Photo

Chasers & Draw Glitchers! When will this issue be resolved?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#21 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

If the site isn't going to deal with these bug issues, then we the players won't be happy.  If you don't have happy players, then they start to quit and play on other sites or go play a different game.  Get enough players who bolt from a site, then you have no players.  Of course if you have no players, then all this work is for nothing.  Why go through all the time to make a site that has outstanding graphics and has the chance to be one of the best gaming sites out there and just not care about what the players of the site thinks of their product or believe we are wasting our time here speaking up here? 

It's time that all the regulars on this site:  top rated players to the lower rated players who love to play here to speak up and let it be known what this site needs to do to keep your loyalty here.  Everyone's input is needed here for this to work. 

• vowles_23 likes this

#22 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

Midnightguy,

I agree that more players need to do their duty and speak up about all bug / glitch related issues.

HmmNess

Posted Image

#23 vowles_23

vowles_23

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

Midnightguy,

I agree that more players need to do their duty and speak up about all bug / glitch related issues.

HmmNess

I've submitted three bugs that I've found on the 'Bugs' forum and not one was posted. Were these noted and read by admins, or completely ignored?

vowles_23

chesscom_badge_468x60_s.gif

#24 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Vowles_23,

I see these bugs that have not yet been Approved and I leave them there for the Devs.  They are the ones who are going to deal with fixing them.  So, it seems as though they haven't had time to read all the posts IMO.

HmmNess

• vowles_23 likes this
Posted Image

#25 vowles_23

vowles_23

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Vowles_23,

I see these bugs that have not yet been Approved and I leave them there for the Devs.  They are the ones who are going to deal with fixing them.  So, it seems as though they haven't had time to read all the posts IMO.

HmmNess

Okay, cool, thanks. Was just wondering about them.

vowles_23

chesscom_badge_468x60_s.gif

#26 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Ya, I could mark them as "Read" or "Approved,"  but then I believe they might get overlooked by the Devs.

HmmNess

Posted Image

#27 cuffdawg

cuffdawg

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

i also posted some new bugs and issue, as i am new to this game i read the rules, and it seems this online version dont work as intended, so need fixs for that, then need fixs for all the broken stuff.

#28 cuffdawg

cuffdawg

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

i meant to say i started new topics, they havent appeared and its been like a week :/
and my rank dont match, just aswell i dont take this to seriously

#29 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

your rank can be changed by logging out and logging back in.  As for the bugs, I keep them "Unapproved" for the devs to take a look at.

HmmNess

Posted Image

#30 TheeeMarshall

TheeeMarshall

Spy

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

this is a joke right?

why do people have to keep "voicing their displeasure" with the chasers and draw/time out players in order for it to be fixed?

Are the dev's at stratego.com this stupid or ignorant?

Is there anyone here that even represents this group of incompetent people behind the curtains?

The positives of this place are so far behind the negatives its to the point where who gives a fvck what is said or done here (by a player).

Hmmmnesss you are a mod? what for? A moderator is one who steps in to settle disputes, concerns, etc yet Stratego.com provides a framework for experiencing ONLY disputes, problems, etc.

As a mod, can you go back and award someone who was victimized by a time out glitch a win? and give that person who performed the time out glitch a loss? NO

As a mod, can you enter games when chasing is occurring to tell the chaser to quit it or he gets a loss? NO?

I'm not blaming you perse, because from what i can tell, stratego.com doesn't even have these friggin capabilities, which is so pathetic.

#31 TheeeMarshall

TheeeMarshall

Spy

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Midnightguy,

HmmNess

Get the fug outta here man. The amount of players who have reported it suffices. Have the dev's never actually played their own game to see the problem? This response is just ignorant.

#32 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

TheeeeMarshall,...perhaps it's not necessary to have such a big mouth?
We all know about the glitch and bugissues.
Hmmmnesss and Midnightguy are two fair regular players who try to do something at least.
What do you do?
I don't know what Hmmmnesss his moderatorship is all about but I'm pretty sure he's a fair decent player who just wants to see the site improving.
He's one of the guys that actually cares. He's maybe not part of the staff but he volunteered to help the staff in their Stratego-project which they totally underestimated.
It's always easy to scream and critisize near the sidelines but that doesn't bring you any further.
These are problems of the site itself and it's their responsability to cope with it.
What else should players do then?
He offered his help, he points the problems on this forum, he's socially engaged to be a voice in name of many players on this site.
The same for Midnightguy. I have nothing but respect for both of them.
At least they do something.
The only thing you do is nagging against two well respected members here.

But yeah, what do I know right,.....in your eyes I'm just a "fcknugget" remember :)

Just take it easy man.
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#33 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Well, thanks for backing us up trickz.  ThreeMarshall, if you are not here to help, then I would just move on brother.  We are doing what we can.  I was appointed to be a mod for the forums only.  On top of that, I do not have the authority to change anything myself when it comes to a player's account.  The reason that I was appointed to be a mod, is because I have recently done some work for the site, ( sound effects.)  Other than that, I'm just another player that can take care of the forums if I wish.

All in all, we really don't need the type of negativity that you are displaying.  You make it seem like it's time to leave the site since it will never get fixed.  I hear you, and I have felt that way before too, but giving up because of those of situations such as this one, has bothered me in the past.  This site can be great, we just need the proper support from the devs.  I guess what I’m trying to say, is I will most likely stick around and try to make things better unless the whole ship sinks. 

