wooly bully

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:55 PM

I played a guy that had 3 ranks on me and beat him. Got2 measley points out of the game after he almost lottoed me to death. What's up with that?!!!

#2 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,240 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:59 PM

I played a guy that had 3 ranks on me and beat him. Got2 measley points out of the game after he almost lottoed me to death. What's up with that?!!!

Hi. If you have a screenshot of this, email it to customercare@stratego.com, and I believe they are able to give you the points you deserve. However I did see recently that in one case a moderator claimed they could not do this, so I'm not sure. It's worth a try anyhow.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#3 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,063 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:51 AM

The standard thing that seems to always be the case in these instances is that a player has a funky moment in a game just previous to the one where the points given are wrong, but it doesn't show until a one game delay. Did something like this occur in the game just prior to the problem one as far as you can recall?
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#4 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:23 AM

Hi. If you have a screenshot of this, email it to customercare@stratego.com, and I believe they are able to give you the points you deserve. However I did see recently that in one case a moderator claimed they could not do this, so I'm not sure. It's worth a try anyhow.

You see, Fairway, this is exactly the kind of post sevenseas, I, and others (yes, there are many others) object to because you are drawing more attention to yourself than being of any help. You tell this guy in essence, "You might be able to get your points, but you might not be able." Not only does this NOT help, you are poking your nose into something of which you know NOTHING about as illustrated by GaryLShelton's post. His post IS helpful, but more importantly–appropriate as it is his business...not yours!

Why is this my business? You asked when you wanted examples and stated that you are confused.

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#5 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:42 AM

Sometimes there is a bug where the points do not get allocated correctly after a match. It fixes itself the game after.

This is probably what you are experiencing. 

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#6 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:57 AM

Sometimes there is a bug where the points do not get allocated correctly after a match. It fixes itself the game after.

This is probably what you are experiencing. 

Not every time. Also, I have never been able to discern a cause, it seems to be random.

3 - 0

#7 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,240 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

You see, Fairway, this is exactly the kind of post sevenseas, I, and others (yes, there are many others) object to because you are drawing more attention to yourself than being of any help. You tell this guy in essence, "You might be able to get your points, but you might not be able." Not only does this NOT help, you are poking your nose into something of which you know NOTHING about as illustrated by GaryLShelton's post. His post IS helpful, but more importantly–appropriate as it is his business...not yours!

Why is this my business? You asked when you wanted examples and stated that you are confused.

Ok, but then what about 7seas/Astros's posts? If it's only mods business, then why do they have the audacity to post here?

I was active on the forum when this guy asked this question. Therefore 4 minutes after this topic was posted I already had an answer which may solve his problems. Most likely he was still active and saw my answer within several minutes.

Let's play your game and only let mods answer questions. He would need to wait 10 hours for an answer, and Gary's first answer did not even tell him how to possibly get points back. And again, what about the other posts here you  seem to have no problem with?

Again, you make claims without any prior knowledge of facts.You say I know nothing about this, that is hilariously false. Several times over the last 6-9  (4 times, I believe) I remember players (including spyros77, world class player, he can 2nd) posting literally the exact same question, and I told them all to email a screenshot of this to customercare@stratego.com. Spyros personally thanked me.  And nobody else had a problem with me doing this then.

I have even done this myself and received points from this as well.

So then yes, it is all of our businesses, because this is a community forum in which we help others with questions about stratego as best as we can, and play stratego ourselves using the free facilities of the site. You see, there is a reason why members/ touney staff are able to post in question topics, because we are much as obliged as the mods are to try to help someone with their question.

We seem to see a pattern here in which you are not informed, from Ufuk's original topic, to this post's info, to The Maestro's background.

Please do not attack me anymore. I believe I have provided substantial information.

• Gwynplaine likes this
I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#8 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:05 PM

I believe I have provided substantial information.

I do not believe so, but it is quite okay–I like your nerve.  ;)

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#9 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 721 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:59 AM

Anyone is welcome to offer advice or opinions.

With this matter i think it is better that players just accept these annoying losses and move on . If your score gets pushed down by these losses then you just play matches against players not as good as you and rise up again quite easily.

The main problem is players only want to have the lost points restored to them and are not so keen to correct things when it goes the other way.

I have seen about 200 threads with players saying 'give me back the points because i was kicked out' 

I have seen maybe 3 or 4 saying 'my opponent was glitched so give him back the points i took off him'

If someone is getting points back from CC loads of times when they are glitched while always happily taking the points they get from kicked out opponents then it is a form of cheating really .It happened before and we decided in future if it was discovered , the player would be reset to ELO 100 .

I have kept track of all my ranked matches since March 2015 and in that time i have lost 267 points to various glitches .

If i had them all restored now i'd be on ELO 984. Does that mean 984 is my 'real' ELO ?  No , of course it isn't , and if i was put up to that score and carried on playing then i'd quickly be back to down as i am not good enough to win more than 20% against players 800-1000 , but i'd be losing 12/13 points a game to them.

What i could do though is just not play on this account further and sit in the leaderboards on 984 , pretending to be one of the Top 30 or so players.

So this can really distort things.

Also it is a consideration that players who may only speak , say , Greek  , will be less able to get points back by complaining than those that can write English or Dutch.

• TheOptician and Gwynplaine like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users