PuzzledTea

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:22 PM

I think it would be a bit harder to grow a community if there were a subscription fee on the front of it. Even if t were better quality I can not imagine there would be that much growth. I can see it from both sides though, both ways would have their advantages.

But I agree with above that at the moment the best way is that they are both free.

• Lonello likes this

#122 IsmailUfukBuyukozkaya

IsmailUfukBuyukozkaya

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:15 AM

I agree some part of ideas of ''my'' Queen, and also i dont for some parts.

Don't agree :

1) There is many good players here and they are too young (students, very young but also smart kids etc.)

If you add Money criteria to this site, we'll lost them all.

2) Also We'll loose some good players adults too WHO do not want to pay. Because there is another free web sites. IMHO this is very risky. If stratego.com is only web site for playing stratego, that will be ok. (But not obligatory, with/without ADS, or maybe some extra visual attributes etc.)

Agree :

1) Money criteria will bring social quaility without doubt. (nevertheless i m not sure of this..) but it will bring more game quality definitely. :)

2) I met queen in single game few days ago. But i know she is really very special. If she want to do somethings for this game, i believe her she can do it. (Trust me, i m good analyzer about peoples, i m sales manager..) :D

I hope everythings goes well for all of us.

Love you all people. :)

• Lonello, Fairway and texaspete09 like this

http://www.cimbom.gs The ultimate social network 

www.twitter.com/UfukBuyukozkaya

#123 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:48 AM

I agree some part of ideas of ''my'' Queen, and also i dont for some parts.

Don't agree :

1) There is many good players here and they are too young (students, very young but also smart kids etc.)

If you add Money criteria to this site, we'll lost them all.

2) Also We'll loose some good players adults too WHO do not want to pay. Because there is another free web sites. IMHO this is very risky. If stratego.com is only web site for playing stratego, that will be ok. (But not obligatory, with/without ADS, or maybe some extra visual attributes etc.)

Agree :

1) Money criteria will bring social quaility without doubt. (nevertheless i m not sure of this..) but it will bring more game quality definitely. :)

2) I met queen in single game few days ago. But i know she is really very special. If she want to do somethings for this game, i believe her she can do it. (Trust me, i m good analyzer about peoples, i m sales manager..) :D

I hope everythings goes well for all of us.

Love you all people. :)

I agree with every single thing you say, Ufuk. We have very close views in this matter.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#124 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:09 AM

cflag let me tell u this - there are not so many unique accts here. The millions of players here are all duplicate accts. out of the top 200 names on the platinum league(formerly silver league), more than half are bogus. 3/4 of it are stagnated bogus accts pumped up right at the start of stratego beta launch and just clog up the rankings ever since.

anyone wants to play for real here?

• QueenBee1234 likes this

#125 QueenBee1234

QueenBee1234

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:21 AM

Thanks you all for the support. I mean all of you whether you agree or disagree with me as I am here to make friends. I have an acquaintance who steals everything online. He has no ethics and I despise people who think IP (intellectual property) should always be free. The reality is the worldwide majority (not just China) now seem to openly support piracy, but you can have an iPhone or free prepaid. Which one would you rather have? I know the answer. A free iPhone.

I have never heard of Gravon. Perhaps I am better off abandoning ship rather than trying to right it, but I expect is will be more the same. So I ask you players who support the forum must everything be free? Even ads have a cost. They are intrusive and you have no choice. They steal my time. I am talking about lunch money not a mortgage payment. Again no intention of offense, but really? 10.00 is too much? How about 5.00 or even a 1.00 per account.

Some of you see the wisdom of my idea. Some just want it free. Free is good for Jumbo, but not for you. I would buy the rights, but even if I put out feelers I would bet you it's not for sale. It is nearly impossible to get through the corporate layers to find someone who can actually sell it. Then I have to pay the attorneys so it is in my best interest if they just fix the problem.

They have eyeballs and advertisers will pay. You unwittingly will pay for slower access and no upgrades. Coders don't work for ad dollars. I know I am in the business. I could give you everything you want, but I can't give you a Tesla for the price of a Toyota.

• IsmailUfukBuyukozkaya likes this
Queenbee

#126 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:42 AM

That is so true
Give everyone the option to sign up for free. But if u want to get on the rankings with elo, u must get a paid registration. Lets see all the duplicate accts get blown to pieces.
  • QueenBee1234 likes this

#127 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:16 AM

I think it would be a bit harder to grow a community if there were a subscription fee on the front of it. Even if t were better quality I can not imagine there would be that much growth. I can see it from both sides though, both ways would have their advantages.

But I agree with above that at the moment the best way is that they are both free.

Well written :)! I think we should have no fee in front but Pay for Play for all kinds of nifty options.

