scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:35 AM

I thought this happened last weekend when I played a couple games - but since I don't really pay attention to points I thought it was just my mind getting old.

Today - one week later - I feel better about my mind.  Because again, my opponent decides he's lost.....instead of surrendering.... lets the time run down.  When time gets to zero - the screen sits for a long time - nothing happens - about 30 seconds later...... I get a victory screen saying my opponents time has run out.... and I lose 11 points.

Prior to this game nothing unusual has happened - no disconnections - played a couple of games - didn't get any huge number of points by mistake, etc.

I believe exactly the same thing happened last weekend - played a game - opponent lets time run all the way down - large delay before victory screen - and I lose points.

I have a screen shot from today if you have an email address to send it to - sorry it takes too long for me to figure out how to post stuff online.

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#2 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,378 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:42 AM

customercare@stratego.com is the email address you need. Put it to the attention of Mick would be best.

Coincidentally, I have been having more issues recently on the new app than before myself. The other day I was winning a game and the fellow let his buffer run down. I typed to him this fact but he didn't stop it by moving. It clicked all the way down to 1 second on his buffer and...nothing happened. NOTHING! I sat and waited for another five minutes staring at the screen, but the Victory banner never came on and so I just exited the game and got a loss. Very weird.

Please do send CC the screenshot. These types of errors need to be brought to their attention.

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#3 SusanDD

SusanDD

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

so, i have a new mouse.
Works better than the last one however, there is an inconvenient button by the thumb which reloads the
internet home screen.
Predictably in the middle of a game,
I accidentally press this, return to reload stratego, re-log on, and continue my game.
My complaint is that the captured boards on both sides of the screen reload as zero captures.
Very difficult to remember what I had for breakfast,
much less which of my opponents' guys Ive killed.
Can this be fixed?

Blah blah blah.

Sincerely yours,
Thanks.

#4 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:25 PM

so, i have a new mouse.
Works better than the last one however, there is an inconvenient button by the thumb which reloads the
internet home screen.
Predictably in the middle of a game,
I accidentally press this, return to reload stratego, re-log on, and continue my game.
My complaint is that the captured boards on both sides of the screen reload as zero captures.
Very difficult to remember what I had for breakfast,
much less which of my opponents' guys Ive killed.
Can this be fixed?

Blah blah blah.

Sincerely yours,
Thanks.

Greetings, J.

You probably have guessed that this site has a lot of bugs...the answer to your question is, "No." They, being the company that does generously provide this site without cost or fee, and I do mean this with sincere appreciation, does not have a mind to invest any monetary resource into this particular gaming site. Why? It is not a huge money maker for them, nevertheless, they are still the proud owners of the Stratego game.

I know what you are talking about–having the graveyard disappear. This is a catastrophe when playing a match, but, no...there is nothing to be done about it at present. If you have even the slightest feeling that you are about to lose your screen, can you take a screenshot? I have been able to do this once or twice. This may be your only option, other than recording your game and then stopping the recording to review your graveyard info should you lose it.

Good luck!

• GaryLShelton likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users