Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:47 PM

I prefer the old pieces too, but I do not get why people hate the new ones so much.

3 - 0

#102 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:11 PM

It is like making professional chess players play with Dora chess pieces, and then say the look is a personal opinion...

Exactly:

Who cares about what the little 5-year-olds think? If they had a say in the vote, all the pieces would be Barney themed. Seriously. So you're listening to little kids rather than us serious players and masters? That's pretty sad.  :)

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#103 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:11 PM

I prefer the old pieces too, but I do not get why people hate the new ones so much.

They are childish and babyish.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#104 Rubyf

Rubyf

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:45 PM

I find it quite annoying click, I click pretty often wrong ... Find it not exactly clear if you ask me!

Sorry for my poor English, you know.

#105 QueenBee1234

QueenBee1234

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:54 PM

Look guys I don't want to offend anyone, but every idea to improve this game you may as well type into an email address it to blackhole@stratego.com. I have been playing for a year. Not all that long. Today I had the pleasure of playing with max a true gentleman. I have read hundreds of your backposts on this forum and not one idea was taken. I know that admin would love to help us out, but there is no money.

The whole idea is to generate income for the company. They don't seem to understand that artwork is not something we care for. We could pay for all the upgrades like move counters and autodraw etc, but they won't make it, because most are happy just the way it is. To create upgrades for purchase instead of coat of arms and colors everyone would be happy. Why do you give free access? Admin if you would create all these options serious player will pay. Don't tell us of all the great things you are giving us as that is not what we want. $10.00 for every new account would stop those players (rank cheaters) from creating new accounts over and over. If you don't sell us upgrades then what is the point? How does Apple make money? Selling apps.

I don't want free, I want better. All I see from Admin over and over is "great idea, but we can't do that right now."

Admin if you really want to make money then you could create add ons and make this into a money machine. It is time for serious players to get out our credit cards and pay for upgrades. The rest is just wallpaper and who cares?

• maxroelofs, sevenseas and IsmailUfukBuyukozkaya like this
Queenbee

#106 QueenBee1234

QueenBee1234

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:55 AM

Admin I have gotten all positive responses and if you would just create the apps we are looking for instead of making wallpaper upgrades, then serious people will buy it. No one who cares about the game thinks oh wow now I can play it one my phone. So a mobile game will probably just be a lot of coding and net you virtually nothing in return. You are not going to get us all amped up about "new and improved" if it is just the same old same old.

I am laying out a marketing strategy and all you have to do is create a gateway. Offer us the apps we want and "if you build it they will come." I cannot speak for others, but if you simply allow enthusiasts to pay 10.00 to keep their rank I would pay. I, of course want 10% of the action LOL. You can simply grandfather in all existing accounts and charge 10.00 for each new account and it would be a great revenue generator as opposed to coat of arms and battlefield nonsense. That is all irrelevant wallpaper to real players. Isn't the whole point to generate revenue? You'd make a lot of people (who are already here) very happy not to play those who are constantly creating new accounts. If they keep doing it then Jumbo profits.

Sorry Max, but I couldn't remember your whole screen name. Maxroelofs was not only a nice guy, but an ambassador to the world IMO for his etiquette and sportsmanship. It was great fun and isn't that what Stratego is all about? I'd also like to thank UfyByuk for turning me onto this forum.

• maxroelofs and Fairway like this
Queenbee

#107 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:54 AM

I cannot speak for others, but if you simply allow enthusiasts to pay 10.00 to keep their rank I would pay.

That idea will not result in a 98% majority too, Queenbee ;). One thing Admin did correctly see is that internet is free and many people do uphold that principle so they will not pay. I've been playing on free chess sites as well for instance. I'd leave the paid sites. The same goes for Stratego; many will jump to Gravon if you'd simply start to ask money. Ofcourse you can build an engine where you'd pay for extra's. Like the old pieces theme, no adds, and so on.

• Fairway likes this
Lo

#108 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:38 PM

having to pay just to get back ''old pieces theme'' is the most ridiculous idea, and absolute rubbish, as it is in bad faith.

how to u feel if say, u are using windows 7 and all of a sudden Microsoft pushes an automatic update to your comp to make it windows10, saying that according to wonderful feedback from millions of other users - windows10 is the way to move forward. oh ok, u can get back to windows7....just pay 100 bucks.... 1 yr later, u get upgraded to windows11 again, and the cycle repeats? U like this type of company, Lo?

so many people offer genuine suggestions to improve gameplay and experts from other site also came here to chip in, and this guy simply take all for granted and treat all your suggestions as rubbish. just starting anew and giving the setup a full cosmetic change, then saying voila! New Stratego launched!

Full of nonsense.

• Lonello, sevenseas and texaspete09 like this

#109 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:40 PM

the only way to curb multiple accts setup and cheating/scouting setups is to make people pay. Subscription-based. The ranking will be clean. If u do not want to pay, totally fine, continue playing on the ranking that is available now, with no restrictions. There should be a separate subscriber-based ranking, and this list will be real accts.

• sevenseas and QueenBee1234 like this

#110 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:41 PM

U like this type of company, Lo?

No, I like your post, Jade :).

I guess I do need to compromize with those forcing everybody to pay for play ;).

• QueenBee1234 likes this
Lo

#111 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:53 PM

That idea will not result in a 98% majority too, Queenbee ;). One thing Admin did correctly see is that internet is free and many people do uphold that principle so they will not pay. I've been playing on free chess sites as well for instance. I'd leave the paid sites. The same goes for Stratego; many will jump to Gravon if you'd simply start to ask money. Ofcourse you can build an engine where you'd pay for extra's. Like the old pieces theme, no adds, and so on.

