The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:35 AM

RULES for Team Tournament (Backstabber Tournament)

4 teams of 4 players will be formed each with a captain responsible for the team showing up etc and deciding before the the tournament starts what the number of each teammember will be (So team A will consist of A1, A2, A3 and A4)

1. Round 1 will be 4 vs 4: Team A vs Team B and Team C vs Team D. TC will randomly draft which team will meet which team and which players will play eachother, for example A2 vs B4 and A1 vs B3 etc. Each teammember will play ONE game.

The 4 individual matches between the 2 opposing teams will all start at the same time. The official start time is Sunday 15.00 GMT but if ALL EIGHT participants agree it can be on Sunday with a start time between 13.00 GMT and 17.00 GMT. Each individual game has a score of 2 for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss, so in the 4 invidividual matches 8 points total can be scored. Possible end results of a 4 vs 4 teammatch: 8-0, 7-1, 6-2, 5-3 or 4-4.

If a team match ends in 4-4 there will be a match played between the team captains to decide which team will be seen as the winner for round 2. Both teams still receive 4 points.

2. Round 2: The winning winning teams from Round 1(say Team A and Team C) meet the two losing teams BUT the other way round - so A meets D and C meets B under the same rules as in Round 1 but there will not be a direct tiebreaker if the match ends 4-4.

At the end of this round we total the points that all 4 teams scored in Rounds 1 and 2 together. The two higest scoring teams go to Round 3, the other teams are out. If two teams end with the same amount of points and there is only 1 spot left for Round 3, a tiebreaker will be played by the teamcaptains.

3. Round 3 will see the remaining teams being split into duo’s (each with their own teamcaptain) and meet eachother (so former teammates vs former teammates) in 2 vs 2 matches. The 2 individual matches between the 2 opposing duo’s will start at the same time. TC will randomly draft who the duo’s will be and which players will play eachother. Each teammember will play ONE game.

If this ends in a 2-2 score the teams meet again but change opponents. If there still is no decision TC will randomly draft who will play a deciding game: either a match between the teamcaptains or a match between the other two.

4. Round 4: the winning teams of Round 3 meet in a 2 vs 2 match. The 2 individual matches between the 2 opposing duo’s will start at the same time. TC will randomly draft which players will play eachother. Each teammember will play ONE game.

If this ends in a 2-2 score the teams meet again but change opponents. If there still is no decision TC will randomly draft who will play a deciding game: either a match between the teamcaptains or a match between the other two.

5. Round 5 (Finals): The winning team meets eachother 1 on 1 in the finals to decide the winner of the tournament.

Start-time & No-shows: Round 1 & 2 (The 4 vs 4 matches) are scheduled for Sunday 15.00 GMT. The Captian of each team is responsible for showing up with the entire team in the Challenge Zone and the matches all starting in time. Subs are not allowed. A no-show will result in a loss of that match, so 2 points for the other team.

Results: Please report the result of a match immediately in the posting topic

TC for this tournament: TheOptician & Papillon

Example of 4 teams participating:

nIMS1SG.jpg

• zoografos likes this

#2 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:56 AM

We would like to start the tournament on June 7 with 4 vs 4 matches. Preferred game time is 15.00 GMT and all 4 matches will be played simultaniously. Every player plays only one game and the endresult of the entire team counts.

IMPORTANT: only the 2 Rounds of 4 vs 4 matches will be on Sundays for sure. The 2 vs 2 matches can be played at ANY day / time (so a lot of flexability) as long as all 4 participants agree and the 2 individual matches start at the same time!

This tournament is an extra tournament (just for fun and a nice experience), no TRP's can be won (does not count for Year End Divisions invitations)

Our goal is to have this tournament last approximately 4 weeks.

TC will use a fair method (the DowJones index) when random drafts are needed (see rules).

VERY IMPORTANT: You are all free to join but TC will not accept players that are (far) behind when it comes to their Division games. Also Division schedule/games will prevail. So if you already have limited time to get your Division games in, don’t join. We will take you out of the backstabbers tournament (no subs allowed for your team) if you don’t fulfill the Divisions tournament schedule (Fair play list), so please take that into consideration to prevent disappointment for you and your team. 

TC (TheOptician, Papillon, The Maestro)

#3 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:12 AM

Main announcement Tournament

For questions you can visit the Questions topic

Complete teams in:

Barbe Noire, Constrictor, Kernel Mustard, and Scottrussia (team name: ??)

sevenseas, The Maestro, NTactical-Reboot and SymmeTric (team name: ??)

Cannan, morias, Späher and Mr. Smith (team name: ??)

