#81 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:47 PM

It is not that we do not respect your opinion, but the opinion of a small amount of players that do not benefit the game enough to attract new people is worth less than what we did right now.

Posted Image

#82 tomato123456

tomato123456

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:14 PM

To be perfectly honest I don't even care if you respect my opinion on a personal level or whether you care about my game play experiences. As a business man that should not lead you in your decisions anyway, but at the same time it's not wise to totally ignore those things either. All I am trying to say is that from a business point of view there is already a wealth of user feedback on this forum that you could have used to your own benefit. Not doing so is to my opinion a big mistake and you will suffer the consequences sooner or later when the user count on the app usage is going down again. Hiding yourself behind behind an IP takeover is also a bit naive to be honest.

Since you are (already) scaring away serious players that can stay around for years to provide you with a certain basis to expand towards other new players, you are forcing yourself to solely attract those new ones directly. This kind of black-or-white approach is totally unnecessary and it's unclear to me why any business would dive into an unknown, new base of clients just like that. Given the nature of the game in its current form it is incredibly likely that those new players are mostly kids who will make an account, play some games and get bored with it again once some other new game is out. Just keep an eye on the amount of user accounts that are newly created vs. time spent on the app per new user account. I'd be willing to wager some money that the ratio of those two will only get smaller over time, except for a possible increase after first releasing the new app.

This kind of business strategy is miles away from a successful earnings model (not to mention that it ruins the game experience of many people who have played on here for a long time) and I really find it hard to believe that an experienced company like Jumbo that has had decades of success with Stratego came up with this new way of developing/commercializing this game.

Edited by tomato123456, 26 November 2015 - 01:47 PM.

• Lonello, maxroelofs, Moghedien and 2 others like this

#83 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,269 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:57 PM

This is something we do not want :(

That's nice that you don't...... But we do.....  :)

• Jade K likes this
WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#84 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,269 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:04 PM

but the opinion of a small amount of players that do not benefit the game enough to attract new people is worth less than what we did right now.

"Small amount" I like this misleading phrase. 45 people voted for the old app. 1 person (you) voted for the new app. Now who has the "small opinion"? Normally 98% for something is slightly more popular than 2% for something, ya know? 

• Chewtoy and QueenBee1234 like this

#85 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:06 PM

"Small amount" I like this misleading phrase. 45 people voted for the old app. 1 person (you) voted for the new app. Now who has the "small opinion"? Normally 98% for something is slightly more popular than 2% for something, ya know? 

Not all players are on the forum or vote in the poll.

These are 45 people out of the the thousands of other players...

Posted Image

#86 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,269 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:08 PM

Okay... I'm pretty darned sure that if you see 98% on the forum vote for the old app, then any other set of people would vote the same. That's what a poll is. Thanks to my 1st grade math teacher.  :)

#87 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:31 PM

That's not really how voting works though. Those 98% are from the people who voted. There are tons of players who are not forum-users or who didn't even know there was a poll.

Posted Image

#88 tomato123456

tomato123456

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:32 PM

Yes, but these 45 people are regular players who dispense their advice to you totally free of charge with the sole aim of making this game better for everyone. Most businesses would be happy with such kind of free market research (some even pay for it actually) but you clearly don't see the value of it. Even if you don't care about this game at all (which I hope does not apply to you), there are business reasons to pay some attention to these people, i.e. more than listening to their opinion and consequently simply discarding it. The thousands of people you are referring to surely do not show the kind of loyalty to this game and website as the 45 people who voted in the poll, so it's kind of dangerous/naive to base your business on that. If you do persist with that approach I would like to see where it will have taken you in let's say one year from now...

• Lonello, maxroelofs and QueenBee1234 like this

#89 tomato123456

tomato123456

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:53 PM

That's not really how voting works though. Those 98% are from the people who voted. There are tons of players who are not forum-users or who didn't even know there was a poll.

Lots of people don't know that there was a poll, which then means that a vast majority of them - maybe even 98% - is in favor of the new app? I don't think that is how voting works either... ;)

#90 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,269 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:59 PM

Who cares about what the little 5-year-olds think? If they had a say in the vote, all the pieces would be Barney themed. Seriously. So you're listening to little kids rather than us serious players and masters? That's pretty sad.  :)

• QueenBee1234 likes this

#91 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,269 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:00 PM

Lots of people don't know that there was a poll, which then means that a vast majority of them - maybe even 98% - is in favor of the new app? I don't think that is how voting works either... ;)

That's what I'm trying to say... But I don't think Mick is getting it.  :)

• QueenBee1234 likes this

#92 tomato123456

tomato123456

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:00 PM

That's what I'm trying to say... But I don't think Mick is getting it.  :)

I think Mick is getting it but he does not seem to understand why the opinion of a regular player should be valued higher than the (actually unknown) opinion of the hundreds/thousands of people that are playing the game without being active on the forum. I am not saying that to get my way or because I would somehow feel personally offended (because I don't care about that) but only because it would be a shame if the current developments mean the downfall of this website. All things considered that is actually a possible scenario...

Edited by tomato123456, 26 November 2015 - 04:11 PM.

#93 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:29 PM

@Mick

If you want such poll it is very easy.

Give to people who have download the new app, the option to return in the old and to people who haven't play with the old , the opportunity to try it . Then you will see that this 98% (maybe little bit less)  represents the truth.

#94 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:33 PM

unfortunately this delusional mick does not have the courage to do that -

he is plainly delusional because he believes in how the sales numbers have rocketed, thousands of new players have downloaded, and yet none of them have cast a poll lol

#95 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:34 PM

like I said lets all get out of this site, let all the children have fun here :)

#96 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:40 PM

he doesn't even understand how poll statistics and variance works

fairway put it most nicely----->Okay... I'm pretty darned sure that if you see 98% on the forum vote for the old app, then any other set of people would vote the same. That's what a poll is.<-----

• Fairway likes this

#97 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:40 PM

like I said lets all get out of this site, let all the children have fun here :)

There is no need atm. There is a deal with Mick  ;) I hope and  I believe he will respect it  :)

Right Mick?  :D

Put this : ''.....which will have the approvement  from our community and from our experienced players '' and there is a deal  ;) 

Haha, well we try to yes. We keep updating and improving the new version. So in a way... yes :)

• Moghedien likes this

#98 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,269 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

he doesn't even understand how poll statistics and variance works

Obviously not....

#99 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,269 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

Sure!! That's obviously what Mick wants us to do, right?

#100 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:44 PM

The visual style has nothing to do with the gameplay and can be liked or disliked. 

I can debate the visual style of the previous app with you, and explain how various things are visually not that good about it. But in the end, it all comes down to someone's personal opinion. 

It is like making professional chess players play with Dora chess pieces, and then say the look is a personal opinion...

• Lonello and Fairway like this
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users