HmmNess

Posted Image

#34 Lord_AvS

Lord_AvS

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

This site has a lot of potential and in that way it's great that players like HmmNess here give feedback to get the site improved. There has already a lot been improved since the beta started almost a year ago. Unfortunately a lot of critical issues are not fixed. I have absolutely no understanding in the IT behind a site so i can't judge or the developers have done enough, so i give them the advantage of doubt.

Indeed Marshall, you can ask yourself or the devs are stupid or ignorant that still not all critical issues get fixed. Because your would expect them to know their own game and they understand that a satisfied community is the right to exist for a internet-game. Perhaps that's one of the reason's why things are still this way? You can sure blame the people behind the game that there is totally no communication to their community and that's their biggest mistake for months! This has still not been punished by the community so there is much opportunity to improve this... Perhaps it's better to hire some business people cause i get the impression they are not on this.

Nothing's good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

#35 Guest_Number 3_*

Guest_Number 3_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

Guess the devs got way too demotivated by all these negative posts and whiners. Shut the *** up everyone about this, since it will not, I repeat NOT, contribute to faster resolvement of this issue.

Go play. Go Play Stratego. Facing a cheater? Just quit the game and start a new one against someone else. "Oh my god, my rating will drop!!!" Uhh, who cares?.... Are you guys playing the game for your ranking, or because you like a good game Stratego?

Until the glitches are fixed, ranking is not representative, so do not care about it! Enjoy another game. Let the cheaters get to the top, since that makes them easily identifiable. They get turned on by that? ♥♥♥♥ them, nobody cares.

Once the glitches are fixed, the real competition starts for those who are interested. Until then, all of your ranks are worthless. So just quit a cheaters game, and let them be their lonely selves.

Grow up.

#36 SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

WRONG! Communication is essential if this site is to help itself and the forum is one of only 2 ways the player community can communicate to site managers to inform them of the things that MUST be fixed for this site to be successful.

And WRONG, people don't come here to lose to cheaters - the spirit of Stratego is to fight for the win on a fair battle field. This is not a place to just say "so what, who cares?" - that's the attitude of a player that doesn't have the skills to be competitive and uses apathy as a coping mechanism. Strange if that works for you - I choose not to wave the white flag to cheaters!

Fix the site!

#37 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

I think the majority of the active community agrees that we must speak out if we want the game to be fixed.  Anyone that disagrees with the majority vote can keep their opinion, but really... how are you helping in any: way, shape or form by calling us stupid for informing the Devs that things are broken, and these things need to be fixed 1st.

You tell us we are wasting our time, fine, that is your opinion.  But we believe this site can be great if it is fixed, so we are trying to push the devs to fix the more important bugs 1st.  If you want to say we are stupid or wasting our time for that, we really don't need you to participate on the forums.  It's that simple.  You said what you had to say and your statements are not helping the cause at all.  So next time you speak on us wasting our time for speaking out, I'm going to have to just delete your post.  Quite frankly, you are wasting our time by dragging us down and misdirecting our attention to something very passive like "shutting up about the issues on this site and waiting for the magical cure of time to fix the problems."

The community sends information to the Devs which allows the Devs to come up with a solution.

HmmNess

Posted Image

#38 Guest_Number 3_*

Guest_Number 3_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Really?!  :lol:

OK, so you're telling me that by all crying out loud, the site is doing something they wouldn't usually already have done anyway? Hahaha. Then is seems like you're all blindfolded. From what I can see: several months of crying about a bunch of issues hasn't led to any resolvement nor response from the site. Nice community man! I just think that it works the other way around this time; the team got way too demotivated by all of you: this is a free site without ads; do not forget that.

Furthermore, how can rankings be of any worth to you when there is such an easy way to cheat? Right, it's worthless. It's not an excuse by me, since I agree the competition starts when the bugs are fixed. Until then, take it or leave it; that was my point.

You want to censor me? Fine. I'm not going to waste anymore time convincing, since most people who come to this forum come there to complain. Good luck with eachother! I really hope the devs do not come here, since it would tell them all things they already know while only getting demotivated by a bunch of whiners.

#39 justinhayward

justinhayward

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

We all now that their is a bug in the 3-2 square rule. At this moment I hate high ranked players who still want to win a piece cause of this bug. I just played a player named, Ican c ur pieces, with a rank of 595. And what do you think happens, in the middle of the game when he is in little disadvantage, he surprised me, makes advantage of the bug, is able to take a piece and later on the match.

#40 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

We all now that their is a bug in the 3-2 square rule. At this moment I hate high ranked players who still want to win a piece cause of this bug. I just played a player named, Ican c ur pieces, with a rank of 595. And what do you think happens, in the middle of the game when he is in little disadvantage, he surprised me, makes advantage of the bug, is able to take a piece and later on the match.

The 2-square rule is not a bug.
It's a rule implemented by the ISF and it replaced the 5 move-rule.
You can argue about this rule (many players have done this, including myself) but someone who exploits this rule can't be called a cheater.
This rule is known for several years now and is also the official rule in live tournaments.
Metaforge use this rule, this site as well.

Why would this rule give you the disadvantage by the way?
You can cheat your way out, no? Just spam the sucker with draw-and pauserequests like you always do :)

Hypocrite,...complaining about other guys that are so called "cheaters" while mister Justin himself is the real cheater. If it's not in your advantage, then the people are cheaters but if it's the other way around (where real cheating is actually involved), then you deny everything.

You're a disgrace.
And if I have to play you again, you can be sure that I spam the requests from move 1, without a doubt.
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users