Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:27 AM

After taking some time away from the game, it is troubling to see Stratego to be in the same place it was six months ago when I left.  I think the real issue is that the developers such a Mick (in no way meaning to be hurtful) do not have a real understanding of the game. I think Mick and the entire Stratego team have about the understanding of a 200-300 level player.  This truthfully is not meant to be a cruel critique, but rather it is meant to simply point out why the site is in the situation it is in.  Read Enigma's post on all the different ranks and their corresponding level of understanding of the game.  I think when a basic level player makes a game, they overlook many of the deeper features that the game needs to truly be a success.  A higher level player experiences problems that a basic play just does not have the foresight to see.  Mick is interested in growing the site and making money for his bosses.  I do not think however that Mick understands the game like the rest of the community does.  Sohal, Nortrom, Midnightguy, Enigma, Napoleon, and many other of the top players and admins routinely give great advice to Mick but I do not think he takes the advice because to a 200-300 level player, the advice just isn't that important.  Mick I think has the ability to get a lot of people to see the site and play a couple games on it, but I don't think he can keep players engaged and make a repeat customer.  This is evident by the practical failure of the singleplayer game.  I have not played the singleplayer game, but I have read all the posts people made pertaining to it and it seems that it did not offer a real challenge.  I think the things that Mick listed as changes are really just the same stuff with a different color.  In other words, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."  

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

#22 Chewtoy

Chewtoy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

After taking some time away from the game, it is troubling to see Stratego to be in the same place it was six months ago when I left.  I think the real issue is that the developers such a Mick (in no way meaning to be hurtful) do not have a real understanding of the game. I think Mick and the entire Stratego team have about the understanding of a 200-300 level player.  This truthfully is not meant to be a cruel critique, but rather it is meant to simply point out why the site is in the situation it is in.  Read Enigma's post on all the different ranks and their corresponding level of understanding of the game.  I think when a basic level player makes a game, they overlook many of the deeper features that the game needs to truly be a success.  A higher level player experiences problems that a basic play just does not have the foresight to see.  Mick is interested in growing the site and making money for his bosses.  I do not think however that Mick understands the game like the rest of the community does.  Sohal, Nortrom, Midnightguy, Enigma, Napoleon, and many other of the top players and admins routinely give great advice to Mick but I do not think he takes the advice because to a 200-300 level player, the advice just isn't that important.  Mick I think has the ability to get a lot of people to see the site and play a couple games on it, but I don't think he can keep players engaged and make a repeat customer.  This is evident by the practical failure of the singleplayer game.  I have not played the singleplayer game, but I have read all the posts people made pertaining to it and it seems that it did not offer a real challenge.  I think the things that Mick listed as changes are really just the same stuff with a different color.  In other words, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."  

But then the lotto noobs would have less of an advantage - - that would be a real pity. 

• Fairway likes this

Terror made me cruel. 

#23 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

Q4xC1To.jpg

Looks like the rating boundaries are being changed. :)

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#24 Chewtoy

Chewtoy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:20 PM

Time to offer new themes as incentives as well. 

It's a good way for the site to earn revenue, as the 2 standbys are getting old (authentic & original).

I'd like a pirate theme or maybe a more ethnically diverse one.

Please limit the hats this time. 

Terror made me cruel. 

#25 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:10 AM

Time to offer new themes as incentives as well. 

It's a good way for the site to earn revenue, as the 2 standbys are getting old (authentic & original).

I'd like a pirate theme or maybe a more ethnically diverse one.

Please limit the hats this time. 

This is something that crossed my mind as well. I like it :)

• Chewtoy likes this
Posted Image

#26 Moghedien

Moghedien

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

Talking about the rating boundaries... Did I miss it or has it not been communicated? I logged in last week and suddenly I was a member of the platinum league (not anymore with this account, in part thanks to sevenseas (you will understand this one sevenseas:)).

But I cannot say that I like it. Satan NL is now platina marshall, there is no room for further improvement.

I ask the programmers, is this temporary or will it be fixed?

#27 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:24 AM

Talking about the rating boundaries... Did I miss it or has it not been communicated? I logged in last week and suddenly I was a member of the platinum league (not anymore with this account, in part thanks to sevenseas (you will understand this one sevenseas:)).

But I cannot say that I like it. Satan NL is now platina marshall, there is no room for further improvement.

I ask the programmers, is this temporary or will it be fixed?

This is being worked on.

• Lonello likes this
Posted Image

#28 Moghedien

Moghedien

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:55 PM

This is being worked on.

