#41 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,871 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:38 PM

It is not unfair to remove the points earned against DQed player only in tie cases where one player played DQed and the other not, in order to prioritize between these 2 players. It is absolutely fair to judge based on one game less only in tied situation.

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#42 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,074 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

Well we disagree on this, but that's ok :)

#43 Hielco

Hielco

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:43 PM

can you update the standings?

#44 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,871 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:03 PM

Well we disagree on this, but that's ok :)

yes but still .... look at current status in division 1. Hielco, Playa1 and Nortrom all have 4 victories (including victory against Lazzlo) and 1 defeat. imagine now that Playa1 would have lost against Lazzlo and Hielco and Nortrom would not have played against lazzlo who is considered having been disqualified (for my example). According to your system Nortrom would be ranked first because he won against Hielco, Hielco would be 2nd and Playa1 3rd ... do you really maintain this would be fair? ... the advantage goes to who did not play against the Dqed player, this is not fair.

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#45 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,074 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:24 PM

I'm not convinced you understand the system.

In the hypothetical situation you describe above Hielco and Nortrom would both be awarded 1-6 pts for the game against the dq'd player that didn't happen. This would mean that they both tie with playa1, so the result between the tied parties is used. (In this case it would be a 3 way tie, as each player won 1 and lost 1 against each other).

The golden rule is that where an absent result would have decided the final standings, the result between the tied players is used.

You continue to state the 'advantage' in terms of whether someone has played the dq'd player or not - but as stated before - that alone does not indicate anything. The determining factor is result between tied players.

#46 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,389 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:19 AM

Just wondering, is Division 4 considered a three-way tie or a four way tie?  Two players have 33 - 38 points, one has 33 and one has 37.

#47 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,074 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

It is considered a 3-way tie as 37 cannot tie with 33.

Luckypapa wins the tiebreaker as he defeated the other tied parties (Great Manos and scottrussia).

#48 Hielco

Hielco

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:37 PM

I guess i won the division 1.

Nortrom had a draw in his last game and i have won from playa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users