#1 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

To all our players, friends and respected enemies!

As you might have noticed we have been busy the last year with improving the
Stratego© experience.

First we created a new Single Player version of Stratego© to replace the old one, as it did not meet mobile expectations anymore.

Now we are almost ready to update Stratego© Multiplayer. We used the feedback of Stratego© players and the data of Stratego© Single Player as a guide. Our mission is to create the best multiplayer experience for all platforms.

Currently we are still in development and we are reaching a point where we expect a playable version on Google Play very soon. And this will be only the start, if people appreciate the new version and continue playing we have tons of ideas to continue development of the game.

So what are the biggest changes and why:

• The Art Style
    This new look attracts a much broader audience. From kids to adults, beginners and hardcore Stratego© players, both male and female.

• The Payment Model
    The new multiplayer will be free for everybody!

To achieve this, we show ads before a battle.
    Additionally there will be Battle coins in the game that you can spend on avatars, save slots and ad removal. In the future we want to add more content, like battlegrounds.

• The Flow of the Game
    It will be a lot easier and faster to start playing a multiplayer battle. Finding and inviting opponents and friends, the ranking system, the whole menu flow. We have improved it all to make the game more accessible.

• The Platforms
    First the game will go in beta on Android / Google Play. We will invite players to help us create a great version that we can further roll out on iPhone, iPad, Facebook and Online!

With the Multiplayer becoming a free to use game we expect  a lot more enemies!

If you want to help testing the Android version please send an email to support@youdagames.com  

• Midnightguy, KARAISKAKIS, cflag and 2 others like this
Posted Image

#2 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,737 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

Curious to find out :)

• MickM likes this
Lo

#3 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:35 PM

All sounds very promising! Great job!

• MickM likes this

#4 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:07 PM

i don't see any of all the improvements requested in the forum

The Art Style
who care except children ?

The Payment Model
I'd rather play once 5 or 10€ to register and not having all those ads every games

The Flow of the Game
you changed a timer, so we can be paired with a much lower opponent quicker ?

The Platforms

good luck taking screenshots and reports cheater/draw refusal and abusive behaviour with mobile platform

• leppie, texaspete09 and QueenBee1234 like this

#5 Chewtoy

Chewtoy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:15 PM

To all our players, friends and respected enemies!

As you might have noticed we have been busy the last year with improving the Stratego© experience.

First we created a new Single Player version of Stratego© to replace the old one, as it did not meet mobile expectations anymore.

Now we are almost ready to update Stratego© Multiplayer. We used the feedback of Stratego© players and the data of Stratego© Single Player as a guide. Our mission is to create the best multiplayer experience for all platforms.

Currently we are still in development and we are reaching a point where we expect a playable version on Google Play very soon. And this will be only the start, if people appreciate the new version and continue playing we have tons of ideas to continue development of the game.

So what are the biggest changes and why:

• The Art Style
    This new look attracts a much broader audience. From kids to adults, beginners and hardcore Stratego© players, both male and female.

• The Payment Model
    The new multiplayer will be free for everybody!

To achieve this, we show ads before a battle.
    Additionally there will be Battle coins in the game that you can spend on avatars, save slots and ad removal. In the future we want to add more content, like battlegrounds.

• The Flow of the Game
    It will be a lot easier and faster to start playing a multiplayer battle. Finding and inviting opponents and friends, the ranking system, the whole menu flow. We have improved it all to make the game more accessible.

• The Platforms
    First the game will go in beta on Android / Google Play. We will invite players to help us create a great version that we can further roll out on iPhone, iPad, Facebook and Online!

With the Multiplayer becoming a free to use game we expect  a lot more enemies!

If you want to help testing the Android version please send an email to support@youdagames.com  

Please elaborate on the improvised ranking system. I submit the current one works just fine. 

• leppie likes this

Terror made me cruel. 

#6 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:22 PM

None of the improvements we're really looking for is going to be added according to your post, we would really like:

a. Double chasing fixed, this is already existing for endless chasing of single pieces, but when an opponent chases two or more pieces endlessly ("double chasing") there's nothing to stop one from doing so.

b. An autodraw feature, so that if there's been a certain number of moves with no progress, it's an automatic draw.

It is my opinion that stratego.com should follow the Official ISF Game rules. This would make the game more fun for everyone as it would stop all the poor sports who try and get illegitimate wins by chasing and draw refusal (which now is a very complex procedure which makes many people not want to go through with it)

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#7 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:47 AM

Hi Mick,

I'm happy to give feedback but I only use a computer via the internet - no mobile - sounds like that is the last platform you will roll out.

But I look forward to seeing the improvements.

Regards,

Scott

• Lonello likes this

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#8 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:18 PM

We started a Google Community for people who want to test the new Stratego© Multiplayer on Google Play!

Join and play along!

Posted Image

#9 kokokitty

kokokitty

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:20 PM

Please fixed the biggest gameplay flaw in the online stratego right now - the lack of an autodraw feature.

Take a look at the forum and see the biggest amount of unhappiness and thread replies in the complaint against draw refusal players.

Online stratego needs this autodraw check. It galvanizes the higher ranked player to attack (and rightfully so), the lower skilled player may be trying to hang on to a pathetic draw. Or, sometimes any player can find themselves in a situation when they were going on an offensive and lose a critical piece, naturally they will pull back to defend or hold for a draw. In real life stratego tournaments, I believe, the presence of game arbiters easily prevent abuse by calling draws or rulings.

kk

Singapore

• KARAISKAKIS, Lonello, sevenseas and 1 other like this

#10 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:47 AM

Please fixed the biggest gameplay flaw in the online stratego right now - the lack of an autodraw feature.

