constrictor

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:29 PM

Can anyone explain to me why I have to often wait more than 10 minutes for a game when it looks like at least 250-300 people are online playing?

Yesterday I waited a long time and was then paired with a 400 rank player which makes me think the problem is not caused by my rank. If the system was waiting for a higher ranked player to be available I don't know why it would then put with a 400 player. Also, after we finished that game I got him again twice in a row, which he complained repeatedly about until time ran out.

I have no problem playing low ranked players, I just wonder why it often takes so long to get a game.

#2 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:43 PM

i doubt there are really 250 players online, since like you said, you can be paired with the same guy again and again (happened to me too)

#3 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,926 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:07 PM

I don't know exactly how the system works but you are right. When it is written that there are 250 players online it means that "in the last x hours" 250 accounts have connected to stratego.com. I don't know what x is but maybe a nice admin may explain it...

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#4 constrictor

constrictor

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:06 PM

My estimates of the number of people online is based on the number of games in progress. For example, it says 120+ two player games and 15-20 single player games in progress which means about 250 people.

#5 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 September 2015 - 08:45 AM

My estimates of the number of people online is based on the number of games in progress. For example, it says 120+ two player games and 15-20 single player games in progress which means about 250 people.

those numbers are bs

if they were so many players online,

- we do not have to wait so many times to be paired

- we do not have to play the same guy again and again

- waterfall would not have succeed to cheat 

if they say we are 250, i guess we are in fact 30-40

#6 Alister777

Alister777

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:32 AM

why is this happening: every time I wait more than 5 minutes I start arranging my setups and after that in a short period of time I am paired with an opponent...it looks like a system knows that I am active

TMp6Ytg.jpg

#7 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:20 PM

Not all of those players online are available for a battle.

They are online playing, meaning that some will be busy with a game themselves, while others might not even be matched with you.

Then there is also a small matchmaking-issue which we are working on to make this all seem less weird.

• Alister777 likes this
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users