Thanks!

#29 AngelinoX

AngelinoX

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:19 PM

complete other question (here, since i couldnt find better topic)

what will mp be due 2016 as flash support will expire for almost all important browsers? Are there any plans for migrating to html5 flaw?

Considering IE as a NOT important browser ;) and as MS Edge is different anyway

#30 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:33 PM

complete other question (here, since i couldnt find better topic)

what will mp be due 2016 as flash support will expire for almost all important browsers? Are there any plans for migrating to html5 flaw?

Considering IE as a NOT important browser ;) and as MS Edge is different anyway

When the browser-version is being worked on, we will decide on what backend we will use.

Posted Image

#31 LuLuLaLaLa

LuLuLaLaLa

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Spy

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:06 AM

It looks like its for children and the ads are annoying.

And the worst you cant create your own set up in the quick games.

I am disappointed.

Alias Vanir44

#32 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,213 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:56 PM

I am disappointed.

Huh? From what I know, you can create and save setups to use in quick games... Maybe I don't get what you're saying.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#33 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:59 PM

Huh? From what I know, you can create and save setups to use in quick games... Maybe I don't get what you're saying.

He is talking about the multiplayer app. You can not create quick arena setups there. I'm just as baffled by that fact.  :wacko:

Edited by sevenseas, 25 October 2015 - 05:59 PM.

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#34 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,213 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:01 PM

Oh. Okay. Thanks Sevenseas. I didn't understand.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#35 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,213 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:02 PM

Oh, yes. I know what your talking about. I have a friend who plays on there and tells me all about it and how you can't create quick game setups. Okay. Anyway, thanks again.

#36 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:02 AM

It looks like its for children and the ads are annoying.

I am disappointed.

He is talking about the multiplayer app. You can not create quick arena setups there. I'm just as baffled by that fact.  :wacko:

Oh, yes. I know what your talking about. I have a friend who plays on there and tells me all about it and how you can't create quick game setups. Okay. Anyway, thanks again.

Thanks for the feedback!

Posted Image

#37 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,213 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:46 PM

1) Make the animations less cartoonish

2) Take out the part where the cards are shown and the pieces bump each other. It's too childish. Keep it like it is.

3) Make the graveyards smaller

4) LET US MAKE QUICK GAME SETUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5) Show our and our opponent's buffer at all times, not just when it is being used.

Edited by Fairway, 08 November 2015 - 07:47 PM.

• IsmailUfukBuyukozkaya likes this

#38 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:03 AM

1) Make the animations less cartoonish

2) Take out the part where the cards are shown and the pieces bump each other. It's too childish. Keep it like it is.

3) Make the graveyards smaller

4) LET US MAKE QUICK GAME SETUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5) Show our and our opponent's buffer at all times, not just when it is being used.

1. Choose a different unit-style; the animations will be different

2. You gotta see which unit you're attacking though ;)

3. The graveyards are different in size on each aspect ratio, ensuring the majority of the screen will be used for the battlefield. On very wide screens, there is a lot of space not used. That is why the graveyard is bigger there.

4. This will take away the 'Quick'  from it.

5. This should work...

Posted Image

#39 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,213 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:28 PM

1. Choose a different unit-style; the animations will be different

2. You gotta see which unit you're attacking though ;)

3. The graveyards are different in size on each aspect ratio, ensuring the majority of the screen will be used for the battlefield. On very wide screens, there is a lot of space not used. That is why the graveyard is bigger there.

4. This will take away the 'Quick'  from it.

5. This should work...

1. How do you get battle coins? I never get any at all for anything.

2.Keep it like it is in the current game. Show the 2 pieces on the battlefield; then the winner moves into the space

3. Okay

4. It will still be 5-7 minutes if you let us create out own strategies. The game is useless if we can't because you will just memorize strategies and by looking  at them instantly know everything about it and beat you opponent. Also, vise versa.

• Lonello and Vanir44 like this

#40 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:36 PM

1. How do you get battle coins? I never get any at all for anything.

2.Keep it like it is in the current game. Show the 2 pieces on the battlefield; then the winner moves into the space

3. Okay

4. It will still be 5-7 minutes if you let us create out own strategies. The game is useless if we can't because you will just memorize strategies and by looking  at them instantly know everything about it and beat you opponent. Also, vise versa.

1. As of now, you can only buy them

2. As we tested, the vast majority of the players was confused by who won and thought it wasn't clear enough

3. -

4. If a player has to wait 5-7 minutes, it is not very Quick ;)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users