Photo

How Many People are Playing on the New App?

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#141 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:10 PM

Question 1

In new app can someone double / multiple chase ?

Question 2

In new app are there clock options?

Question 3

In new app have you applied auto draw system

Question 4

Leaderboards in new app will be the same as it is now? e.g. if someone is inactive for a long time will stay in ranks as it is now?

Question 5

In new app is it possible to see the game history  of each player?

Question 6

In new app is there option for viewable games?

• Aris1970 likes this

#142 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:32 PM

Question 1

Question 2

In new app are there clock options?

Question 3

In new app have you applied auto draw system

Question 4

Leaderboards in new app will be the same as it is now? e.g. if someone is inactive for a long time will stay in ranks as it is now?

Question 5

In new app is it possible to see the game history  of each player?

Question 6

In new app is there option for viewable games?

1. No, this is not permitted

2. Define clock-options?

3. Define auto-draw?

4. Leaderboards are the same in all apps, until changed otherwise

5. Not as of now... maybe in the future :) We're playing with this idea!

6. Not as of now, but this sounds like a nice idea!

Posted Image

#143 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:58 PM

1. No, this is not permitted  Nice!

2. Define clock-options?  In current app buffer (personal) time is 5min and free time (to make a move) is 15 sec

I guess that in new app this has not been changed. Are there any options to permit someone to use a  clock with different settings e.g. buffer 12 min , free 4 sec (ISF SETTINGS) ?

3. Define auto-draw? That means  game ends automatically after x moves if there is no progress in the game (capturing any kind of piece)

#144 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,803 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:11 PM

KARAISKAKIS, I like the idea to upgrade these things you mention but I don't think they are currently on the table with Mick and crew, though it would be nice to see if he thinks they might be at some point. What do you think, Mick? Can we expect any of the changes KARAISKAKIS brings up to be opened for discussion for future patches?

_______

KARAISKAKIS, in my experience to this point I believe that nothing has changed with the movement rules. The new app still has HmmNess (not ISF), still allows double and multiple chasing.

There are no clock options; the buffer and movement timers are the same (except buffer timer does not show!)

There is definitely no autodraw implemented.

Leaderboards are in new artwork and have been redone to make four groups, numbered simply *, **, ***, ****. I don't see any tying to color/rank names. Just today, 11-09-15, I have made screens of each board's top names, as well as screens showing the bottom names on each board.

The top names can be seen here:
http://imgur.com/a/EYgDB

The bottom names can be seen here:
http://imgur.com/a/M2BV8

(I note that banned player and waterfall alias, Iron mind, is still listed on the leaderboard #4.)

No game history is available at this point.

And there definitely is no option for anyone to view games now either.
  • Aris1970 likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#145 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:11 PM

1. No, this is not permitted  Nice!

2. Define clock-options?  In current app buffer (personal) time is 5min and free time (to make a move) is 15 sec

I guess that in new app this has not been changed. Are there any options to permit someone to use a  clock with different settings e.g. buffer 12 min , free 4 sec (ISF SETTINGS) ?

3. Define auto-draw? That means  game ends automatically after x moves if there is no progress in the game (capturing any kind of piece)

Regarding the clock-options:
This is hard to do, if everyone wants a different buffer-time...

Regarding the auto-draw:
This is not something that is in the game as of now, as some matches can really rank up the move-counter. I'll discuss it with the team!

KARAISKAKIS, I like the idea to upgrade these things you mention but I don't think they are currently on the table with Mick and crew, though it would be nice to see if he thinks they might be at some point. What do you think, Mick? Can we expect any of the changes KARAISKAKIS brings up to be opened for discussion for future patches?

_______

KARAISKAKIS, in my experience to this point I believe that nothing has changed with the movement rules. The new app still has HmmNess (not ISF), still allows double and multiple chasing.

There are no clock options; the buffer and movement timers are the same (except buffer timer does not show!)

There is definitely no autodraw implemented.

Leaderboards are in new artwork and have been redone to make four groups, numbered simply *, **, ***, ****. I don't see any tying to color/rank names. Just today, 11-09-15, I have made screens of each board's top names, as well as screens showing the bottom names on each board.

The top names can be seen here:
http://imgur.com/a/EYgDB

The bottom names can be seen here:
http://imgur.com/a/M2BV8

(I note that banned player and waterfall alias, Iron mind, is still listed on the leaderboard #4.)

No game history is available at this point.

And there definitely is no option for anyone to view games now either.

New ideas are always welcome as we love your feedback!
We'll discuss new and interesting things with the team :)

So it's a work in progress!

Posted Image

#146 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:13 PM

Question 1

If I understand correctly this applies for the new version now !!!

#147 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:16 PM

If I understand correctly this applies for the new version now !!!

If 1 person claims he sees it, it does not automatically make it true ;)
We'll look into it!

Posted Image

#148 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:48 PM

Question 1

If 1 person claims he sees it, it does not automatically make it true ;)
We'll look into it!

@Mick

I guess that your answer in Q1 can not be taken as correct atm . I hope to have the correct answer soon  :)

#149 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,803 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:17 PM

KARAISKAKIS, I wish you had been online. I had no friends to challenge so I just spent three live loss test games (and 44 ELO points!), trying to prove this point:

In the new app you ABSOLUTELY CAN DOUBLE CHASE YOUR OPPONENT, just like the old app.

