Photo

Disconnecter Punishment Plan Questions

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Poll: Disconnecter Punishment Plan Questions (45 member(s) have cast votes)

If we proceed with a trial of the system described below, the penalty for disconnecting should be

1. A rating deduction (12 votes [26.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

2. A temporary ban (17 votes [37.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.78%

3. Neither. There shouldn't be a penalty. (16 votes [35.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.56%

If the per-incident penalty is a rating deduction, it should be

1. 25 points (33 votes [73.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.33%

2. 50 points (4 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

3. 75 points (1 votes [2.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

4. 100 points (7 votes [15.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.56%

If the per-incident penalty is a temporary ban, it should be

1. One day (26 votes [57.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.78%

2. One week (14 votes [31.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.11%

3. Two weeks (1 votes [2.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

4. One month (4 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 ITSA Trap

ITSA Trap

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:47 PM

Sadly, she already has her own compter. I have found that if I stare blankly at the wall no one bothers me. As soon as I do anything even remotely interesting everyone comes in.

• TheOptician likes this

#42 jugoslav

jugoslav

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:26 PM

People don't you understand that its more painful to wait 6.5min of setting up or 5min buffer when someone is loosing then just 2.5min of disconnection.

Because of 6.5min of setting up I quit after 1min and my score is lo, I dont care, just game begins to be sooooo boring.

Those two problems are much bigger and painful.

Why don you introduce personal black list, so when someone fulls me I put them on black list and server will never connect me with them.

That's the solution for all problems, at the end disconnecting losers will not have opponent to play against, that's what they deserve.

If you want to solve only disconnecting problem, do that like www.chess.com did. You must admit that they are much bigger, older and more experienced website.

For the beginning ask them how they did it.

After that you can just improve you regulations.

J

Serbia

#43 jugoslav

jugoslav

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:52 PM

I vote for personal black list.

• Alister777 likes this

#44 gHosT.ol3a

gHosT.ol3a

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:22 AM

that's what they deserve.

No what we deserve is a complete working game. But hey I guess since that's what you have screw those who don't. Nothing will EVER happen to people who disconnect until EVERYONE HAS A "SURRENDER" BUTTON

#45 jugoslav

jugoslav

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:22 AM

No what we deserve is a complete working game. But hey I guess since that's what you have screw those who don't. Nothing will EVER happen to people who disconnect until EVERYONE HAS A "SURRENDER" BUTTON

personal black list

#46 gHosT.ol3a

gHosT.ol3a

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:36 PM

personal black list

Well go get yourself a paper and pen. Let me know how that works out for ya

#47 jugoslav

jugoslav

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:38 PM

gHosT.ol3a I sad that moderators need to introduce personal black list so just one click and you are on my personal black list and I'll never play with you again.

Before you write something read carefully what I wrote.

#48 gHosT.ol3a

gHosT.ol3a

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:28 PM

[quote name="jugoslav"

Before you write something read carefully what I wrote.[/quote]
Oh I did read it carefully, and like I said before. They won't recode the game so everybody can access the surrender button, but you think they will recode it for you to have a black list?
So like I said start writing names down yourself

#49 ITSA Trap

ITSA Trap

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:38 PM

I like the personal blacklist i dea. Or at least give us the opportunity to decline a game. I hate LOTTO players more than someone who disconnects. I would love to be able to just decline against known lotto players.

• Mr. Smith likes this

#50 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:16 PM

ITSA Trap, while the idea of of having the chance to decline games vs people you suspect to be quitters sounds like a good idea, it will lead towards rating abuse.  This will allow people to pick and choice who they get to play even if the person isn't a quitter and facing only people they wish to face or beat.

It's up to the site to implement a way to punish the cheaters without you the players or we the Moderator having to deal with the issue.  The poll we created here is just for us to get a feel what should be done if anything.  If something should be done, then the Moderator Team will examine what can we do to deter quitters.  

Right now from what I'm gathering in our poll, there is no clear answer what should be done.  However, once we get enough feedback we'll discuss the results.  

• Alister777 likes this

#51 jugoslav

jugoslav

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:22 PM

If moderators wont introduce personal black list I'll make post "black list" so everyone can know who the diconnecters and lotto players are.

personal black list or game becomes sooooo boring, you'll lose players.

#52 jugoslav

jugoslav

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:28 PM

ITSA Trap, while the idea of of having the chance to decline games vs people you suspect to be quitters sounds like a good idea, it will lead towards rating abuse.  This will allow people to pick and choice who they get to play even if the person isn't a quitter and facing only people they wish to face or beat.

