Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:15 PM

Indeed. My brain couldn't adapt to the new fog of war-style accorded by the new app in obscuring the battlefield view each time the two cute opposing pieces fight and try to bounce each other off. I will suffer momentarily lapses of concentration when the battle in front of me is blocked now and then...by what I don't know... and my brain makes me forget where was my marshal and where was my general. Its my fault, don't worry about it.

#182 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:18 PM

To new players, this was not clear enough. That is why we changed it.

We will not keep faulty mechanics just because some players cannot adapt to an improvement.

:D  :D  :D

no serious player can not play with these cards ! "the bumping cards" blocking the view of the game !

Edited by Aris1970, 04 December 2015 - 04:22 PM.

#183 Moghedien

Moghedien

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:22 PM

Quote from Mick: We don't force you to buy them. In fact we're doing everyone a favor by re-adding them

Hurray, thanks for the favor Mick. First ruin the game and then doing us a favor that we can buy something back which is still much worse than we had. How can I ever repay you? And then I was thinking that I was robbed because I paid for an app and then it got changed completely without my consent. But in fact I was done a favor! Again, thanks very much Mick. I will put you in my will.
  • Fairway and texaspete09 like this

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt

#184 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:37 PM

u are totally right on this, moghedien. the right way to do this is to avoid buying any youdagames/(jumbo?) in future, after they pull such a trick on this one

#185 tomato123456

tomato123456

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 04 December 2015 - 05:32 PM

But I have a strong feeling, and it is getting stronger with every post you make, that you have an agenda you do not share with us. It has to be that because I cannot understand otherwise why you keep resisting every idea that is being made on this forum.

It's not a secret that Mick has his own agenda, since he actually stated himself that he prefers not to share it with the players, because we would get too confused (read the last part of this post if you don't believe it). Although that is kind of strange and mildly offensive to the intelligence of the players on here (or any player really), that is simply the way it is.

In addition there are the thousands of people who we don't know but who are apparently happy with the implemented changes. This makes it possible to indefinitely claim that the opinion of the people on here is just a minority (<1%) due to the simple fact that lots of players don't care so much about posting on a forum because they are busy with other stuff and/or not too passionate about this game. The opinion of such a small group is therefore statistically irrelevant.

So, as much as I agree with your complaints, I'm afraid you stand little chance to see your concerns properly addressed, even though you are quite entitled to expect that as a paying customer. I think it would be best to focus on the game play discussions on this forum which are indeed interesting and not to waste too much energy on good advice which will be ignored with a 99% probability.

• Lonello, Moghedien, sevenseas and 2 others like this

#186 QueenBee1234

QueenBee1234

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:40 PM

I have been quiet as I try to acquire the rights to the game, but it's the end of the week and I have gotten no closer to finding someone that when I started. I have been bounced around from emails to voice mails, but I haven't given up and don't lose hope.

I will resume on Monday. These things take awhile. There are many layers of corporate bureaucracy to get through. If you have to vent, send me a private message and I will add it to the game fixes that I will do. Tell me privately what the integrity of the game is worth to you? I really want to know. I have no idea why they have wasted so much bandwidth on Chat Rooms that no one uses. A Message tab that you cannot send a message and sell us wallpaper. I will never buy a single battle coin again. I do believe a small fee for new accounts would stop the multiple account issue overnight. Also clearing out all the unused accounts would alow active players to move up faster. Inactive is those that have no activity in 90 days. I need your feedback.

They can't even fix my log in as QueenofSpades and I had to resort to creating a new account just to have my voice heard. It only took a few days to figure out that they are not listening and never will. The moderators do it for the love of the game. I have no idea what the admins agenda is here.

So for the serious players (of whom I do not count myself as one) I can only advise you one course of action. Stop commenting. Just give it to the end of the year. Do not post a single comment here. They are going to do whatever they want. Your opinions are not of any interest to them. It is clear they feel they are "doing us a favor" by even responding. So if you can go a whole month without one comment here believe me you will feel better. I promise I will write back privately.

Don't give up on the game as it is still awesome. Give up on the forum just until next month. By then I may have something to report. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

• sevenseas and texaspete09 like this
Queenbee

#187 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:13 AM

I was referred to the site here by a great friend of mine, and just after a few games and u observe the table rankings closely, u should already know what is the problem here.

this game has such wide reach, in addition to the dominant dutch powerhouse, u have the Greeks making tremendous effort to implement their federation. I also see players from Singapore and Mongolia, and when I use the search function to comb through the player database, u can even find japan! So all continents covered, the reach is there.

But if u truly want a standing clout to develop stratego on the world stage, it has to start off with a membership system. Any sports. Real membership, not mere registrations online, verifying photos, emails, address checks?, heck I can create 10 such entities in a day and rock it to any ranking u want, just the amount of time I am willing to waste. This membership has significant benefits in first, worldwide recognition in a upcoming sport-competition format that - you already have a pool of players(professional) around the world - and second, a paid membership that supports the development of stratego proper. If - and if - we are a group of volunteers who would only want to develop the game purely voluntarily and would not take the money, then give it to a charity of your choice. Winning on all fronts.

Free games/registration should remain as such. I agree there must not be any barriers for any new player of any age to pick up the game, but before they decide to move on to a professional league, membership, they will contend with the rank cloggers as the problem u see now. It is not a big issue for these free players because in the first place they are happy to wheel away time, taking the game casually, having fun with pseudo personalities(GASP!), having fun jotting down all the setups of players as they meet them..Well suits them.