I would pay for good quality stratego. I think many people would. 

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#112 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:57 PM

Yes but not 98% ;).

Lo

#113 QueenBee1234

QueenBee1234

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:59 PM

Has anyone really cared about something they get for free? It's not valued like something you pay for.  I like the idea of multiplayer, but I won't play on a mobile. 10.00 per new account and Stratego (Jumbo) will see revenue like they have never seen before.

players, friends and respected enemies!

As you might have noticed we have been busy the last year with improving the Stratego© experience.

First we created a new Single Player version of Stratego© to replace the old one, as it did not meet mobile expectations anymore.

Now we are almost ready to update Stratego© Multiplayer. We used the feedback of Stratego© players and the data of Stratego© Single Player as a guide. Our mission is to create the best multiplayer experience for all platforms.

Currently we are still in development and we are reaching a point where we expect a playable version on Google Play very soon. And this will be only the start, if people appreciate the new version and continue playing we have tons of ideas to continue development of the game.

So what are the biggest changes and why:

• The Art Style
    This new look attracts a much broader audience. From kids to adults, beginners and hardcore Stratego© players, both male and female.

• The Payment Model
    The new multiplayer will be free for everybody!

To achieve this, we show ads before a battle.
    Additionally there will be Battle coins in the game that you can spend on avatars, save slots and ad removal. In the future we want to add more content, like battlegrounds.

• The Flow of the Game
    It will be a lot easier and faster to start playing a multiplayer battle. Finding and inviting opponents and friends, the ranking system, the whole menu flow. We have improved it all to make the game more accessible.

• The Platforms
    First the game will go in beta on Android / Google Play. We will invite players to help us create a great version that we can further roll out on iPhone, iPad, Facebook and Online!

With the Multiplayer becoming a free to use game we expect  a lot more enemies!

If you want to help testing the Android version please send an email to support@youdagames.com  

Queenbee

#114 QueenBee1234

QueenBee1234

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:02 PM

I didn't see you were installing ads. Ads track us with cookies. Please give me the option to pay so I don't have to look at ads. I would pay 20.00 not to look at ads. You will never generate that much from my buying habits. I might even quit the game if you do this. Please others let Admin know you would rather pay than waste time with ads. We need everyone to chime in.

• Lonello likes this
Queenbee

#115 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:03 PM

Yes but not 98% ;).

Yes, correct. But I think the idea was to have a "professional" league with paying members who are serious about the game, and I'm not just talking about the high-level players here, but rather anyone who has had enough of the aliases, draw refusals, bugs, etc. 

The more casual players can still play on the new app for free and buy as many custom wallpapers as they like. 

#116 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:12 PM

Look guys I don't want to offend anyone, but every idea to improve this game you may as well type into an email address it to blackhole@stratego.com. I have been playing for a year. Not all that long. Today I had the pleasure of playing with max a true gentleman. I have read hundreds of your backposts on this forum and not one idea was taken. I know that admin would love to help us out, but there is no money.

Is there any particular reason which prevents you to join forum with your main account ?

Except the game also forum suffers with the issue of multiple accounts.

#117 QueenBee1234

QueenBee1234

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:26 PM

Guys I have given it my all. As I said send all your suggestions to blackhole@stratego.com. They are not listening. It is my opinion that they would like to do away with the forum if it weren't a marketing platform. Don McLean wrote a song a long time ago that seems apropos to admin.

Starry, starry night

Portraits hung in empty halls (avatars)
Frameless heads on nameless walls (coat of arms)
With eyes that watch the world and can't forget (battlefields)

Like the strangers that you've met (my friends list)
The ragged men in ragged clothes
The silver thorn of bloody rose
Lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow

Now, I think I know what you tried to say to me (admin)
And how you suffered for your sanity (serious players)
And how you tried to set them free (with good ideas)
They would not listen, they're not listening still
Perhaps they never will

Based on my observations they are not listening and perhaps they never will. 

Hey admin how much to buy your copyrights to the game? I have 50 coders working for me ready to answer the call. You have my email address so contact me and I will buy it. Even if I lose a lot of money (and I don't think I will) I will maintain the integrity of the game. God knows I can afford it. QueenBee aka QueenofSpades.

Queenbee

#118 QueenBee1234

QueenBee1234

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:45 PM

Also to all those who try to challenge me, I am sorry if I did not respond. It is not a snub. I leave the game open all day and I am frequently doing other things or in meetings. I turn it off at night. Send me a friend request if we are not already friends. Sevenseas I have been looking for you. Another issue I have is not being able to search.

BTW I had a hard time signing up for the forum and ergo my forum name does not match my only stratego account of QueenofSpades. It was not intended to deceive.

Queenbee

#119 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:14 PM

Also to all those who try to challenge me, I am sorry if I did not respond. It is not a snub. I leave the game open all day and I am frequently doing other things or in meetings. I turn it off at night. Send me a friend request if we are not already friends. Sevenseas I have been looking for you. Another issue I have is not being able to search.

BTW I had a hard time signing up for the forum and ergo my forum name does not match my only stratego account of QueenofSpades. It was not intended to deceive.

I sent you a friend request on the site, is it not showing it?  :mellow:

#120 cflag

cflag

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:14 PM

I would pay for good quality stratego. I think many people would. 

In my opinion if you want to find quick a lot of opponents for a game, Stratego.com is the right place.

If you want a good quality (multiplayer)stratego, Gravon is the right place.

The best thing of course is that both sites are free.

• Sohal, Lonello and PuzzledTea like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users