Photo

Vote for new Stratego features!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
194 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote for new Stratego features! (267 member(s) have cast votes)

What cool new feature would you like to see most on Stratego?

1. Sci-Fi Piece Theme (35 votes [13.11%])

Percentage of vote: 13.11%

2. Voted Special Battle Powers (83 votes [31.09%])

Percentage of vote: 31.09%

3. Single Player Campaigns (149 votes [55.81%])

Percentage of vote: 55.81%

Vote

#41 Guest_padré_*

Guest_padré_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

bj , pouvoir de bataille et solo , sa doit etre bien , bonne continuation .

#42 elric428

elric428

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Are you really saying elric that you want to play the old 1961 rules where you can't move a scout multiple squares and attack in same move? 

yes...I think it adds a lot of strategy to the game and makes it more interesting to play

#43 Guest_BugOff_*

Guest_BugOff_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

People with Facebook, just add a reply here, since we are unable to turn this poll on for Guests... 

Sorry about that, we will do this better next time!

Id like scouts to go sideways.

Bugger the special powers, make a stratego power up game for that.

#44 Guest_Tim leblanc_*

Guest_Tim leblanc_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

Go with the pass please  please!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so exited.

#45 michael1211

michael1211

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

Hmmm. This sight is new to me. The game is not. But I shall have to vote for battle powers. it owould be quite interesting to see. And Iit would require new tactics

#46 Guest_wolfbuf_*

Guest_wolfbuf_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

vote

#47 flex7444

flex7444

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

I really like the remain visable option

• SuperDrew2k likes this

#48 Guest_George Lee_*

Guest_George Lee_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

Number 2 will be nice, also need level of difficulty.

#49 Guest_Diponegoro_*

Guest_Diponegoro_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

I want to add few suggestion about this game but my suggestion wont include those three option, why? because i think those three option is kinda suck, sory. Sci fi? thats for child only, Ressurection Power? You cant bring back the dead are you a god or something?, i will give suggestion exclude those three option, what i know about this game is that its a classic board game, not some arcade or action or adventure game, and the publisher of this game is the same publisher that release Tactico also a classic boardgame playable with dice(or lately i found the game name was changed to Risk, which is also playable at Facebook). I played these both board game long time ago, instead of playing chess, scrabble, monopoly or other board game which is more popular at that time. I remember to play this both game at the same time, which is not using dice to occupy teritory on risk map, but using troops from stratego, example, if an attacking troops have more than 1 troops and the opposite have only 1 troops in that teritory, then the defending troops play again against 1 set of troops of stratego if they survive against the first wave of attacking troops set (this is where your stratego skill is tested) with the remaining troops they have. But if the defending troops have teritory card then he can have additional commando troops (a small extra units from the rank of scouts to captain 1 extra piece per rank), or sniper mission which the card holder can take 1 piece of enemy pawn randomly from the board,or artilery storm which is halfed the numbers of the attacking troops set, the handicaps is used before the battle but when the battle take place there wont be handicaps just classic stratego playing with those numbers of troops remaining and the set of cards you hold (there are 3 type of cards: Teritorial card with teritory name, troops card and artilery card on Risk) decide which handicap you will get, or maybe you can add other battle handicaps (this is for the game publisher to develop, but dont over handicap, because it will ruin the classic statego gameplay). Also add some killing animation (just a shoort movie animation so it wont lagging, but with a good quality graphics, and a worth to watch animation), chess already develop this you can see war chess or other chess game. You can also add new piece of pawn and map, maybe Roman or greek edition pawn piece. Thanx i hope my sugestion can be usefull to develop this classical board game even more.

#50 PrinceDiponegoro

PrinceDiponegoro

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

And about the Myst of war (its kinda guerellas handicaps for the defending troops) i think its great, you can have it if you have the teritory card on the teritory you defending. All the defending area is covered by myst and will only revealed if the attacking troops have explore the areas. Anyway this board game still need alots of development to make it better. Probably someday will be played universal like chess.

#51 PrinceDiponegoro

PrinceDiponegoro

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

Also about the purchase option, for now i dont see anything worth to puchase. If you want something to sell to develop the game, then its should be worth the cash. Not too expensive and worth it, if its a map you selling then make a good quality graphic map, if its picture profle make it good (even though i dont see the importance to buy it). And if only a low quality graphics maps or profile pictures i think it wont sell, better you give it free.

#52 PrinceDiponegoro

PrinceDiponegoro

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

One more thing, maybe the game publisher needs to advertise more about this game on facebook, everytime i want to play nobody there at the game lobby

#53 Guest_Massimiliano_*

Guest_Massimiliano_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

1. I just wrote to Stratego staff if it's possible see a game to learn from another players. I think is a good idea! :ph34r:  To became a spy!

#54 Guest_KyrieEleison_*

Guest_KyrieEleison_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

I would like to have the option to play with some of the optional Stratego rules, such as "Attacker Advantage" (when battle of two equally ranked pieces is resolved, whoever attacked wins). 

#55 CommanderK

CommanderK

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

I agree w/ trickz on all points....no sci-fi features unless it is a full rollout of the game and I would like to see both special powers and single campaign .... 11 in a row my new setup is good

#56 Guest_Laen Black_*

Guest_Laen Black_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

special powers. The sci Fi board game version is terrible

#57 Guest_perm_*

Guest_perm_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

Single Player Campaigns, easy choice. Sci-fi is great, but it's just not Stratego, you know? Special powers isn't either. What I've always loved about this game is that it's simple to learn and keep track of everything while also being complex to play. Resist the urge to over-think or over-improve what's worked SO well for SO long.

#58 Nessa

Nessa

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

I like the campaigns idea! So my next question is can we have campaigns with battle powers and scifi theme? :lol:  :lol:  (in that order please)  :)

Nessa

#59 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,746 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

I would like to have the option to play with some of the optional Stratego rules, such as "Attacker Advantage" (when battle of two equally ranked pieces is resolved, whoever attacked wins). 

Hey, this notion of the attacker winning is not realistic battle thinking.  Let's don't reward this one arbitrary side of things.  Check out Pickett's Charge from the Civil War to see if attacks always turn out so good.  In Aikido with which I am somewhat familiar, the techniques can either be "irimi" (attacking) or "tenkan" (yielding), and most movements have both versions.  The use of one technique over the other depends on many things, but it's simplest to say that the choice in their use is situational-related.  Attacking is not always the best option is my point.

• Nessa likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#60 Nessa

Nessa

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Hey, this notion of the attacker winning is not realistic battle thinking.  Let's don't reward this one arbitrary side of things.  Check out Pickett's Charge from the Civil War to see if attacks always turn out so good.  In Aikido with which I am somewhat familiar, the techniques can either be "irimi" (attacking) or "tenkan" (yielding), and most movements have both versions.  The use of one technique over the other depends on many things, but it's simplest to say that the choice in their use is situational-related.  Attacking is not always the best option is my point.

First, I am a fan of leaving the game pure. However, if other rules are optional and when you select a set of them [for simplicity of matching you would have to have optional rules in sets. Allowing every optional rule to be set or not set would make matching up players for a game impossible] However, I like the idea of optional rules and there might be some I like and some I don't. As long as they are optional, what's the problem?

I agree Gary that the attacker advantage is not realistic, but who cares? As long as it is optional I could choose it or not. I like war games but don't have the time right now. The war games that are 100% realistic but unbalanced don't grab me. They are  interesting from a historical view, but not from a gaming view. So the fact that attacker advantage is unrealistic is OK with me, as long as it is optional.

Nessa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users