vegas

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

I would like to view more in-depth stats.  For example, I would like to view all my game results history, and also view my history by each opponent.  When I enter a game, I would like to be able to see how many times we played, and who won, etc.  The more stats, the better.  And i would not like my opponents to view lots of stats about my game history, but I would like to view my own stats about my own account.

Thoughts?

#2 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

Stats I think would be ok.  Being able to see how many times you have played a player and how many times you have won/loss/drew, would be ok in my book.  It would also be ok for other players to view your game history the same way. 

The only problem I have with viewing history is being able to record old games you have played.  You could then go back and study your opponent and their setups.  This would give you a database of how players play, and IMO would be bad for the overall game.

If you just want to see your stats and nothing else, I don’t see anything wrong with it.

HmmNess

Posted Image

#3 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

This would give you a database of how players play, and IMO would be bad for the overall game.

Personally I won't mind if you could replay all your matches from before.
Yes, you can study your opponent and completely analyse his way of play but that makes it more serious as well. And let's be honest,...after a time you automatically know which opponent likes to play on which way. Like this, more opponents will seriously analyze their matches and this will bring a higher level of play I think.
I know you can watch complete games from top players as outsiders on Metaforge.
Like this, you can also study the moves of a certain player.
It also means that you have to adapt yourself all the time if you're a regular top player.
So there's constant movement and you have to prepare more for battles.

I'm in favour of this. I think all people should be able to watch battles from other people and it's also nice to see past matches from your opponent.
With those options, you'll always have to be ready to have a surprising element in your army for every time you play. You can't risk to play with the same set-up, you gotta re-invent yourself the whole time.
It gives a new dimension to the game.

If i could see all the matches from Spiff, damn,....I'd study every detail of it so I finally know how he does it every time. :)
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#4 vegas

vegas

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

The idea of spectating other players' matches is intriguing.  However, I am not sure I am keen on the idea of other players studying me before or while not playing against me.

#5 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

I would be in favor of listing past game by your oppoents and have it display what the result was and how it ended.  The previous site I played at onlinestratego displayed all past games, if you won or lost, if flag was captured, if game ended in a surrender or someone timed out.  However, I think just displaying if you captured flag or not would be good enough to say how game ended.

#6 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,892 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Having detailed stats would be fantastic!  It is the number one thing I see that is missing from the site.    

As a Newbie here, even I recognize names I've played before and often neither one of us can remember who won the last time.  Stats would be very nice and encouraging to more participation in the site, in my opinion.  I mean, if I knew that I was down 0-2 to XYZ player in the stats, I'd try to play it even.  Right now I've probably forgotten the outcomes of most of my 80 some matches.  

Posted Image
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/
Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users