tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:09 PM

Yes ,Edge1 is going to be banned , though need screenshot of surrender to restore points

#782 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,803 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:50 PM

I would like to report "DC Lord" for abusive comments.

A case will be opened.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#783 General Rascal

General Rascal

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:35 PM

I would like to report "DC Lord" for abusive comments. When I refused to attack, the insults started. I only managed to save one screenshot. He made a few other comments, but I didn't get a chance to save them. He ran his marshal into a bomb and immediately disconnected.

https://imgur.com/EvwlVTN

FWIW: I just played DC Lord and he disconnected right after losing his marsh to my spy.

#784 Sgt. Blkdog

Sgt. Blkdog

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:02 AM

This is rules from WCO :

7.4. Unsporting behaviour, includes but is not limited to:
- Stalling ( 'includes refusal of obvious tie(s )' )
- ( Repeatedly ) threatening piece(s) that can not be captured, this also includes threatening pieces in order to buy time ( passing the turn to the opponent to reset the movetimer by meaningless moves )
- Name calling / insulting;
- Accusations without evidence;
- Leaving a game without surrendering;
- Faking a disconnect;
- Encouraging an opponent to surrender in a disrespectful manner, this also includes an "offensive gg" ( example: Participant A kills participant B's marshall, participant A calls gg ( like.. just surrender, the game is over ).

===> If this behaviour is not correct for the WCO, it is not correct in general during a game.

I may be guilty of an offensive gg.

I'm sure at times, that once I was assured victory, (unless I did something incredibly stupid) I have sent a gg.

No disrespect was intended, and I apologize if I have ever offended anyone in this manner.

Wuf!

#785 Yangus

Yangus

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 28 October 2017 - 05:47 AM

Edited by Yangus, 23 November 2017 - 02:46 AM.

• Don_Homer likes this

#786 tokalafox

tokalafox

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:58 AM

Reporting TROST for abusive language

Attached Files

#787 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:38 PM

I would like to report "DC Lord" for abusive comments. When I refused to attack, the insults started. I only managed to save one screenshot. He made a few other comments, but I didn't get a chance to save them. He ran his marshal into a bomb and immediately disconnected.

https://imgur.com/EvwlVTN

For the case reported by MisterTimRules, MT has decided to take no action against DC Lord.

#788 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

Hi there,

I was playing against Edge1 on 10/18/17 and this player was a very rude, name-calling opponent. This is the first time I've ever taken the time to report someone of a violation, but I was tired of being name called. Please take whatever action is necessary to address his behavior. I've attached several screenshots. Thanks!

attachicon.gifabuse2.jpg

attachicon.gifabuse-edge1.jpg

attachicon.gifabuse4.jpg

Player Edge1 has been found guilty of 2nd degree abusive behaviour and will receive a penalty of one week ban.

#789 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:11 PM

Hello.

I just played mastermind22.

Was a very interesting good game, he won a very good endgame.

I like when we respect the opponent, but unfortunately he sent me some messages of disrespect. 

That's very pity, the game was great.

He sent me "surrender that's the end" then joking "ha ha ha"

when i had chance to win the game with my 2 unknow miners.

I dislike this behaviour. 

X9ndNPf.png

For this case MT has decided to take no action against Mastermind22.

#790 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:45 PM

Please! You need to remove this jerk from circulation. This name is evil and does not represent anything good. Please get rid of it!!!

wMNfQWs.jpg

Thanks.

Edited by KissMyCookie, 29 October 2017 - 10:46 PM.

#791 MisterTimRules

MisterTimRules

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:43 AM

For the case reported by MisterTimRules, MT has decided to take no action against DC Lord

You're just encouraging jerks like this guy to keep being a jerk. I won't bother reporting them any more. No point.

#792 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

Well, we convict a lot too, sometimes by small majorities like 3-2, so you can always try a case.

Please! You need to remove this jerk from circulation. This name is evil and does not represent anything good. Please get rid of it!!!

wMNfQWs.jpg

Thanks.

Çase opened!

