sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:30 PM

I think sometimes he will play very good and sometimes not so good - you are playing a person that may be worried, tired, not so focused as usual, etc. The best athlete doesn't win the race every time, only when he's at his best. Kernel Mustard was #2, has beat Hielco two times, and now he has trouble getting back to 900 rating. So I think it's unfair to say that he's a pure lotto player just because he played one poor game against you.

In my experience, if someone lottos me one time, they'll lotto me the next and so on. With the exception of some lower ranked players whom are "scared" or "intimidated" by someone at this rank and lotto, most people who lotto do so because it's their way of playing.

90% of the "lotto players" in the silver rank have multiple accounts, play normal with one account then switch to the next, hope to match upto you again and lotto your setup. It's a major problem.

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#22 constrictor

constrictor

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:26 AM

I am frequently accused of lotto because I am aggressive with my Marshall, but I do not hit unmoved pieces with it, and I almost always strike a known piece. Also, I consider my play to be calculated risk based on where the spy usually is not, or what it is usually guarding.

Lotto is part of this game. Sometimes it is necessary. And players who do foolish things like blindly charge a Marshall, General, or Colonel into unmoved pieces at the start of the game will never be ranked high. And high ranked players know how to defend against it.

Occasionally, someone manages to beat me with it, but it is rare.

• Mitthunder and Moriarty like this

#23 Dobby125

Dobby125

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:04 PM

Don't quit too early against lotto players if you get behind.  They might get lucky and get a big advantage early in the game, but many keep on lottoing(it's how they play) and will eventually hit a bomb or get attacked by a spy.  Lots of lottoers just don't know how to play with the lead.  Make them prove that they can beat you in a long game and don't quit too early.  You'll be surprised at how many games you can win from behind when you give your opponent lots of time to make mistakes.

• Sgt. Blkdog and Mr. Smith like this

My Youtube Stratego Channel: https://www.youtube....cGDvlZZkGbgq0LA

#24 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:59 PM

A week ago I was down a Col, two majors and a Captain to a lotto player.  I knew that end was near for me and soon he was going to bring a miner into my flag area.  We both still had a Generals left and he hadn't seen mine yet, so I managed to sneak past his and I beat the lotto guy at his own game. I got lucky with the first unit I attacked was his open flag on the back row. There have been some other games where I was a couple ranks behind and I managed to out maneuver him. 

The thing I find with many lotto players are they have very little regard for their flag defense such as either not putting bombs around flag or do nothing to stop a counter attack at their flag.  Many time they probably have a naked flag in the corner because other then their blitzing/lotto attack side, they try to shut the other two area of the board off so you can't get in with a counter attack and hope you run your Marshal or General into a bomb.  

• Mitthunder likes this

#25 Mitthunder

Mitthunder

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:33 PM

The thing I find with many lotto players are they have very little regard for their flag defense such as either not putting bombs around flag or do nothing to stop a counter attack at their flag.  Many time they probably have a naked flag in the corner because other then their blitzing/lotto attack side, they try to shut the other two area of the board off so you can't get in with a counter attack and hope you run your Marshal or General into a bomb.  

Yes, when I find that at least 4 of his bombs are blocking off the front row I find it pretty safe to lotto any other pieces. If he defends the flag then it must be cornered with 2 bombs. Otherwise it's open.

#26 Fonteyn

Fonteyn

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

Hey, I agree with TerrorisT that expertise doesn’t matters too much in this game, if someone is lucky at lotto is unstoppable. I also play lottery games usually and also won some bucks in this game but when I read the winner stories , and then I feel the motivation in myself.

#27 Reo

Reo

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:32 PM

hallo everybody i would like to inform you that the situation with the lotto players has become really unbearable

i have lost so many matches from such players

i dont know why they lotto so much

in my opinion or their strategy is lotto or they know the opponenets system

i believe that its neccesary some rules about lotto to be taken by the admin

its a phanomenon that affects all of us in this game

hope that you will take my topic under consideration

HTW

They lotto because the win with that gamestyle  :)

#28 Reo

Reo

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:33 PM

In my experience, if someone lottos me one time, they'll lotto me the next and so on. With the exception of some lower ranked players whom are "scared" or "intimidated" by someone at this rank and lotto, most people who lotto do so because it's their way of playing.

90% of the "lotto players" in the silver rank have multiple accounts, play normal with one account then switch to the next, hope to match upto you again and lotto your setup. It's a major problem.

thanks for the warning  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users