dmt kingpin

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Scout

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:59 AM

i get it you get a 5 minute buffer time per match let that time run out you lose ok get that now when your turn starts you get 15 seconds to move failing to move in that time your buffer time starts ticking get it now sometimes the turn time starts with less than 15 seconds why and sometimes even if i move befor the turn time expires i still lose buffer time why and i have even had my buffer time start ticking down as soon as my turn starts not giving me any time to make a move without loosing buffer time who can clarify this mess for me please and thank you

#2 Chewtoy

Chewtoy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:05 PM

Punctuation can be your friend :)

• GaryLShelton, Sgt. Blkdog, sevenseas and 1 other like this

Terror made me cruel. 

#3 dmt kingpin

dmt kingpin

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Scout

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:04 PM

Punctuation can be your friend :)

what kind of answer is that i am kinda gettin upset gonna lose my cool nobody got answers just bs to say

• Cannan likes this

#4 Mitthunder

Mitthunder

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:10 AM

Looks like a poor internet connection

#5 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:43 AM

Probably is weak WIFI signal indeed.  I get that time to time too.  You can tell you have no connection to site if you can't do anything within the chat lobby or try clicking on the options button in lower left if that does nothing you know you have no signal.  When this happens, you need to figure how to strengthen it by either connecting to router with Ethernet cable or move closer to router.  In some extreme cases, you may need to get an stronger router or an extender because you have too many computers, cell phone or computer pads connected and its slowing down your internet.  Typically when I get weak signal, I just move to another room and then I see that my opponent has moved and regained connection.  

Anytime you feel its odd that your opponent is taking too long for a move, test to see if you have connection because the program will make it appear with his buffer counting down he is not doing anything when its really you. 

• GaryLShelton likes this

#6 nopuno

nopuno

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Scout

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:59 PM

New to the game.  I wasn't aware of the significance of the buffer time.  Just had this tactic done to me.  My opponent used up almost all of the buffer time on his very first move.  A few moves later, I lose the match because the buffer time runs out during my move. 

Any fixes or patches in the works so that each player has their own buffer time to use so that these kind of tactics are eliminated.

#7 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,372 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:28 AM

i get it you get a 5 minute buffer time per match let that time run out you lose ok get that now when your turn starts you get 15 seconds to move failing to move in that time your buffer time starts ticking get it now sometimes the turn time starts with less than 15 seconds why and sometimes even if i move befor the turn time expires i still lose buffer time why and i have even had my buffer time start ticking down as soon as my turn starts not giving me any time to make a move without loosing buffer time who can clarify this mess for me please and thank you

Please learn how to punctuate sentences. :)

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#8 Sgt. Blkdog

Sgt. Blkdog

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:53 AM

New to the game.  I wasn't aware of the significance of the buffer time.  Just had this tactic done to me.  My opponent used up almost all of the buffer time on his very first move.  A few moves later, I lose the match because the buffer time runs out during my move. 

Any fixes or patches in the works so that each player has their own buffer time to use so that these kind of tactics are eliminated.

each player does have their own 5 minute buffer

Wuf!

#9 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:15 AM

happens to me to. It is internet. When the opponent move lags, it actually takes away from your buffer sometimes

I have no idea what that thing under my avatar is. I've always liked stickers

#10 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:42 AM

Please learn

Please learn how to quote better :).

(You're reacting to a year's old post and use the total post in quoting...)

• GaryLShelton likes this
Lo

#11 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,750 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:17 PM

Probably is weak WIFI signal indeed. I get that time to time too. You can tell you have no connection to site if you can't do anything within the chat lobby or try clicking on the options button in lower left if that does nothing you know you have no signal. When this happens, you need to figure how to strengthen it by either connecting to router with Ethernet cable or move closer to router. In some extreme cases, you may need to get an stronger router or an extender because you have too many computers, cell phone or computer pads connected and its slowing down your internet. Typically when I get weak signal, I just move to another room and then I see that my opponent has moved and regained connection.

Anytime you feel its odd that your opponent is taking too long for a move, test to see if you have connection because the program will make it appear with his buffer counting down he is not doing anything when its really you.

You're going to be able to get me on this one, too, Lo. :D

But this is an excellent post by Midnightguy. It's likely the problem with both the originator of this thread, dmt kingpin (who no longer appears active), and the very recent nopuno, who reopened the thread.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#12 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,372 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 13 April 2016 - 08:48 PM

Please learn how to quote better :).

I think it was nessessary to quote the whole post in order for one to understand why I was posted what I did. :)

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users