If you think about it that's only fair since the person running the old app can double chase a new app person. It wouldn't make sense if the rules were different between the two versions.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#150 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:47 PM

@Mick

I guess that your answer in Q1 can not be taken as correct atm . I hope to have the correct answer soon  :)

I understand English is not your first language, but I urge you to re-read the post directly above your post :)

KARAISKAKIS, I wish you had been online. I had no friends to challenge so I just spent three live loss test games (and 44 ELO points!), trying to prove this point:

In the new app you ABSOLUTELY CAN DOUBLE CHASE YOUR OPPONENT, just like the old app.

If you think about it that's only fair since the person running the old app can double chase a new app person. It wouldn't make sense if the rules were different between the two versions.

Great usage of the CAPS LOCK button there Gary!

As I've said before, double chasing is not permitted. It should not be permitted. If, by any means, it can happen in the new app, this is not as it should be. I've not experienced it, but if you've experienced it more than once, we can investigate this claim.

Posted Image

#151 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,803 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:05 PM

As I've said before, double chasing is not permitted. It should not be permitted. If, by any means, it can happen in the new app, this is not as it should be. I've not experienced it, but if you've experienced it more than once, we can investigate this claim.

Mick,

I assume the entire set of movement rules programming was migrated to the new app, so that everything is the same in that regard as the old app and web versions. Scout programming for the Two Squares ISF rule of 10.2 is done correctly on the new app as the old. And HmmNess is still intact in the new app. Things must be the same in the movement rules department, therefore.

However, I notice there might be some terminology discrepancies when we talk. There was a misunderstanding of what the buffer time versus move time was last week. What would make most people happy would be if double chasing were ruled out. You have said today that it was when it is not. Are we clear enough when we say double chasing?

i77rs4m.jpg

#152 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:56 PM

Gary is correct. I have seen people double chase in the new app.
WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#153 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:07 AM

I am sad to say that I most likely will be leaving stratego.com once the new app is put into effect. I simply cannot stand it.

• texaspete09 likes this

#154 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:49 AM

I understand English is not your first language, but I urge you to re-read the post directly above your post :)

@Mick

I understand that stratego is not your favorite game but I urge you at least to be more polite  and more open to discussion with people who know the game. 

• texaspete09 likes this

#155 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:57 AM

Mick,

I assume the entire set of movement rules programming was migrated to the new app, so that everything is the same in that regard as the old app and web versions. Scout programming for the Two Squares ISF rule of 10.2 is done correctly on the new app as the old. And HmmNess is still intact in the new app. Things must be the same in the movement rules department, therefore.

However, I notice there might be some terminology discrepancies when we talk. There was a misunderstanding of what the buffer time versus move time was last week. What would make most people happy would be if double chasing were ruled out. You have said today that it was when it is not. Are we clear enough when we say double chasing?

2320d1aae57c492b33a201e8cfe2cc70.jpg

That being said, as I said, it should not be allowed.

I am sad to say that I most likely will be leaving stratego.com once the new app is put into effect. I simply cannot stand it.

Sad to hear, but that is your right as a player :)

@Mick

I understand that stratego is not your favorite game but I urge you at least to be more polite  and more open to discussion with people who know the game. 

You misunderstood. Stratego is my favorite game.

Also, I think being here answering your concerns is being open to discussion, don't you think? ;)

Posted Image

#156 ajax123

ajax123

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:44 AM

But i have an ipad

#157 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

2320d1aae57c492b33a201e8cfe2cc70.jpg

That being said, as I said, it should not be allowed.

Sad to hear, but that is your right as a player  :)

I love how you say that with a smile. However, I will stay active on the forum and occasionally play a ranked game or two, but will not be playing quick games, (what I normally play), because you can't create your own setups.

#158 ajax123

ajax123

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:42 PM

Mick kan je mij een korte uitleg geven over dit nieuwe spel.
Ik kan de challenge zone niet vinden.
En ik stond op 482 punten maar die heb ik nu niet meer, omdat ik anders ingelogd ben.
Dit komt omdat ik dacht dat dit een ander spel was.

Hoop van je te horen

Ps. Omdat ik het nieuwe spel moet ontdekken heb ik 7 spellen verloren, maar ik heb niet gespeeld

#159 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:44 PM

English?

#160 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,803 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:05 PM

Mick kan je mij een korte uitleg geven over dit nieuwe spel.
Ik kan de challenge zone niet vinden.
En ik stond op 482 punten maar die heb ik nu niet meer, omdat ik anders ingelogd ben.
Dit komt omdat ik dacht dat dit een ander spel was.

Hoop van je te horen

Ps. Omdat ik het nieuwe spel moet ontdekken heb ik 7 spellen verloren, maar ik heb niet gespeeld

Here's Google Translate:

Mick can you give me a brief explanation about this new game.
I can not find the challenge zone.
And I stood at 482 points, but now I have no more, because I'm different login.
This is because I thought this was a different game.

Hope to hear from you

Ps. Because I have to discover new game I lost seven games, but I have not played

ajax123, I can tell you that there is no challenge room  or chatrooms in the new app currently.  There is no way to chat with friends even.  Friends may only be challenged to a game in the new at this time.  The only chatting available in the new app at the moment is through the BattleChat in a game.  

Gary

• Fairway likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users