Fenrir

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

Perhaps a way to view past games (yours or others) and view games in progress. It could be called "Playing in the Melee". Credit me with that melee title. Thanks.
  • §ilence321 likes this
F.R. Smith

#2 Warfen

Warfen

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

You mean having a spectator mode, i suppose?
Sounds interesting!

Why the name "Playing in the Melee" though?

#3 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Chess.com has something similar where you can go back and see your old games to see what you did wrong. I think its a great idea, but the problem might be that you will be able to study other player's load outs. You will be able to see how they set up their position. I have to constantly change my load outs anyway, because I play the same players the majority of the time. Not a bad idea though, maybe we can call it a "Study Session" or something.
Posted Image

#4 SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

Viewing and replays would also be a great way to deal with chasers. You could report a chaser to admin via email and the admins could review the game to validate if a player was chasing and assign a defeat to the chaser for that game. From a moderation perspective, replays are essential for game fairness audit.

Spiff

#5 Troxonomos

Troxonomos

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

I vote for spectator mode too!

#6 NSquared

NSquared

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

I don't know, there are too many ways to cheat with that. You could get a friend and have him/her watch your game, and tell you via chat what the pieces are. OR even worse is that you could have multiple accounts and watch your own game.

Spectator mode is a great idea, but it's too easy to misuse it.

#7 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

If there is a watcher mode permitted, then both sides must agree to the watcher. If one of the players want the watcher gone, they can boot them out of the game whether the other player agrees or not. Of course if an admin of the site is watching the game, then of course either of the two players couldn't kick that person out.

#8 vowles_23

vowles_23

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

I agree, I think that it could be a nice feature, but it should be optional to reduce misuse of the system.

vowles_23

chesscom_badge_468x60_s.gif

#9 §ilence321

§ilence321

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

i disagree it sounds like a good idea but like HmmNess said players could memorize an opponents setups .
Posted Image

#10 §ilence321

§ilence321

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Chess.com has something similar where you can go back and see your old games to see what you did wrong. I think its a great idea, but the problem might be that you will be able to study other player's load outs. You will be able to see how they set up their position. I have to constantly change my load outs anyway, because I play the same players the majority of the time. Not a bad idea though, maybe we can call it a "Study Session" or something.

oh and HmmNess what happened to your ranking wasnt it like a bronze marshal or something?
Posted Image

#11 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

If you have concerns that someone will study your game, then boot them or have an option not to allow any to come to your table. Let the people who do want a watcher at the table to stop over and have the ability for a site admin or programmer to come to table in case if there is cheating or a bug to game.

#12 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,493 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

I totally disagree. The reason is that i have the experience playing in other site where this is allowed. The magic of this site is first that you do not choose your opponent and secondly you do not know the way he plays. It is like playing live games.IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE TO STUDY YOUR OPPONENTS YOU LOSE ALL THIS MAGIC. :angry: PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DO NOT CHANGE THAT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users