pantelis114

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Spy

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Why is there are so many losers that like to win by default when the time runs out due to a MALFUNCTION?

I kindly asked to tie because the game froze and this jackass declined said it would hurt his rankings.

There needs to be 0 points deducted when there is a tie due to a game error.

• vegas likes this

Have a Blessed Day!

#2 varishnakov

varishnakov

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

I think the best course of action is to learn to freeze the game yourself so you can get some points back.

I have quit the site until the cheating players are dealt with.

#3 pantelis114

pantelis114

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Spy

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Like how?

I was frozen and fieldmarshal would not accept a tie that i propsed.

some people are just sore winners

that take easy points

Have a Blessed Day!

#4 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

It's a touchy situation.  I agree with the principle but, I played on many game sites where if you expect someone to do the right thing, they'll just win and run.  I once played on a card game site where the site was so flawed, you could quit on the last card when you are ready to lose and won't suffer a loss to your rating but get a "shame on you" one incomplete on your record.  I kid you not there was a guy who had a 1000 perfect wins no his record but, he had over 250 incompletes!   I landed up quitting that site because of that because I never would quit my game and take my loss as a man, but so many people wouldn't do that and I got no credit for my win. 

I would still probably offer a draw to your situation because it is the right thing to do, but I know if I faced others on this site, they'll be "too bad".    Let's just hope the site corrects whatever the issues are that are causing you not to finish your game and you won't be forced to hope for a drawn situation. 

#5 Designated Baby

Designated Baby

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

It would depend on the situation for me. If it malfunctions and I am up heavy material or close to getting his flag, I will not accept a draw because I feel I would have won anyway.
In other situations I would accept the draw.

• Midnightguy likes this

gg

#6 Hardstyle

Hardstyle

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

It happened to me once, but it was my opponents that freezed. The game was only starting but he had a so so ratio and a small rank so I was 75% sure to win. He asked me for a draw but it really disgusted me to get a draw and loose ranking because of a freeze on his side. He finally surrender saying I was some kind of ♥♥♥♥, but I think I wasn't supposed to get punished because of the unluck of someone else. By the way I've got a lot of bug and when I couldn't continue playing or was disconnect I take it on me.

Just imagine if you play a game and then the guy has just an internet problem and get disconnected. Counting it as a draw (and loosing rank) would be unbelievable.

#7 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

How about if the game is under say 10 moves for example, we offer an abandon game feature?  This would be a "no harm no foul" and if someone's game doesn't load right or they can't make a move.  This is better than expecting someone who has a higher rating to accept a draw and drop in rating because someone else game didn't work right. 

#8 Designated Baby

Designated Baby

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

Make it under 2 moves then.

But, wait that would be the same as a "decline game" feature that many players have been vehemently against.

gg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users