Photo

cheating, visuals and other hacks : share your information?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Hi everyone,

So as we know the drawglitch issue is solved.

Now there are only endless chasers and no more cheaters you would think.

But is this really the case?

Rumours are spreading that you can actually cheat on this site.

There are people saying that you can use a memorize tool that runs in your browser here.

Allthough this is not actually "cheating", it's more to help yourself to insure you don't forget where your opponent's pieces are. 

But there are also rumours about a program that can actually reveal all your opponent's pieces in a single time and this is pure cheating of course.

I was wondering if I could find any Stratego-cheat-related issues online.

Lady Kathrynn talked about a program called Ju*****tic or something which allows you to do that.

I don't know if that's true.

But I came across something else that got my attention :

http://www.pure-hack...-hacks-get.html

With this you would get unlimited battle coins, you can't be banned and God knows what other stuff.

I'm not gonna download this hack because I simply don't trust it.

Could be a virus or something, I don't know.

I hope there will be reactions on this topic and especially by people who know a lot about programming and so on.

This site is built with flash so if cheating exists on this site, how would it be done?

Is it through an application that runs in your browser? Is this detectable?

Is it really possible to see all your opponent's pieces?

The rumours confirm it is indeed like this but we need hard proof of course.

People with computerknowledge,..........speak up plz :)

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#2 Krikke

Krikke

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

I think people aren't able to see an other player's pieces. If anyone could, they would never loose and be a high silver player. Maybe it is possible to use a memorizer tool but this shouldn't bother the good players. Imo it's just weak to use memorizer tools or whatever, because in a face to face game u have to rely on your own memory. Seeing another player's pieces isn't the case I think, i wouldn't bother too much ;)

#3 vowles_23

vowles_23

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Again, nice informative topic, but please don't post such links in the forums! Better to contact an admin privately :)

• Lady Kathryn likes this

vowles_23

chesscom_badge_468x60_s.gif

#4 Designated Baby

Designated Baby

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Well, Punish is a mid range silver. If that is the one who trickz says cheats maybe he can see the pieces. I don't know.

gg

#5 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

Anyone who uses a program of any kind to display or help you memorize your opponents pieces is clearly cheating.  No..ifs...ands....or buts.  It takes away from the integrity of the game, and gives you an unfair advantage over your opponent.  All this for what?!?   To brag you have a better rating and your name shows up first on the top of the list?!  To me this is far worse than using a computer glitch to crash someone's game because, you are breaking rules to the game of Stratego. 

Again unless if I hit a major win streak, I may be stuck at a middle Marshall rating and that is fine by me.  I can say I got my rating fairly and never used any computer glitches and programs to help me.   I come here for the fun and challenge to hopefully beat some of the best on here fairly.  If I win great; and it'll make me happy to know I can play a good and fair game.  But if I lose, I won't lose any sleep over it. 

• vegas and 17761776 like this

#6 KumaAYR26

KumaAYR26

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

I don't know if this is the place to post this but I can for sure say the user "Nalren" is a cheater in terms of chasing. He/she had the colonel left as the highest rank however I had two majors and four captains where he had none left.

That particular setting allowed him to chase me around with the colonel until I got a short internetdisconnection which meant an automatically loss. He chased for around an hour

I only write this to warn other people.

Nalren as well as other chasers are a disgrace to this site. He/she even had the nerve to accuse me of being "unsporting" while chasing me around. I therefore think it would be an exellent idea to give any user the right to refuse an opponent in a ranked match. Personally I do not want to waste my time against the same chaser again.

Another option could be to create a "complain" function and allow an admin to go through the history of the game revealing how the chaser chased. Of course only in cases where people get a certain number of complainingmarks should action be taken.

• vowles_23 and vegas like this

#7 Nalren

Nalren

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Hello, what is the policy for naming and shaming here? I have a lot to say about the sore loser here who feels the need to talk bad about his opponent myself, I just don't think this kind of thing belongs in a public forum.

#8 Lt. Jones

Lt. Jones

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Everyone here had once dealt with cheaters and chasers etc. That cheaters will always exist and always find a way to cheat, that's a fact but however, it may not disturb you from playing stratego here in his glory. It's a great initiative from the devs to let us play here (for free). Okay maybe a few things are not working but if you want to play stratego without cheaters, glitches etc. you will have to sit down and play face to face with a referee who keep an eye on both of you.

No, I'd rather prefer to play against people from other countries in the world because on tournaments you don't have that opportunity. I want to learn from each other. And that's so great about this site, you can chat with each other, become friends, play friendly matches etc. A few weeks ago I was sure to leave this site because of the cheaters, but hey, if you leave they will become the winners and I won't let that happen. Maybe they have software to hack this site it doesn't care I will always fight like a soldier to the bitter end.

