KissMyCookie

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:49 PM

...I was able to move a bomb!  I was moving my mouse to grab my marshal and move him down one square but slipped and grabbed my bomb next to the marshal, when, to my complete shock, the bomb moved down!

You know something, Gary, you...of all people, as one of the highly esteemed moderators, must not use your Piece Revealer 6000, with Bomb Replacement Mode turned ON...this just is not done...it's just not done.  :(  :(  :(

KMC ;)  :lol:

P.S. This is a great story to share. Thank you, Gary...you made me laugh, because I know this is exactly what happened to you as you have described!  :D

Edited by KissMyCookie, 07 February 2018 - 07:50 PM.

#22 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,095 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:35 PM

Once back in the dim and dark past I played the darned computer and if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it. But I was able to move a bomb! I was moving my mouse to grab my marshal and move him down one square but slipped and grabbed my bomb next to the marshal, when, to my complete shock, the bomb moved down!

It never happened to me again but it sounds like your experience has been similar. :)

Cheating at its purest. I expect you to submit a case against yourself in the abusive behaviour section. Unless you can convince us that it was an optical illusion (and actually the marshal moved up) or that your marshal had such dense facial hair with a small pony tail at the forehead (in such a way that he looked like a bomb), I don't see any other course of action than a lifetime ban.
  • KissMyCookie and Fks like this

#23 Shane711

Shane711

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Scout

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

Well I have been trying for days to move my bombs and I can not. But the game still shuts down and goes back to the login screen without warning. So annoying. So Gary, how do I move my bombs?  :ph34r:

#24 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Captain

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:26 PM

Cheating at its purest. I expect you to submit a case against yourself in the abusive behaviour section. Unless you can convince us that it was an optical illusion (and actually the marshal moved up) or that your marshal had such dense facial hair with a small pony tail at the forehead (in such a way that he looked like a bomb), I don't see any other course of action than a lifetime ban.

Greetings and salutations, Optician! The Forum Union would like to take this matter under serious consideration as we must not allow any kind of trickery or deviousness to pervade this humble site. Unfortunately, our solicitor was arrested for being intoxicated in public while acting in a less than acceptable fashion...he managed to throw a Stratego game-board full of pieces across the pub, and it happened to hit the local justice's wife in her head. We will, however, be in touch with you...this GLS sounds a prime candidate to be investigated or to become our next official diplomat.

Cheers! Oh yes...beans on toast, and all of that! Carry on!

• Fks likes this

#25 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,484 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:40 PM

We can open a case against me for bomb moving illegally once my opponent raises the complaint. :D
  • Luckypapa and KissMyCookie like this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#26 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,484 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

The computer game is not programmed the same as the regular multiplayer game, at least in one respect. In the multiplayer game we have the HmmNess Rule where chasing is limited to 10 chasing moves. But against the computer here that rule is not in place. The computer can and does chase you forever!

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#27 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Captain

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:09 PM

We can open a case against me for bomb moving illegally once my opponent raises the complaint. :D

Thanks for a good and hearty laugh, Gary...when you hit the right note, you hit it solid and on point.  :)

KMC

#28 Shane711

Shane711

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Scout

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:53 AM

I did it again. I moved the number 4 piece diagonally up 4 rows. How? I think there is a trick to it. I still have not been able to move a bomb, only Gary can do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users