Diedes

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Heey, if you finnished a battle, it sometimes would be pleasent to have an rematch against your opponent, would it be an idea to add a rematch button? Thanks.

#2 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

This has been talked abot in the past.  I would like a rematch button yes.  I would also like the CHAT BOX to overlap the game results.  Sometimes you cant really see what the player is typing if you are using low res on your monitor.  (IE 4 year old Laptop with only 1600 res.)

HmmNess

• vowles_23 likes this
Posted Image

#3 SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

I agree with chat box, disagree with rematch. Smart matching only.

#4 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

I see nothing wrong with a rematch and would support it.  There are some players who truly enjoyed the match they had against once another and would like to play again.  Why force them to have to have to click on find a match button and likely to get someone else for next match?  Let them have that option if they want it. 

#5 varishnakov

varishnakov

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

The opposition to that is because of the possiblity of two players continuously playing each other and padding their stats.

I have quit the site until the cheating players are dealt with.

#6 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

I could see abuse here..ok here is how it would work.  1) Both players would have to agree that one will throw the games 2) They will have to hope that random matches will let them face each other...if not the guy who wants the higher rating will have to face other players until randomizer gets them a game 3) The guy who wants to win all thet i matches would soon enough get a higher rating from the lower rater throwing game but by then the winner only gets 1 point. 4) Play 100s of games in a row in a rematch setting you can easily tell who is abusing the system having hundred to thousands of win and barely have any rating points that high that would match winning that many games in a row....

Disgusting that this would happen

#7 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,098 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

If we currently want a rematch, I believe it can be done by friending your opponent, and then inviting them to a second match.  Whether this allows a "cheat" of some kind I do not know.  I have never invited a friend to a game like that.  

A rematch button is interesting, but perhaps all rematches needs to be for zero points?  Let's give ranking points only to computer generated matches.  Would Spiff object to this line of thinking?  

Continuing, if someone wants to divulge themselves to an opponent whom they will possibly find computer matched with again in the future--because they are of similar ranks--hey, I say let 'em.  It's the first-game-winner's loss to allow his opponent to be able to study him a second time in my mind.  But if someone wants to do it, let's let 'em, only just make the whole thing of no points.  By making rematches worth zero points, I don't see why anyone would want to "cheat" where they cannot gain from it.

The one thing I want to say is that I have SEVERAL TIMES been computer matched with the exact same opponent right after we have finished a game.  I click to try my luck again and, BAM, it's the same guy I just played.  Has anyone else experienced this?  In each of those cases, the games were split, as I recall.  So someone definitely learns in the deal.  

If I had my way, I would program the computer to NEVER AUTOMATICALLY give a REMATCH to opponents as I have described.  

Posted Image
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/
Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users