The Prof, Midnightguy, Gpet0 and Napoleon 1er (team name: Mod Squad)

#4 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:42 PM

I am willing and able to play on June 7, 14, 21, and 28 at 15:00 if someone needs a team member.

You don't say if this contributes to your overall rankings, etc.  If it will play a large role in the year end tournament for those at the top I would not be offended to be left out.  ( but I will remember the next elimination tournament! ).

Our ELO ranking is 139 :).  My son has promised to get above 200 this evening!  But our real ranking is Spartan Warrior 1,000,000+!!!!!!

Let me know.

• Kernel Mustard likes this

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#5 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:58 PM

I am willing and able to play on June 7, 14, 21, and 28 at 15:00 if someone needs a team member.

You don't say if this contributes to your overall rankings, etc.  If it will play a large role in the year end tournament for those at the top I would not be offended to be left out.  ( but I will remember the next elimination tournament! ).

Our ELO ranking is 139 :).  My son has promised to get above 200 this evening!  But our real ranking is Spartan Warrior 1,000,000+!!!!!!

Let me know.

Nice to see you register Scott. Other players can now contact you to convince you to join their team.

To players looking for a great teammember: Scott has an ELO that moves between 120 and 700, and is a great player (I know, he just beat me up in the Divisions).

About your question. We just opened the Questions topic

#6 Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:04 PM

I'd like to be part of this tournament.

Well, as you can see, I am still bronze, but I am able to beat a lower silver and I am a reliable team player.

I would be happy if someone want me to be part of his group!

#7 Barbe Noire

Barbe Noire

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:44 PM

Hi

I'd like participate

Barbe-Noire

• Kernel Mustard likes this

#8 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:33 PM

Willing to join. Friendly player, average ability (usually between 650-750 elo on my accounts). :)

Let me know if you want me in your team!

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#9 Kernel Mustard

Kernel Mustard

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:08 PM

1,000,000 Sparta Warrior???

LETS TEAM UP

#10 Cannan

Cannan

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:06 AM

I would want to be apart of this tournament. The first tournament for me.

I'm probably the youngest player on this tournament (12). I can beat low silvers.

I want to team up with anyone who is willing to team up with me. Thanks "The Maestro."

My availability is large.

• Barbe Noire and sevenseas like this

I was surprised when playing a game to find the opponent's flag in the front row. I would think guarded by bombs in the back row would make more sense.

#11 Kernel Mustard

Kernel Mustard

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:47 AM

Barbe Noire, Constrictor, Kernel Mustard, and Scottrussia reporting for duty!

• The Maestro, Barbe Noire, scottrussia and 4 others like this

#12 Barbe Noire

Barbe Noire

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

For me the team with kernel moustard,scottrussia and constrictor is ok.

Barbe-Noire

• Kernel Mustard and sevenseas like this

#13 SymmeTric

SymmeTric

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:42 PM

Another team is complete!!

Team Sevenseas, The Maestro, NTactical-reboot and SymmeTric will join the tournament! :)
  • The Maestro, NTactical-Reboot, Kernel Mustard and 2 others like this
There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.Ronald Reagen

#14 Cannan

Cannan

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:14 PM

Another team is complete!!

Team Sevenseas, The Maestro, NTactical-reboot and SymmeTric will join the tournament! :)

Wow...

I was surprised when playing a game to find the opponent's flag in the front row. I would think guarded by bombs in the back row would make more sense.

#15 Späher

Späher

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:13 AM

Hi, 

Mr. Smith, Cannan and Späher are team Nr. 3, searching for another playing who will join our team :)

• NTactical-Reboot, Mr. Smith and Cannan like this

#16 morias

morias

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:35 AM

HI!

I would be happy to join this tournament

morias

#17 leppie

leppie

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:30 PM

Hi i also like to join
i cane play until 26 june after THE 26 im on vecation for 2 weeks so i can not play from 26-6 until 12-7
If this is now problem i like to join team 3

Greats leppie
  • Späher, Mr. Smith and Cannan like this

#18 Cannan

Cannan

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:47 PM

Hi i also like to join
i cane play until 26 june after THE 26 im on vecation for 2 weeks so i can not play from 26-6 until 12-7
If this is now problem i like to join team 3

Greats leppie

We welcome you to our team!!! :D

#19 Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

It seems like our team is complete :)

Cannan, leppie, Späher and Mr. Smith will be group 3!

• leppie, SymmeTric, Kernel Mustard and 1 other like this

#20 leppie

leppie

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:25 PM

Team am sorry but i read i rong i that tat i cout play THE game when i whant over à week now i read that i must play on sunday and i cant play next sunday at 15gmt because i have tho work until 20 gmt so im going to pas for THE tournament

Greats leppie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users