Take a look at the forum and see the biggest amount of unhappiness and thread replies in the complaint against draw refusal players.

Online stratego needs this autodraw check. It galvanizes the higher ranked player to attack (and rightfully so), the lower skilled player may be trying to hang on to a pathetic draw. Or, sometimes any player can find themselves in a situation when they were going on an offensive and lose a critical piece, naturally they will pull back to defend or hold for a draw. In real life stratego tournaments, I believe, the presence of game arbiters easily prevent abuse by calling draws or rulings.

kk

Singapore

Great suggestion!
Thanks for your feedback :)

Posted Image

#11 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:40 AM

Great suggestion!
Thanks for your feedback :)

"Great suggestion" or "We're actually going to implement it"?

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#12 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:58 AM

"Great suggestion" or "We're actually going to implement it"?

I cannot make that decision right this instant alone. I will discuss it with the team and see what we can do about it; as with all suggestions.

I just thought it was a great suggestion ;)

Keep posting those ideas!

• sevenseas likes this
Posted Image

#13 Morx

Morx

Scout

• WC Online Team
  • 122 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

Mick,

If you want some feedback to discuss with the team:

My suggestions to support better system administration and more options for high quality tournaments

1 A move counter on the screen

This is very handy for cases of draws involving not progressing the game,  chasing etc:

2 A date/time stamp from the server on the game screen> to prove when a game was played

3 Allow different clock settings> implement a Bronstein clock for tournaments with a few settings that have default data  support real live tournaments. This means: total clock time max (for instance 75 mins), a different countdown (ie 10 instead of 15 sec per move) and different time per user ( ie 4 instead of 5 minutes per player)

The current system only supports 1 clock with 1 set of options

4 Get rid off the movement mechanism used to make setups. Make it point and click instead. The animation to drag a piece to the board is painfully slow, really hindering setting up the game where you are already busy with the setup time.

Kind regards,

Morx

• KARAISKAKIS, GaryLShelton, Lonello and 3 others like this

#14 Chewtoy

Chewtoy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:59 PM

Perhaps it's best to not implement any changes. 

You know the saying - sometimes the devil you know is preferable to the one you don't!

Terror made me cruel. 

#15 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:54 AM

Mick,

If you want some feedback to discuss with the team:

My suggestions to support better system administration and more options for high quality tournaments

1 A move counter on the screen

This is very handy for cases of draws involving not progressing the game,  chasing etc:

2 A date/time stamp from the server on the game screen> to prove when a game was played

3 Allow different clock settings> implement a Bronstein clock for tournaments with a few settings that have default data  support real live tournaments. This means: total clock time max (for instance 75 mins), a different countdown (ie 10 instead of 15 sec per move) and different time per user ( ie 4 instead of 5 minutes per player)

The current system only supports 1 clock with 1 set of options

4 Get rid off the movement mechanism used to make setups. Make it point and click instead. The animation to drag a piece to the board is painfully slow, really hindering setting up the game where you are already busy with the setup time.

Kind regards,

Morx

Very nice suggestions Morx. I love the clock idea!

Perhaps it's best to not implement any changes. 

You know the saying - sometimes the devil you know is preferable to the one you don't!

This is true, although it's a very safe option.

What we're trying to do is keep the awesome stuff and improve on the crappy stuff :D

• Chewtoy likes this
Posted Image

#16 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,130 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:31 AM

The idea of the time stamp on the gamescreens has been advanced before, and it is very good and needful, but I personally hadn't thought of the move counter also being present on gamescreens. That is a good idea, Morx. Thanks for submitting it for us all to read.
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#17 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,130 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:37 AM

The results of the new beta test version have been disappointing this past week. Not because of anything one might expect like the things that have been discussed on this topic already, but rather the simple fact that no one is there to play a test game with. I've only managed to play a partial game a couple of days ago before I had to rush off to work and so not much. On the Google plus forum for Stratego Scouts, it doesn't seem like anyone is around there either the past few days. I sincerely hope this changes as I was looking forward to playing and testing on the new software.
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#18 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:58 AM

The results of the new beta test version have been disappointing this past week. Not because of anything one might expect like the things that have been discussed on this topic already, but rather the simple fact that no one is there to play a test game with. I've only managed to play a partial game a couple of days ago before I had to rush off to work and so not much. On the Google plus forum for Stratego Scouts, it doesn't seem like anyone is around there either the past few days. I sincerely hope this changes as I was looking forward to playing and testing on the new software.

This is a shame yes. Probably because it's holiday-season...

Posted Image

#19 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,130 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:46 AM

Mick, how did the planners think it to be that testers would be able to meet up to help test by playing a game? Did they assume people would get lucky? What was the idea of asking everyone to rush over to the new beta program, sign up and go through all the hoops, when it's nigh impossible to play once a person gets there?

When we have so few people (36 tonight?) it seems to me it would be better to schedule games between people like a tournament. Then your testers would know when they could actively contribute their time and you would know when to expect the testing to be done. All that would need be done is to ask everyone for a range of availabilities, over 3-4 different days in a week, and then put it together. Piece of cake.

Gary
  • Lonello likes this

#20 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:52 AM

The general idea is to just let people who want to test, take the oportunity to test the game.

We're also testing it ourselves. This is just for the community :)

We can't force people to test though, as with all games that have BETA-programs.

We do appreciate all your work!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users