HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

Alright guys, I have some good news.  I spoke to one of the Devs and they are in the process of adding the disconnect / reconnect feature.  This will allow players to reconnect to a game when they get disconnected. 

They are also changing the amount of draws and pauses you can ask for to 3, instead of allowing unlimited draws and pauses to be prompted.  This will fix the draw glitch problem that cheaters have been using lately to freeze their opponent’s screens.

Next on the list should be the anti-chase stuff.  Trying to add a reconnect feature has caused some problems, so it seems like adding these features are taking a little bit more time than anticipated.  The forums are helping and I want you all to continue to speak up about other bugs. 

Keep up the good work.

HmmNess

• Midnightguy, vowles_23, Lady Kathryn and 1 other like this
Posted Image

#2 varishnakov

varishnakov

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

So now if someone keeps refusing draw offers even though there is no way for either side to win, one of the players will definitely have to take the loss?

I have quit the site until the cheating players are dealt with.

#3 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

As of now Yes.  This is why I have created a post that will fix this.  The automatic draw post you can find on the forums under feature requests.  I am just happy this glitch will be fixed.  We will get the auto draw feature in later.

HmmNess

Posted Image

#4 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

When will the change be implemented Hmmmnesss?
I hope asap.
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#5 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

Not sure, I was only informed that they are working on it.

Da Ness

Posted Image

#6 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

Glad to hear they are making progress the programmers.  I would hope the auto draw will be added soon because, if someone refuses to accept my three offers to draw game, game will go on forever until either he or I get tired and quit. 

#7 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

for sure, I'll bring that up next time I talk to them.

Posted Image

#8 Lord_AvS

Lord_AvS

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

Great, hopeful this solves most of the dissatisfaction of the community!

Nothing's good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

#9 obeythemaster

obeythemaster

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

the problem with the 3 times tie can be easily fixed, u can ask in the chat if he wants a draw before you request it or the limit of 3x time you rewuest a draw can be reset every 100 moves

#10 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

I still think an automatic draw should be in play.  Players still have the option to continue to decline the draws and just move back and forth forever until one player has had enough and quits.  To prevent this from occurring, we need the software to determine when the match is over without having to use a moderator for each game.

HmmNess

Posted Image

#11 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

I think that the Anti-Chasing feature should be implemented before the Auto Draw feature.  It is much simpler to do and there are many more variables with the Auto Draw debate.  Besides, if Anti-Chasing is enacted first, it could change the game dynamics so that more opportunities open up for wins.  So I say after the chasing is fixed, then work on the draw.  People talking about an hour, even 3 hours of chasing...it's a serious issue that can be dealt with easier than the Auto Draw.

Posted Image
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/
Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#12 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Honorary members
  • 7,050 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Does the draw request, whether limited to 3 times or not, have a confirmation question following it in case it is accepted accidentally? 

Posted Image
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/
Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#13 Ash0rz

Ash0rz

Scout

• Stratego Staff
  • 78 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

When you click the draw icon you will be asked if you are sure you want to propose a tie (with the # of request you can still send).

If you agree to this then the opponent receives your request and if he clicks "accept tie" then the match will end in a tie.

#14 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Honorary members
  • 7,050 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

Ash, I know I've stated this elsewhere recently, but there should DEFINITELY be a confirmation question to the player deciding to accept the proposal.  That you have a confirmation question for the one proposing the tie shows a concern for the player using up one of his tie requests, and that is good.  But what about the concern for the player who has tangible ELO points to lose if he accidentally answers wrongly to accept a tie when he is winning?  Why aren't we protecting him?  When games are in progress the tension is so high that, in my humble opinion, we need to cut the proposed-to players some slack and help protect against the travesty of the cheap tie request being accidentally accepted by them.  

If I am way behind in material but can propose a tie request three times, then that is three times during the tensest moments I can find that I'm going to have to possibly pull off a coup and draw something I should by rights lose. Let's protect everyone from this problem by installing the confirmation question to the tie request.  Thank you.  GLS

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users