But enough about it, let's play en just have fun !

-L.JO-

• Midnightguy, alimof and 17761776 like this

#9 vowles_23

vowles_23

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

I would be in support for a 'complain' button, that tallies up complaints about a user to the admins,.

vowles_23

chesscom_badge_468x60_s.gif

#10 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

The complain-button is not an option.

Forget the idea that a moderator will intervene in a game because of chasing/cheating.

Too much work involved, it's not practical I bet the moderators/staff have other priorities.

This topic is more about cheating than chasing.

Right now, endless chasers can do their thing because there is no anti-chase rule yet so it's not worth it to speak about this now.

What I want to know is of there are any programs out there which allow people to effectively cheat.

A sort of hack-program that allows players to see the entire board of their opponent.

I'm not talking about chasing issues, nor the memorize tool or endless battle coins,...I'm talking about the real cheating stuff right now.  Programs that allow you to see your opponent's setup BEFORE he even moved a piece.

#11 PUNISH

PUNISH

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

TRICKZ GOT HIS BUTT KICKED, CLAIMING HE HAD SUCH STELLAR FAKES, EXAGGERATING THE NUMBER OF FAKES HE USED, & BECAUSE HIS FAKES WERE PREDICTABLE, CLAIMS ONE MUST BE CHEATING IF SOMEONE CALLS HIM ON HIS BS MOVES.  THE NERVE OF SOMEONE CLAIMING TO BE A GOOD PLAYER, GETTING THEIR ♥♥♥ BEAT, & DEDUCING IT MUST BE CHEATING CAUSE HOW ELSE COULD SOMEONE BEAT ME?  IVE BEEN PLAYING ONLINE STRATEGO FOR 15 YEARS, JUST NOT HERE.  MOST PLAYERS HERE ARE WEAK AS HELL, INCLUDING TRICKZ.  I IMAGINE THE NUMBER ONE RANKED PLAYER HERE IS ACE WITH THAT KIND OF RECORD.  HE IS THE REAL DEAL.  TRICKZ IS NOT.

#12 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

I don't care if I'm not the deal. I do realize that I'm not the best player.

I would never deny this as well. That's not the point.

I also don't give a damn that I'll never be the best player on this site.

I bluffed you with TWO pieces to attack your colonel and both bluffs you took which was absolutely not normal.

Maybe one but two???? Get real.  It's like you knew where my pieces were.  Maybe not by cheating but by playing with other accounts as well.  You would not be the first player that has 4 or 5 accounts to play with.

And about your lack of respect,......you can call me weak as hell, I don't care.

At least I made it twice to the Silver League with fair play and only one account, that's for sure.

At least I beated your number one player Ace Inhibitor SEVERAL times (admitted, he beated me more :)) and at least I have respect for top players.

And at least I've gotten 2 honorable votes in the best player-section so that means I'm surely not weak as hell.

I'm perhaps not as good as you but at least I know my place on this site.

You're just an arrogant player who thinks he has invented the game or something.

Claiming you're the best, yeah right.....you're not even top 10.

At least I know I'm maybe top 50 on this site If I'm lucky.

Btw, the real deal on this site is NOT Ace,..........it's Spaceman Spiff and I'm sure he will kick your ♥♥♥ 9/10.

And the number one of this site was Flaghunter with the highest rating and rank ever (silver major).....and I beated him.

Anyway, I don't need your respect dude so whatever.

#13 PUNISH

PUNISH

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Ace inhibitor is not the ace I'm talking about  I'm speaking of Ace Rimmer from Gravon, probably spaceman here. Best player in the world and has proven it online and in live tournaments throughout europe for years.  

And apparently, for the moment, I am top 10.

Furthermore, I did not claim to be the best.  Never said any such thing.  You accused me of cheating.  You claimed I could see your pieces (false) or that I have multiple accounts (false again).  You said this to me during the game.  Now you have the nerve to post it online.  Accusing someone of something that is not true is despicable.  You seem to be top 10 at running your mouth.

• vegas likes this

#14 PUNISH

PUNISH

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

"And the number one of this site was Flaghunter with the highest rating and rank ever (silver major).....and I beated him."

And you beat him.  You did not "beated him."

• Moriarty, 1776British Side and 17761776 like this

#15 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Don't know Ace Rimmer, never played on Gravon or Metaforge.

You claim he's the best in the world.  Then he has to be Pim Niemeyer or Vincent De Boer.

Both have won several world titles but I can't remember any Ace....

But I don't know this for sure so I leave it open,.....it's subjective anyway who's the best player in the world.

