BLeonard

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

Probably been mentioned already, but would LOVE an option to be able to see the pieces with their original rank on them, such as 1 for the Marshall and 9 for the scouts. My guess is, for older players (like myself) that have played on the older boards, flipping the numbers around is very confusing.

I don't know if it's possible in programming to allow one player to see the "traditional" numbers (1 for Marshall, 9 for scout, etc) while the other player (if they choose) sees the pieces in the "new" way of numbering (where 10 is the Marshall, 2 is the scout, etc) but I really think that this would "bridge the gap" between younger and older players and allow everyone to play the way that they are familiar with.

-Bill
  • Colonel Lingus likes this

#2 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

Maybe once all the bugs are taken care of, they could come up with a 50th Anniversary Collection of pieces or a Classic Collection of piece that will have the numbering system correct. Until then, I would just be patient, since the game is still in beta.
Posted Image

#3 Athena

Athena

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

For what it's worth, I would find this incredible helpful... I catch myself setting up positions thinking of the original rankings and then remembering (sometimes too late) that it's "backwards" here.

#4 elric428

elric428

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

They could also show both numbers on a piece, eg. the old system in the upper right hand corner and the new system in the lower feft hand corner.
  • Midnightguy likes this

#5 SuperDrew2k

SuperDrew2k

Miner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

im new here...and desperately trying to find the american number style / marshal=1...scout=9 option. so as of now, that is not possible, correct? with as nice of a site as this is...i find it hard to believe that option wasnt built in.
Hmm....i wonder where that marshal went

#6 Colonel Lingus

Colonel Lingus

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

I am posting here mostly to add my name to the list in support of adding the traditional ranking system (1 as marshal and 9 as scout). I too find myself accidentally arranging in reverse order and find it slightly straining to play having been so conditioned to the traditional ranks.
I'm wondering what others might think about having the feature unlockable after X amount of career wins. And on that note, other graphical decal rewards based on career wins would nice too.

#7 HectorSosa

HectorSosa

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

+1 on the 50th Anniversary. I'd pay credits to reverse the numbers. By the way, I love that you guys have made this happen (Online Stratego beta).

#8 chels9210

chels9210

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

I would also find this helpful.

#9 Colonel Lingus

Colonel Lingus

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

You guys are awesome! Just wanted to say keep up the good work... and to say that my first battle coin purchase will come the day the true numbering system becomes available.

#10 dboekestein

dboekestein

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

@Colonel Lingus the waiting is almost over! I expect it to be released within a week for the Web/Facebook and if Apple cooperates also this week for iPad!

#11 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

I have noticed the new change to the number system here.  I really could care less what number is what, but before you change over from Marshall to 10 to now 1, it should have been an option.  It was a bit of a distraction to me to see the new numbers but, nonetheless I still easily won my game. 

#12 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

Nevermind, just saw under options that we can change it.  Even though I'm from the US, I'm used to the European style of 10 being Marshall and will go back to that numbering system. 

#13 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,018 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

I have a question.  Does the option allow each player to see the numbers the way he prefers, while his opponent can do the same?  That is what BLeonard wanted at the beginning of this thread, and makes the most sense to me as well.

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#14 Lady Kathryn

Lady Kathryn

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

Nevermind, just saw under options that we can change it.  Even though I'm from the US, I'm used to the European style of 10 being Marshall and will go back to that numbering system. 

Each player chooses the numbering they want. My gripe is having to pay gold to get the traditional piece pictures.

wc 2010x2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users