Mr Fixir

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:52 AM

why for a first time player am i playing against people who have played over a 1000 games. ( more than 8x in a row) i hate you this game

#2 Mr Fixir

Mr Fixir

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:16 AM

set up better match ups...i can think of a 1000 more ways to get ore people and make money off this game...how did you ruin a classic game? new fields? so dumb. this is not simple chess this is fun strategic epitaph of fun. why i hate you so much for ruining my childhood.  

• tobermoryx likes this

#3 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:16 PM

NOTE: This entire topic moved here from single player. GLS

I agree that some of the game boards are not anything I would ever choose, but they don't bother me. I just play with the basic, standard board and it's okay for me. I find it to be pretty much the same board that I was used to growing up on the Milton-Bradley American version. The piece styles are more important to me. I was used to those old MB pieces way back when in the 70's I was playing with them, but I like the modern pieces we have today.

Matchups will be generally with people near one's own rank, but of course when one is low ranked there are many more people to play that are higher. In general the longer one waits for a matchup, the farther apart the pairing will likely be from his own rank. If someone is online and is close, the computer will match you quickly.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#4 tamor

tamor

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:56 PM

i hate when i click on a piece and it immediatly moves down. Because of these misclicks i have lost 2 games already. There might be a question before every turn that" Do you want to move there?" In chess it works perfectly and its avoiding all misclicks.

#5 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:36 PM

In chess there are far less moves per game than in Stratego so confirming them all in Stratego would be painfull. On a 450 moves game it would mean 450 extra clicks.

However I know what you mean, it used to cost me games as well in the past. What some of the players suggested in the past  is an option in your profile that the piece loses focus after each move and has to be actively selected again and then send to the target field.

It feels more intuitive than confirming each move but is the same number of clicks if used. By using a profile option only the players that want this extra security have it.

• Mr. Smith likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users