Right now you're maybe top 10 but if the ranking league was based on the winning percentages and the games played, you would not be there.

You're also an hypocrite btw because I can't claim you're arrogant but you can accuse me of being weak as hell.

Accusing someone of something that's not true is despicable you've said,.......yeah right.

If I'm really weak as hell, then I would never make it to the silver league so that's just absolute nonsense.

Btw, do I have to smell that you are a true player with only one account?

So many times I played against players like you who have outstanding stats and then suddenly they seemed to have more accounts and they knew my pieces.  So it's not strange that I compared you to such a guy (SS, Syo, Simply The Best,...).

It's happened so many times that I just don't know who's playing pure and who's not.

But fine, I give you the benefit of the doubt so you beat me twice,....happy now?  So this means you can accuse me of being weak as hell now?  Daddy must be proud of you I guess :)

Beat, beated,.....who cares?

Just beat it arrogant player :)

#16 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

To stay on this topic....

Vincent De boer, several times world champion used a famous setup for tournaments.

Super agressive blitz-style :

setup32.jpg

It's just lottery as you can see.

He did this to be unpredictable.

My marshall was at the same spot against Punish in our second game but then he calls it "weak as hell".

Fine,...you call it like that.  Just beware of the fact that a formerly world champion used to play like this in the world championships.

Just to give an example,......every army can be crushed and it doesn't matter who you are.

Source : www.ultrastratego.com

#17 PUNISH

PUNISH

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

I'm very familiar with Vincent.  He's an old metaforge player who hasn't been around online in years to my knowledge.  Pim is an old player as well.  Richard Ratcliffe, aka ACE RIMMER, from GB won the 2011 ISF championship & finished 2nd this year.  No 1 ranked player for years at Gravon, where there is much tougher competition than here overall.

I understand frustration at a player who uses multiple alias names.  We all have had that done to us.  

Nonetheless, it is weak as hell to jump on a bomb with your Marshal to start the game.  Vincent used his captain to expose his opponent.  He did not jump on an unmoved piece like you did.

#18 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

That's not the point,....the point is that with one scout you immediately know where his big chief is.

Like this, your opponent has got the upperhand from the start.

So if Vincent would have attacked with a captain that bomb, then it's a good move you'd say?

He's a captain down and his marshall is detected right away so he's losing anyway.

I decided to just move all in the moment you detected me.

I thought it would have given me more chance since I was exposed anyway.

You call it weak as hell but I've seen many players do this, also top players.

I just won't accept the fact you're calling me weak as hell.  I don't care who you are, how great you are or what you have achieved during 15 years online stratego,..........you just don't have respect for other players.

I've heard from other players as well that you were provoking them on the chat and distracted them.

Not with a normal writing,....no with big fat caps trying to make your opponent pissed.

It's not because I chose the blitz way in our second game that you have the right to call me weak as hell.

I just didn't want to be predictable and didn't want to play your mindgames so I immediately went for the charge.

That can go wrong and it did,.....big deal.  It's just a tactic I used for this one specific game where I thought I could surprise you with it.  But I couldn't, big deal,....end of discussion so no need to rub extra salt in the wound by saying I'm weak as hell.

You just have a lack of respect and then you're claimin' I have a big mouth.

And if Gravon has so much more competition, then go play over there and act like you're the man there.

On this site you are certainly not the man, that's for sure.

Maybe if you go above the 800 but even then.

I've earned enough respect on this site by other players so I don't need your respect.

I hate players who can accuse others of being bad and act like they themselves are the real deal.

You just act like I'm a stupid naive child with an iq of 38,....

You don't get my respect by winning games against me.

You get respect with decent behaviour during and after games.

You don't have that so therefore I can't respect you allthough you're a good player.

People only get your respect if they can beat you.

And probably you'd appreciate it if they have a big mouth afterwards, typing in caps and claiming you're weak as hell.

If that's your form of respect, then I want nothing to do with it.

I would rather be a good solid player with nothing special and  a modest attitude than being a very good player with a cocky attitude like you.

Your words : if people can't win with cheats against you, then they can't win.

Scroll at one of your reply's and you'll see it.

Anyway, enough said about this.

So whatever....

#19 PUNISH

PUNISH

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

"Your words : if people can't win with cheats against you, then they can't win."  Blatant lie.

"You get respect with decent behaviour during and after games."  You mean like I don't fall for your bluffs so you immediately start calling me a cheater?  That's decent behavior during and after games?  Maybe you do have an IQ of 38.

#20 Designated Baby

Designated Baby

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

I am sorry for perpetuating the myth earlier in this topic that Punish might be cheating. I should not talk about them without first-hand experience.

gg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users