New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:55 PM

I have  some question about the game.

Sometimes the player keep moving his piece back forward in a small square like more than 20 moves also the other player, then when i request a draw he rejects... should not be a rule that prevent that ? 

Like in Chess if if 50 moves are played witout any capture or pawn movement you can request a tie.

I really would like to see that kind of rule implemented

Master yourself, master the enemy 

#2 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,906 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:50 PM

Hi Gillesderais. There is such a rule, see http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2014/

Napoleon 1er

• Gillesderais likes this

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#3 Gillesderais

Gillesderais

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:24 AM

I see, but is kind of dificult to aply. 

ty anyway

Master yourself, master the enemy 

#4 aginis

aginis

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 21 May 2016 - 05:14 PM

I had a player chase me around in circles for half an hour when it was my 3 vs his 3,6,6, both flags surrounded by bombs. The fact that this is unsporting didn't help me. Automatically granting a tie request after 50 moves each without any pieces captured would totally solve this problem.

If you are implementing it then you can add a counter of how many moves since the last capture 

Thanks

#5 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 21 May 2016 - 05:50 PM

Just another example of a new player finding the game, playing, seeing how effed up things are, asking for a reasonable change, and then hopefully when he finds out that nothing will be done, he will stay.  But usually the end of that sequence is a player leaving the game.  If only mick would fix the basic stuff that makes the game work.  But no, he invests his time into possibly the biggest joke of a single player ever.

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

#6 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,137 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:29 PM

The discussion of auto draw has alternated from active discussion to oblivion. Somewhat recently it's found root again with thoughtful people.

It used to be that 200 moves (100 per player) was the consensus but nothing was ever tried with that back in the beta days. Now, the 100 moves (50 per player) number makes a lot more sense to me for just the sheer time factor. 100 moves times 15 seconds is 1500 seconds that someone could still waste and that's 25 minutes. Right now we would punish a draw refuser after ten minutes, so 100 moves for an auto draw per person doesn't make much sense with a bad time waster.

But then, 50 is about 12 minutes at the worst and is still poorer than our current ten minute rule, except that no screenshots and reporting are involved in a 50 move auto draw and that's worth a lot to everyone, no doubt.

The worst thing with auto draw is the number of repetitions that the rule would allow. If you say the 50 move counter gets reset every attack, then a bad time waster might easily kill one lowly piece every 49 moves and cause more frustration than before.

So, somehow, there would have to be added rules to make the auto draw more sophisticated than just the simple 50 move line. Some of the ideas have been discussed this year by TheOptician and The Prof and others but I can't locate that discussion at the moment.

EDIT: I found the discussion I was thinking about here:
http://forum.strateg...ime/#entry55044
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users