The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:10 PM

Here we will update the scored (and total)2015 TRP's after each Tournament.

Two of the Three Tournaments for 2015 have been played now, the final one will start in October.

• Jedi 2015 likes this

#2 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:21 PM

kMcosM0.jpg
  • Carlo Magno likes this

#3 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:46 PM

TRP's for 'Wintertourn'

32-64 Participants    

Tournament Winner       50                (1st)

Tournament Runner-up 40                 (2nd)

Re-hab Finalist              35                 (3rd)

RB Semi-Finalist            30                 (4th)

RB Quarter -Finalist       25                 (5-6th)

Eliminated Round 7        20                (7-8th)        

Eliminated Round 6        16                (9-12th)

Eliminated Round 5        13                (13-16th)

Eliminated Round 4        10                (17-24th)

Eliminated Round 3        7                  (25-32nd)           

Eliminated Round 2        4                  (33-48th)

Eliminated Round 1        2                  (49-64th)         

#4 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:59 PM

Any updated trp ranking available?
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#5 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,864 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:49 PM

Any news about trp points and ranking from winter tournament?
  • Aris1970 likes this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#6 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 3,503 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:58 PM

TC will shortly post the TRPs accrued for WinterTourn and the updated TRP table for the 2015-16 season.

#7 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:02 PM

I did so bad. Lost two in a row

I have no idea what that thing under my avatar is. I've always liked stickers

#8 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 3,503 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:37 PM

EZmMUYS.jpg

Above are the TRP's earned by participants in WinterTourn. The updated season standings will follow which determines division allocation to the Stratego Masters Divisions.

• cflag likes this

#9 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 3,503 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:10 PM

OfgjCfL.jpg

Above are the total TRPs earned by participants throughout the 2015/16 season.

xO5KCN1.jpg

Above are the players who declined/'skipped' invitations to MYD 2015
  • Napoleon 1er and cflag like this

#10 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 3,503 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:01 AM

The TRP table above determines player allocation to the final event of the 2015/16 season - Masters Divisions. TC are currently deciding division sizes and desired tournament duration and schedule, and will soon make an announcement.

I would like to heartily thank cflag for his tremendous work in TC as he will be moving on to pastures new and will be sorely missed, and would like to welcome in his place SymmeTric, Mr.Smith and sevenseas to TC who will all make excellent additions.

Spring Champion: Hielco
Mid Year Champion: Hielco
WinterTourn Champion: Losermaker
TRP Champion: Hielco/playa1
Stratego Masters Divisions: still to come

Prior to the Stratego Masters Divisions, there has been substantiated gossip about a TRP tie-breaker between the two leading points scorers of the season: Hielco and playa1.
  • KARAISKAKIS, Lonello, Moghedien and 3 others like this

#11 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 3,503 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:17 PM

In a dramatic twist, bragging rights between Hielco and playa1 will wait to be determined by the Stratego Masters Divisions, with the announcement expected soon.

Of course there are several other names who are planning to spoil the party...
  • sevenseas likes this

#12 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:27 PM

Yay I have 2...

I have no idea what that thing under my avatar is. I've always liked stickers

#13 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • 1,160 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:50 PM

I think the amount of points could be done better. It should be measered in percentage of the amount of points that player was able to get. 

Nortrom for example, participated in 1 tournament and won it, but isn't it ridiculous to ask Nortrom to join Division 2? He deserves to be in D1. Ofcourse you want to stimulate people to join all the tourney's but some of the people have busy lives and just can't join them all. Why should they be punished?

For example take Hielco:

134 of the possible 168 points, that gives him a percentage of: 79.8%

Nortrom for exampe: 50/68 -> 73.5% 

Don't you agree that this is a more fair system? Nortrom deserves to play in D1 and this system does him more right. 

Ps: i agree that if one gets really far in a tourney he/she can decide to not play in the other tourneys to make it to division 1, but the percentage is only that high if you finish in top 3 for example.  

Edited by maxroelofs, 21 January 2016 - 11:31 PM.

• --Wogomite--, sevenseas and Moriarty like this
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#14 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 3,503 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:35 PM

There are certainly some big weaknesses in the current system, which TC are aware of - In fact we are are currently discussing a complete review of how division allocations will work for next season, which will result in a much fairer system. I don't feel we can retroactively install any new measures to take effect in the current season as this would be unfair to others. But rest assured that there are planned changes which will prevent the problems that you mention above from occurring in the future.

