games tournament voluntarily.

Don't feel bad, stick around and play. I'm sorry about what happened yesterday with all the confusion. But just because I got a screenshot of your abusive words doesn't mean you have to quit. Stick around and play some more.

#138 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

Greetings, Bill. Not a single member of the NASF Committee has had the idea to ban you. We understand that there are going to be times when incidents will occur that challenge the patience of the most seasoned and experienced players–it is a disappointment to us that this situation occurred and we trust that it was an anomaly. We also would prefer that you continue to participate in the Open Games as you may be sure that there are other NASF members who would relish the opportunity to match wits with you. I believe that The Prof's question and comment to you was merely a polite reminder to keep mindful of what words one choses to express one's feelings.

If you would like to discuss anything with us, please feel free to send us all a PM–the committee is here to serve each and every one of our members, and our doors are always open.  :)

• The Prof and sevenseas like this
"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#139 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:17 PM

Please don't withdraw, your an asset. 

• Bill0nStrateg0 likes this

#140 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,737 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:01 PM

After today my availability to play this upcoming week will be daily from 10 a.m. Central to 3:45 p.m. Central, and possibly at night from 9:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Anyone able to catch one of these times that I haven't played twice, I'd love to play.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users