PS
Queenbee: I don't have an Iphone but a Wolfgang, ever heard of that one :D :lol: :rolleyes: ?

Lo

#128 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:57 AM

I don't think the suggestion is to make stratego.com subscription based, but to rather have a "professional" league which people can pay for, and will be clean of multiple accounts, chasers,draw refusals etc. In addition perhaps the professional league subscription can also include a few additional features such as:-

1. A replay feature so that people, if both players agree, can watch back the game.  A lot of people have videos posted up on youtube and while this is very nice, an official supported playback feature would be a good addition too.

2. A feature so that players can play out situations, endgame scenarios and quizzes from a specific position. Sort of like how you can do this on various chess websites. This would help many of the intermediate players to fine-tune their endgame skills. 

If you want an example of what I mean by a "professional league subscription", try visiting Chess.com and see how they have subscription levels. You can still play for free there but if you're seriously interested in the game you can pay for a clean ranking and have added bonuses. That is what I'm talking about and that's what I'd pay for. :)

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#129 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:28 AM

I don't think the suggestion is to make stratego.com subscription based, but to rather have a "professional" league which people can pay for, and will be clean of multiple accounts, chasers,draw refusals etc. In addition perhaps the professional league subscription can also include a few additional features such as:-

1. A replay feature so that people, if both players agree, can watch back the game.  A lot of people have videos posted up on youtube and while this is very nice, an official supported playback feature would be a good addition too.

2. A feature so that players can play out situations, endgame scenarios and quizzes from a specific position. Sort of like how you can do this on various chess websites. This would help many of the intermediate players to fine-tune their endgame skills. 

If you want an example of what I mean by a "professional league subscription", try visiting Chess.com and see how they have subscription levels. You can still play for free there but if you're seriously interested in the game you can pay for a clean ranking and have added bonuses. That is what I'm talking about and that's what I'd pay for. :)

That would be a perfect solution . Actually this is not new idea. Midnightguy 2 years ago has proposed this two dimensional site.

I really doubt if this would be accepted from Youda. The reason is that the annual fee of 10 -20 euros per year, per player wouldn't cover the expenses of this , unless the subscriptions were not hundred /s but  thousand / s , which is unrealistic atm for stratego. Chess is different . Serious players in online chess who would afford an annual fee , are much more than in stratego.

As I have said in past , what we must do is to organise ourselves in this free site as better as we can . Only with this way we will have what we want. Reliable tournaments , leaderboards , forum etc  .  History of stratego.com has proved that solutions always come from people who care and these are only the true strategolovers.

More about this here http://forum.strateg...ge-2#entry22542

Also visit this topic http://forum.strateg...ome/#entry24836

Greece and recently USA work towards this direction . WCO competition is a huge step also . 

So my suggestion is:  leave the money issues and join these efforts !

#130 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:16 PM

The professional league subscription doesn't need a high turnover at the moment as the current business model (which is targeted at children) is still profitable for Jumbo. The subscription idea is not intended to replace the current one. The idea is to have it in addition to the current model, which will keep all players satisfied and will eventually in the long term increase profits

Edited by sevenseas, 29 November 2015 - 12:17 PM.

#131 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:20 PM

This is what MickM doesn't realise: he doesn't need to alienate one group of the stratego community. All players can be satisfied, not just the casual players and not just the serious players. 

#132 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:26 PM

That is so true
Give everyone the option to sign up for free. But if u want to get on the rankings with elo, u must get a paid registration. Lets see all the duplicate accts get blown to pieces.

Now we should pay for this. All those duplicate accounts stacking the bronze rankings to see who can get to 299 first. So annoying. I'd say there's probably only 50 different people in those rankings. The rest are duplicate.

#133 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:27 PM

Good idea. This would solve any confusion in results of tourney games, too.

• Lonello likes this

#134 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:04 PM

NOBODY will pay a single euro for this new app . This is what you can not understand. Me and some others asked Mick to keep the old version as it is now for the serious players who will pay for this and he refused that as an expensive solution. 

• sevenseas likes this

#135 QueenBee1234

QueenBee1234

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:18 PM

Hi there!

I did read your posts.

We did think about a subscription-plan a while ago. We ended up with this payment-plan.

Though, with the app being updated every day, who knows what might happen.

I'll talk with the team about this request of you  :)

Thanks for the feedback!

What payment plan Mick? Paying for artwork? Can't you at least see that most of these so called accounts you boast of are inactive and abandoned? That new accounts are simply kids that reached the ceiling of their skill level and created a new account? Moving everyone up a level in rank instead of cleaning house fixed nothing, but it was easy and cost very little in coding.

Once again a good idea that falls into the black hole of Stratego.com admin. There are maybe 500 players at best. Can you tell me how many "active" accounts there are as opposed to new accounts? Do you know how much your acquisition costs are for each new customer. How many actually buy something from the store of useless junk?