• maxroelofs likes this

#15 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:46 PM

The fact that players are ranked based on their performance in a small number of games based on a random seeding is the biggest problem with the current system. This is less of an issue for the first division but a big problem after that.

3 - 0

#16 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:51 PM

According to the MaxRoelofs proposal :
Losemaker 50/50 means 100%
Enigma  89%  
Nortrom 73,5
King tubby 53% - Napoleon1er 36,9%  - The Maestro 14%

Don't you agree that this is a more fair system? :)

if a participant has a high ranking in a tournament , it is simple he will not participate in the next tournament .
Nortrom (or Losemaker, or . or) did n't participated in all tournaments !
I m sorry, should be not rewarded them for this !
The first criterion for choosing of participants players in a tournament is the player how is will be diligent
eg. I think that , Nortrom (as WC online team) prefers players to play all matches (rounds) and not to give up in the middle of the tournament (WC).

• Hielco and maxroelofs like this

#17 Losermaker

Losermaker

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,018 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:07 AM

yes, it would have to go off something like at least 2 tournaments a year for the % system to work. I believe 2 tourneys a year is diligent participation.

@Aris: You are right that if a player participates in all tournaments, they should be rewarded. But if one does not participate in all tournaments, which I am sure many cant, they should not be punished for it either.

Edited by Losermaker, 21 January 2016 - 02:52 AM.

• Lonello and maxroelofs like this

#18 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,809 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:20 AM

Mainly agree with Aris, while max might have a point, no one prevented me ( or anyone else for that matter ) from signing up and participating. The rules were clear from the beginning, no need to bend them now the results are not as "desired".

Have to keep in mind that some players who directly qualify for D1 might not even sign up, so there is still hope for both of us, max ;)
  • maxroelofs and scottrussia like this

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

#19 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:56 AM

I agree both Losermaker and Nortrom are first rate D1 players... in fact, Losermaker beat me in the last tourney ;). I think if someone wins any pre tourney, he should be automatically be qualified for D1. That should speak for itself.

I do agree with TheOptician though that we can not retroactively install any new measures to take effect in the current season. For one, I was animated big time to join the Wintertourney by TC, as they warned me my 6th spot in latest D1 did not suffice. There was no degradation of, for instance, the last 2 to 4 of the latest D1. But all was simply set up for points. So in the end I accepted and earned some more points.

That is indeed not to say I won't give up my spot if that would mean Losermaker or Nortrom joining now. Nortrom is right many can still waver their rights.

So Nortrom is right: no one prevented any of us from signing up and participating in all the tourneys... in fact TC much animated that... it must be one of the reasons they awarded such low points for 1 tourney win. They set it up not to suffice for next D1. You really are forced to play more than that now.

In any case it's nice to read these problems will be prevented by TC in the future. I say no difficult %'s but simply that tourneywinners are qualified, and a certain top of the last D1 is too, as they have proven their worthyness already (Nortrom for instance would have been already qualified automatically... he wins nearly every D1 of latest years so it is quite ridiculous he wouldn't be qualified now)... meaning some sort of degradation/promotion cycle... but still allowing new players to join too.

Lo

#20 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 3,503 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:31 AM

It is good to hear the opinions of the players on this subject. Given that TC are discussing this now, we are thankful to hear criticisms of the current system and suggestions for the future. I'd like to reiterate however that there will be no retroactive effects of any decisions.

Among the proposals currently being considered by TC as qualification criteria (for NEXT season) are:

- Outstanding performance in one tournament rewarded - eg Top 4 Finishers in each tournament

(This avoids the recurrence of the situation where a tournament winner or top performer eg Losermaker misses out on qualification. It also allows for players new to tournaments late in the year to stand a reasonable chance of qualifying if they impress)

- The ability for players to count their top 2 TRP performances , as opposed to simply totalling all TRPS won.

(This would reduce the effects of an 'unlucky draw' for a participant in a particular tournament)

- The possibility of qualifying criteria external to tournaments run by TC (for example, outstanding performance in WCO)

We are also discussing:

Tournament Type (eg Divisions, Single/Double Elimination, Champions League, Other)

Tournament Schedule

Possible Seeding Criteria (eg Historical Performance, ELO/Kleier Ranking)

------------------------

Seeing as there is a little confusion in regards to current division allocation for the current Masters Divisions 2015/16, I refer you to the last published criteria on this subject (with a detailed analysis by TheMaestro) posted here:

http://forum.strateg...9257#entry39257

• Lonello likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users