Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:01 PM

nortrom wins because he beat me

first cheat winner of tournaments ( not that that is nortroms fault)

gl in other tournaments

#42 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,199 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

nortrom wins because he beat me

first cheat winner of tournaments ( not that that is nortroms fault)

gl in other tournaments

So now the word 'cheat' enters the picture?

If you didn't like the rules, you didn't have to accept them by participating. (They have been in place for almost a year, you could have raised an objection)

The existence of a situation which appears unfair is a consequence of having players disqualified - there is no ideal situation that covers all scenarios.

I invited you to engage with a scenario whereby nullifying a result can appear equally unfair, and you have chosen to ignore that significance, concentrating only the unfairness you feel in this specific case. You do not recognise any degree of unfairness in the situation where you remove a valid result from a player.

Injustice cannot be eliminated with any proposed method. You could suggest a method, and I could point out a scenario where someone felt aggrieved by the consequences of that method.

So with that in mind what you are really asking for is the rules to be changed because you do not like the outcome, and for someone else to take on your misfortune.

It would be a true shame to lose your participation as a consequence of an inevitable event (disqualified players bring injustice). But retroactively changing the rules doesn't appear more tempting even if it placates one of the site's heroes. The playing community would of course much rather you continued to participate and reserved your frustration for TC - and I sincerely hope that with time and reflection you come to that decision.

#43 Hielco

Hielco

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

i dont like the rules here so i wont play here

guess i only like the rules of the game

Edited by Hielco, 09 April 2017 - 03:52 PM.

#44 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 316 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

I've kept quiet on this topic so far, but there is 1 thing I want to say.  People may agree or disagree with the TC's decision on this issue, that is certainly their right.  The TC made a decision to enforce the rules in place (which were less than ideal and are being changed for future tournaments) rather than to retroactively change the rules after the fact.  Using a sports analogy, the TC are the referees, Hielco is the star player.  Maybe some people think the ref's (TC) made a bad call in this case, that's fine.  But under no circumstances would any referee change their decision after the fact because the star player threatened to stop playing.  If the TC yielded to those threats, what would be the point of having referees in the first place.  I hope Hielco keeps playing and does not quit because he thinks he was at the wrong end of a bad decision.  But if the TC yielded to these threats and changed their decision to accommodate the star player, there would be no point having a TC or any type of officiating in the first place.

• Lonello likes this

#45 Hielco

Hielco

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:32 PM

i know the tournaments dont stop after i stop playing here,and why would it.

maybe some day i can get a ranked game on this site.

#46 Master Mind

Master Mind

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 885 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:58 AM

i know the tournaments dont stop after i stop playing here,and why would it.

maybe some day i can get a ranked game on this site.

Visit more live tournaments if you want to play more games  :)

• Lonello likes this
First Dutch Champion Juniors 2015

#47 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,741 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:58 AM

Visit more live tournaments if you want to play more games  :)

That's a great suggestion, Master Mind  :rolleyes:  B)!

the TC are the referees, Hielco is the star player.  

Now that's a great reaction I like! One can't argue about that so as a 'for the record-statement' I'm loving every word of it. It seems clear to me too though that Hielco is not threatening anything to force his way. He was lodging a warranted protest in his best English (mind you, steelers, that all of TC are English natives but the ones talking in this thread are not, including me!) and venting frustrations. Very understandable. Even TheOptician said to be frustrated about it so it's a full 100% of the community disliking what happened! 

Now TC has made the call and the protest is over. Personally I'm disappointed roeczak's proposal wasn't tried harder. Great out of the box thinking and something everyone could agree on: just play the darn game! By TC's admission it was at least pondered over, then rejected because of the one rule interfering with the other to stop this from ever taking place. Just shows the close call as the pondering could might as well have gone the other way. It's all about interpretation of the rules.

In spirit of roeczak I'll just finish with this great line:

i only like the rules of the game

Lo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users