#61 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,174 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:31 PM

So, does one game determine your level? You also won from me, but I can win the next 4. So now you are 800 for me, and when I win 4 times, you're only 500 left for me. Do you think this is the truth then?

#62 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:40 PM

2 days before our Master's 2016 tournament game we were matched together Enigma against Napoleon 1er. This game was a kind of training for the tournament. Unfortunately the tournament game was to long and the video recorder didn't catch it but it was quite similar to this one with regard to the thrill. ... hope you enjoy it!

https://youtu.be/45MDZEci-p8

• tobermoryx likes this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#63 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:58 AM

in exclusivity today the video of the only real KING of the full arena in worldvision ... enjoy !!!

https://youtu.be/gvdQ3vIeJeU

• The Prof likes this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#64 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:52 PM

team tournament game against Gpet0 ... marvellous stratego ...

https://youtu.be/D7wSRECcYa8

• The Prof, tobermoryx, texaspete09 and 1 other like this

#65 strangeplayer

strangeplayer

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:11 AM

Very good match from Gpet0! It was very fun to watch.

#66 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:35 PM

One more video, thanks for the game Enigma!

https://youtu.be/5zKbR93gn7I

• tobermoryx likes this

#67 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:40 PM

Today's champions league game against Hielco. Interesting tactics and moves on both sides. probably some good lessons to learn. Little quizz for the fans ... would it have been a draw if i had asked for it at around 33 minutes of the video which was around 1 hour after game start ?

https://youtu.be/_7ewXe_yDkg

• tobermoryx likes this

#68 Bizevr

Bizevr

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:30 PM

Nice game.

1st thought-->Maybe at some point you stand better when you took the spy at learnt marshal's position.

2nd thought-->I am wondering if you could bluff the spy from then and on. Maybe not as it was shown in the beginning next to the Major. 

Turning back at the first thought I am wondering if you actually stand better with a spy almost known and 2 lower pieces down.

These are some random thoughts about the game. At some point I moved fast forward and I am sure I missed a dozen other ideas of both of you!

• Napoleon 1er likes this

― C.S. LewisMere Christianity — “Even in social life, you will never make a good impression on other people until you stop thinking about what sort of impression you're making.” 

#69 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:01 PM

and another nice friendly game against TheOptician from today

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/Z-nLkQCRW8Y

• TheOptician and tobermoryx like this

#70 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• NASF Committee
  • 1,515 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:57 AM

Just watched the Hielco game.  Great game!  You made a nice comeback with your major in his territory, hitting the captain, spy, and finding the marshal.  Here are some thoughts on what you could have done differently.

1)  Your spy could have avoided his scout, since you had the two-squares rule in your favor.

2)  He didn't know for sure that it was your marshal pinning his colonel.  So you could have put him in a 50/50 by moving that 3rd row miner next to the colonel to see if you could cause some doubt.  He likely wouldn't have moved, but I think it was worth a try.  

3)  Most importantly, you could have kept your pinned colonel next to his corner piece so it couldn't get out.  If it were a bomb then it wouldn't have mattered, but it was a miner which turned out to be the only difference at the end.  

#71 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:36 AM

thanks The Prof. Yes i lost my spy stupidly ... this is what makes the difference between 900+ and 1200+ players! and then yes I didn't think about cornering the last miner ... that would have changed the game dramatically ... excellent point ... but still do you think it would have been a draw if i had asked for it at minute 33?

#72 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• NASF Committee
  • 1,515 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 09 October 2016 - 02:34 AM

I don't think he would have accepted the draw.  He was up two pieces (serg. and miner) and you each had equally good info on the opposing high pieces.

#73 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:30 PM

WCO 2016 round 3 Napoleon 1er against Hielco ... another good solid game ... Little quizz for the fans: can you identify the 2-3 moves that the loser could have done differently and that would have given him the advantage?

https://youtu.be/AhPryE2ZJnc

• The Prof and tobermoryx like this

#74 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:17 AM

One thing i noticed is at 6:18 you have a Sergeant backed by a Colonel ,and Hielco takes it with a Lieutenant  , but you decide to let it go.

Then the game ends with Hielco having 1 movable unit : a Lieutenant.

I don't suppose it was the same Lieutenant , and i expect the course of the game would have altered if your Colonel had been known at that point , but that's the only thing that stood out to my level of analysis. 

#75 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:43 AM

Good point but i didn't want to reveal my col on that side. He was somewhat lonely without defense. Furthermore not moving the col may have let him thought that the miner that was behind the col was a strong piece, useful to make some bluffs later in the game.

#76 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:20 PM

Greetings, Napoleon 1er! This was a terrific match and you demonstrate a level of playing I would like to achieve in the future–I am so far away from your level of gameplay, and I am reticent to make any comments; however, I felt that one of the danger points was allowing your colonel on the right flank to get scouted (12:51). You started to move away your bluffing scout, and then Hielco moved up his scout as an unknown piece. I have the notion that if your scout had been on hand, you could have continued to maintain control of the right flank–the possibility, of course, is that ending your scout bluff could have put your other pieces in danger.

At 16:49, you sacrificed your captain to reveal his marshal–that seemed to be a very high risk, and only if it had been something less valuable might have given you more power as the endgame phase began. 

By the way, I fully appreciated your logic in not taking the lieutenant in order to protect information, but it is an interesting note as tobermoryx points out, that the last piece Hielco has is a lieutenant!

–Gwynplaine

P.S.  Am I still a dead man?  ;)

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#77 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:04 PM

in think that what i should have done at minute 38:38 is to jump with my miner on this piece that he moved next to his marsh which was obviously a miner so at the end i would have remained with 2 miners in his field against 1 miner and 1 lieut for him ... and he would not have captured the 3rd and 4th bomb ... that would have possibly given real advantage for either victory or draw.

• Gwynplaine likes this

#78 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:54 PM

and a funny QA game against Kernel Mustard:

https://youtu.be/xYfs-ER-TKE

• Kernel Mustard likes this

#79 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:39 AM

General between bombs.... lol

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#80 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• NASF Committee
  • 1,515 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:51 AM

Great game against Hielco.  I think you needed to take the piece at 35:26 with your marshal.  That, combined with your lotto of the sergeant, would have given you six pieces against five: 10, 6, 4, 3, 3, 3 versus 10, 6, 5, 3, 3, even if he took your spy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users