As one former prominent greek player commented previously, the future of stratego is in online. The reason is very simple. Unlike chess, with all pieces displayed, it is a game of logic. Stratego is a game of countless possibilities and a game of unknowns and a game of deception, which after every interaction the covered piece is revealed - all these, are best handled by a machine, not by an error-prone shaking human hand that can accidentally topple your flag piece near endgame(GASP!)

Stop the abuses with cheating on the rank tables. Build in the ISF rules in the game moves through programming. Set up a forced draw time limit for a game we can use 2hr, or the game gets drawn after 150 moves of inaction or such. These are really simple, direct, straightforward solutions that can only be implemented with a proper body in charge, who is the sole administrator of stratego membership I mentioned previously. We can even use the membership fees as prizes for tournament winners, - and u will see fireworks go off in real competitions.

I played more games realtime and in real life and u are making a fool of yourself by just telling u are implementing improvements from overall overwhelming feedback in cartoons and this is the way going forward, u know better because u are the developer. U are not even in the least interested to develop stratego as a game for the future.

• KARAISKAKIS, TheOptician, Moghedien and 1 other like this

#188 texaspete09

texaspete09

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 537 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:40 AM

U are not even in the least interested to develop stratego as a game for the future.

Well said
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#189 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,204 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:06 PM

Quote from Mick: We don't force you to buy them. In fact we're doing everyone a favor by re-adding them

Hurray, thanks for the favor Mick. First ruin the game and then doing us a favor that we can buy something back which is still much worse than we had. How can I ever repay you? And then I was thinking that I was robbed because I paid for an app and then it got changed completely without my consent. But in fact I was done a favor! Again, thanks very much Mick. I will put you in my will.

Wow! That's just, like, amazing!!  :D

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#190 QueenBee1234

QueenBee1234

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:51 PM

The only thing they will understand is our silence.

Queenbee

#191 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:35 PM

Do you remember this one? How far did 'we' come one year later?

Hello all Stratego fans and players!

We wanted to share an update with you so everybody knows where we stand and what we all can expect the following months.

As some of you know the original Stratego crew has moved a little to the background.
Although all of them are still in the company there has been a shuffle.
The reason is that we all want to take the brand Stratego to the next step.

The Stratego Multiplayer game is definitely a big part of that.
But there are other important products that also need attention.
The Single player version for example (currently only available in iPhone) is really outdated and does not fit the quality of the brand anymore. So we are focussed and committed to create a great new version of that game that will attract both existing and new players, young and old.

As we love Stratego so much we want it to be here for decades.
For this the youngsters also need to interact with the brand.

What does this imply for the Multiplayer version.
We changed the head of community management to Esther. She will be the main contact.
Outside the forum there is a really good conversation going with the global moderator team to investigate the most important tweaks / fixes and updates.
Before we can do anything this needs to be clear. Their cooperation is awesome and there already is a strong list of important improvements wishes like: Automatic anti double chase, Select minimum ELO rank.
Having these wishes is one. Investigating if these are doable in the software is two.
And actually implementing them is three.
The new people of the Stratego team first need to understand the code base. And that takes time. Especially if you know it’s only a very small team working on multiple products.
After the code base is picked up and analysed we can investigate if the improvements are doable and estimate the time needed for implementation.

In the mean time we keep supporting the game and try to offer a smooth experience on all devices, iOS, Android and Online.

Hope you enjoy playing Stratego!
We sure do and we are working hard with a very committed team to create the best Stratego experience out there.

Cheers!

Stratego Crew

http://forum.strateg...o-meet-you-all/

I wish the Stratego Crew and all the players on this site a wonderful Christmas and a healthy and co-operative 2016.

Cheers!   :) 

Lucky

• KARAISKAKIS, Lonello, Napoleon 1er and 1 other like this

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#192 QueenofHearts

QueenofHearts

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:58 PM

Give them your ideas and expect nothing. That way you won't be disappointed.

Edited by QueenofHearts, 15 December 2015 - 10:05 PM.

Queenbee

#193 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:28 AM

Give them your ideas and expect nothing. That way you won't be disappointed.

A better solution is to keep registering accounts and complaining.

• Fairway likes this
3 - 0

#194 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:46 AM

Chewtoy and DesertOasis proved to be such Oracles on the first page of luckypapa's link lol

#195 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,204 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:20 PM

A better solution is to keep registering accounts and complaining.

:lol:

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#196 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:21 AM

I agree with sohal. he said it nicely. I have the apple version of the app and it actually made me stop playing on this site completely for a little while. I really dont like it and reminds me of a ten year old game. Im sorry for the complaint but the people who actually care about the beauty of the game with find it more satisfying at metaforge or some site like that. Please do not change the pc version of the site to that google and apple version.

• sevenseas likes this

#197 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:30 AM

by the way what every happened to trickz and his rapping responses? Is he still around does anybody know?

#198 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:47 AM

Yes hes around!

Everyone likes Trickz xD

I have no idea what that thing under my avatar is. I've always liked stickers

#199 CAMDENBEER

CAMDENBEER

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:56 PM

Dear Stratego,

I just made a HUGE error. I downloaded the new app. Is there any chance you will bring back the old app?

If not, my stratego career will be done. No way I can use the new version.
  • Fairway and Moriarty like this

#200 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:20 AM

Dear Stratego,

I just made a HUGE error. I downloaded the new app. Is there any chance you will bring back the old app?

If not, my stratego career will be done. No way I can use the new version.

lol.

This really made me laugh.

They're not going to, they've said that so many times. Try using a PC?

I have no idea what that thing under my avatar is. I've always liked stickers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users