I would pay to play, but as Karaiskakis said and I second it, I will not buy your so called upgrade as you don't address our issues. You offer us useless wallpaper. Absolutely no one wants a multiplayer game. Where is the marketing research? That anyone can create multiple accounts. You have proven that this forum is only for admin to use as an advertising platform. There is no capitulation at all. Just excuses.

Queenbee

#136 QueenBee1234

QueenBee1234

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:21 PM

I sent you a friend request on the site, is it not showing it?  :mellow:

seavenseas it is not showing. Try again please.

Queenbee

#137 QueenBee1234

QueenBee1234

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:31 PM

sevenseas there are lots of recording programs for cheap available online. I use Screen-O-Matic to record my games. Costs 15 bucks. They allow me to post a game on youtube if I want to, but I don't.

My problem is not learning. It is that after 15 minutes I get to thinking "why am I wasting all this time?" At 30 minutes I am screaming at the machine and just resign. It is my failing no others. I have no ego wrapped up in the ratings, but I don't like all the new accounts.

I have other things to do. Stratego fits into my schedule for 30 minutes max. Others can play for hours. If you see my attack coming and defend well I am an easy mark. However, the game will be over in less than 30 minutes.

• Lonello likes this
Queenbee

#138 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:09 PM

My problem is not learning. It is that after 15 minutes I get to thinking "why am I wasting all this time?" At 30 minutes I am screaming at the machine and just resign. It is my failing no others. I have no ego wrapped up in the ratings, but I don't like all the new accounts.

I have other things to do. Stratego fits into my schedule for 30 minutes max. Others can play for hours. If you see my attack coming and defend well I am an easy mark. However, the game will be over in less than 30 minutes.

I try to make all my games less than 30 minutes, but some have exceeded 2 hours before. (The idiot wouldn't accept the tie. I used all my requests.) I was just sitting there for over an hour moving the same three spots with my marsh to block the one path that my flag was open. He couldn't get there, and I tried to draw. He refused all 3 and I just surrendered. But I think all but 15 games have been under 45 minutes..... and all but 25 or so under 30. I try to keep them short.

#139 QueenBee1234

QueenBee1234

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:10 AM

OMG two hours. With my 30 minute window I don't get sucked into games like that, but I understand why others do. One time I played a guy for an hour because it had become personal. I too asked for a draw three times. When I finally won there was no satisfaction just lost time and aggravation. Best to set your own individual limits and don't worry about the rankings. In the last week I have gone from Lieutenant to Silver Spy back to Sergeant back to Captain. It's not worth anything. The offer no incentives to play more or score higher. In other words what is the payoff? When you get to be my age, even typing this seems like a waste of my precious time. I am running into about 50% new accounts now. That is 50 games or less. I played this game when I was a kid, but I knew nothing of the strategy. Maybe I am just dumb, but there was a learning curve. I think I would be happy for them to just do away with the amount of games played and ranking.  Like someone was commenting about Chess.com. You can play for free or pay to play. Take away the rankings, winning percentages etc and you will quickly see the multiple accounts disappear. It is all ego gratification. After all you get what you pay for. That is why admin doesn't make any changes. There is no incentives for them to do so.

Admin you do such a poor job of marketing this game it is no wonder you cling to what you have. You are afraid of change and I have seen thousands of companies die that way. You are too young to remember the dotcom boom and bust. One day you will log in and this place will be hemorrhaging players because you didn't listen. If I find that there is no IP protection for this game I will create my own. It's not rocket science. I could create virtual arenas where people can watch masters go at it in tournaments. Searches to find friends, one giant chat room. Cash bonuses for achievement etc.

Right now I could have a 10,000 battle coins and I couldn't do anything with them. It's been the same battlefields, avatars and coat of arms since I joined. I mean really how many does one really need? The answer is none.

How many set ups do I really need? None.

You are already dead and you don't even know it. I have to assume those who post as admins are in reality interns working for free.

I am saying for all this for the players. I feel your pain. You have accepted mediocrity for too long. The problem is time. Do I continue to waste my time here or move on to something better.

Queenbee

#140 IsmailUfukBuyukozkaya

IsmailUfukBuyukozkaya

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:11 AM

Queen has rgiht:

'Battle coins are useless indeed'.

Because there is really nothing to buy for me. I want to buy somethings but i cant see anything to pay for.

If i choose my own real Picture for example, i would like to buy it.

If i enter some special tournament with the players from all over the world , i would like to pay for entry.

I can tell another examples like them.

However, not so bad but it could be better definitely.

http://www.cimbom.gs The ultimate social network 

www.twitter.com/UfukBuyukozkaya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users