Lo

#793 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

What if that is his/her actual name?
  • rgillis783 likes this

#794 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:04 PM

Then the case is still opened :huh: :o :rolleyes:

• rgillis783 likes this
Lo

#795 mazuzam

mazuzam

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:15 PM

Do you get annoyed when your opponent stopped moving and disconnects in a lost situation just to waste your time? I do a lot.

Maybe this has been covered before, but I have a solution for it.

At the end of the game points are calculated based on the players ratings.

I propose to add to the rating of the player who left the game or let the buffer to run out additional points as if he/she was a better player.

i.e 

300 against 300 one opponent let the buffer to run less then 1min.

Score calculation would be say (300+100) vs 300 equivalent.

If the opponent left the game instead of surrendering I would double his/her points: (2x300) vs 300 equivalent.

This method will not give any benefit to the cowards.

Sporadic accidental disconnections are no harm to anyone but offenders will think twice before they intentionally  delay the evident loss.

Best

Edited by mazuzam, 31 October 2017 - 07:20 PM.

#796 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

I see player 12 is still active. I noted another player just commented about them. I myself have had to deal with this fool/tool, is he/she banned, under review or getting warnings?

#797 Tilor

Tilor

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:07 PM

Yes ,Edge1 is going to be banned , though need screenshot of surrender to restore points

Well, I had the privilege of playing Edge1 today. He lottoed with his marsh early and took a col and major before I got him with my spy. His strange bomb formation threw me off and I ended up losing a couple more mid-level pieces. In the end I had my marsh with a few miners and a couple sarges. He had a major, 2 captains, a lieut, some miners, and 3 scouts. I asked for a draw after several minutes of no progress at all. He refused. Then, I played for about 15 minutes before asking again. We did exchange miners during that time, so I didn't put this in the draw refusal thread. I also threw in some of the chat for good measure, along with my defeat screen. 

https://i.imgur.com/qsOnc4U.png

https://i.imgur.com/N5fOteS.png

https://i.imgur.com/2dGH4Az.png

Top Rating reached 6/8/18 - 716 Platinum Spy 

Current Rating as of 12/3/19 - 677 Gold General

#798 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,803 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:39 AM

Maybe this has been covered before, but I have a solution for it.

At the end of the game points are calculated based on the players ratings.
I propose to add to the rating of the player who left the game or let the buffer to run out additional points as if he/she was a better player.

i.e

300 against 300 one opponent let the buffer to run less then 1min.
Score calculation would be say (300+100) vs 300 equivalent.
If the opponent left the game instead of surrendering I would double his/her points: (2x300) vs 300 equivalent.

Not sure what your plan is. You say you want to give more points to the guys who disconnect or run their buffer down?

Just so you know, normally a 300 vs. 300 player situation is going to award one player 12 or 13 points for the win.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#799 mazuzam

mazuzam

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:34 PM

Not sure what your plan is. You say you want to give more points to the guys who disconnect or run their buffer down?

Just so you know, normally a 300 vs. 300 player situation is going to award one player 12 or 13 points for the win.

The idea is to calculate points for win and loss as if the person disconnecting had more points than actually has. This is to "punish" disconnections or to make is disadvantageous to dose that abuse it. They will lose more points comparing to losing or surrendering the game .

Edited by mazuzam, 06 November 2017 - 07:34 PM.

#800 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:54 PM

mazuzam,

Have you ever been disconnected against your will? I have, several times - and it would be a double blow if I were then to receive an additional punishment in the form of extra lost points.

As you can't differentiate between a bad loser and someone with internet issues, this proposal can't work.

However, if someone were to submit a screenshot of an opponents disconnection - which also displayed the message 'your opponents marshall loses to your bomb' - for example, then I think that should suffice as evidence of deliberate disconnection (with at least 99% certainty). Then MT could deduct an appropriate number of points (which in my opinion for something relatively harmless like this - at a rate of 100pts per wasted hour - is about 4 pts).

I doubt MT would fancy adding 'punishing diaconnectors' to their list of duties though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users