If you introduce personal black list there wont be rating abuse because you connect players with similar rating, if someone put all players with similar rating in PBL the wouldn't have players to play against.

At the end we. players, deserve PBL since you, stratego.com, exist because we exist, its not opposite.

Lets vote.

We just want smooth, fast game, not waiting 6.5min for begginers to set up, 5min of buffer and 2.5min disconnection = 14min wasted. Why should we waste 14min??????????

Do you, moderators, have 14min to waste every time you play a game or do something?????

Please lets make this game more FAIR PLAY PLAYERS friendly.

#53 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:38 PM

Well you are talking about timers now Jugoslav.  We have a poll that goes over timers and what is the fair time per game and setup time.  You can give your vote and option on that matter on this link here... http://forum.strateg...in-strategocom/  Sorry to say also, when  I play a game I expect a game to last 20-30 minutes avg.  Not everyone is going to be fast or play super aggressive.  Some games you must take your time and make careful maneuvers and plan your attack accordingly.  

Now backing to quitters:  A couple years ago we had people who were cheating on our site and some were known cheaters who kept coming on other names after the site deleted their screen names.  We had discussed if it is fair to decline those matches vs these cheaters?  The majority of the people said "no" because it would lead to abuse by hand picking who they wish to face.  I used to play on onlinestratego.com the site this one took over, and we had players who had over 200 or more games had a 95% win record because they just played only weak or new players.  The same would happen here, if you allow people to decline matches.  

Again it's up to the programmers and the site owners to fix this issue.  We the Moderators are just volunteers who have no say in the matter what will be done with this site. We can only offer our recommendations from what we read in our forum.  We offer to help take care of player issues because believe it or not, some of the workers of this site don't know how to play the game or only known the basics.  Since we haven't heard of any updates or future implementations of a way to stop cheaters, The Moderator Team has decided to see if anything we could do.   Our first step again is this poll.  

However, if you wish to create such a poll  about being able to decline matches Jugoslav you are more than welcomed.

#54 jugoslav

jugoslav

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:25 AM

Thanks Midnightguy,

I just want as fast as possible games, and as fair play as possible.

Why for each (similar) question you have separate poll.

Fair play, setup, move time, buffer, disconnecters, for me are very similar questions to discuss on 5 different polls.

They are so much connected.

If moderators cannot do something concretely, please let me know how to communicate with programmers and owners of the site so the game could be more fair play friendly.

#55 jugoslav

jugoslav

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:42 AM

one more time and last time, only for ordinary, non tournament games.

I'll write everything here and if you (moderators) want it separately by polls, separate it by yourself if you think its important, if not i'll go play chess or hearts, there are no time wasting things.

I do this, it takes my time, only because I want this site and game to be BETTER:

introduce personal black list, and connect players with most 50 points (could be discussed) difference in rank and 200-300 (could be discussed) difference in played games (all problems you mention are solved, no one can play only with weak and new players).

move time 15-20s, who needs more please go to chess.com play chess where 1 move can last up to 10min.

setup time 1min, force new players to save those 2 free setups, make video or manual how to do that so they can just chose 1 or 2, no need every time before the game to make setup, make it before game, save it and load it before the game.

buffer time, why the hell we need buffer time, and if we need it it could be 1min max. Or lets calculate. In one ordinary game suppose we have 100 moves, 5min.buffer / 100 moves = 6s, add 6s to move time and its solved. I never saw any game on internet with buffer time.

when will you do something concrete with point 1 to 4, I just want to know when?

Please tell me what and why you disagree with each point 1-4.

#56 gHosT.ol3a

gHosT.ol3a

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:01 AM

Since we haven't heard of any updates or future implementations

That says it all right there. Customer service said the same thing to me during a 2 week long email battle

#57 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,467 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:19 AM

I appreciate that Jugoslav has taken the time to make suggestions, however I see no point in debating whether the changes proposed are good or bad unless and until the admins are willing to take action to improve the site.

#58 ITSA Trap

ITSA Trap

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:59 PM

I can appreciate that there would be abuses with almost any scenario. As I have said disconnecters don't bother me at all. It gives me time to do my evil laugh. That said, it's the LOTTO players I hate. I had a guy the other day that rammed his marshal into a front row bomb on the 4th move of the game. Then got mad at me for having a bomb on the front row. A few moves later I took his general and he disconnected. I did my evil laugh, it felt good. :)

#59 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:17 PM

There is no lotto.

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!