Photo

Chasers & Draw Glitchers! When will this issue be resolved?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

Ok, so what on earth is going on with the anti-chase rule being implemented?  I was just chased for 1 hour and 20 minutes by BertVlieger.  This has been going on for way too long and is completely ridiculous.  I have proposed a solution, so what’s going on with implementing the solution in game? 

Many people complain about this issue and the Draw Glitch issue, but it seems as though the forums are useless for complaining about these cheats.  Enough is enough!  These are MAJOR glitches that needs to be resolved ASAP.  I know the Devs are busy with other bugs and the IPAD version, but really… how long has it been since I proposed a solution and got many people to vote for it?

This is one of the reasons why I don’t keep track of the forums anymore.  It seems like Player’s opinions on issues such as these are ignored.  By not resolving these issues, you are allowing cheaters to run amuck and ruin the game, while pushing away good honest players from this website.

HmmNess

• vowles_23, Lt. Jones and varishnakov like this
Posted Image

#2 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Hmmmness, look at the post of Karen Green, one of the dev's in anti chase topic.
The best thing you can do is to send her an email with optional proof attachment from your game .
Untill that time, it's waiting...

Btw, under which account do you play now if I may ask?
People say you're Roadblock, true?

Grtz
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#3 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

Hmmness I don't for one minute hold you accountable for the bug glitches on this site.  We need you here to still be a voice of the players to the programmers.  We are as frustrated as you are with the bugs going on with this site, but we aren't trained to create computer codes for the site.  We don't know what is involved to fix this error or how much time is needed.  We must remember these programmers probably have a day time job doing their career job and they do this in their free time.  I'm certain the draw bug is number one on their "to do list". 

With all this mind Hmmness, don't give up on the forum.  You are a voice for the site and your input is needed to shape the forum as a constructive place to exchange ideas and thoughts. 

#4 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for the support Midnightguy, I'm just a little frustrated.

Posted Image

#5 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

You're back in the ranking Hmmmnesss?
I thought your name was deleted but apparantly just inactive for a time.
Weird stuff :)

#6 varishnakov

varishnakov

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Yes, it is ridiculous, The cheaters are winning every game. Yesterday I played someone who had a higher piece next to my lower piece in two different areas and so he would move between 2 squares with one of them and then when he couldn't anymore he would do it with the other and then do it again with the first.
The only way to resolve this type of cheating would be something you also already suggested, the number of moves without a capture. With or without miners on the board.

I even offered a draw, but he would not accept it. He simply wanted to keep doing it until I got tired of it and won. I have a life outside of stratego and I feel it is not a good use of my time to deal with this socially outcast anonymous men who care more about ELO points on a stratego site than about being a decent person. That is why I have resolved to not play another game until the issues are dealt with.

I have quit the site until the cheating players are dealt with.

#7 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

We all hate those people but there's nothing that can be done for the moment.
If you quit playing because of those cheaters,...then it's even more sad.
I'm not going away because of those people. That's exactly what they want,...less competition and more people who do what they like,....surrendering pawns and surrendering games.
I won't surrender and I will never negotiate with cheaters.
I'll keep on ignoring their spamming requests and I'll keep on avoiding their endless chases.
They want it hardcore,......then they can get it hardcore.
If you don't listen to them, after a time,.....they will stop.
Just gotta have a little patience I guess :)

#8 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Trickz,

I basically had my stats reset and I started over.  I have been working to build my rating back up.

Varishnakov,

I totally feel your pain brother, but I have to agree with trickz on this issue.  I feel that by allowing cheaters to take the win or take my piece, that I am condoning their actions.  This action will only allow more chaos and more cheaters to run amuck on the website.  If we, as a community, don’t stop them from misbehaving, then who will?  The cheaters need to be put in their place.  This is the only reason I played BertVlieger for 1 hour and 20 minutes, otherwise I would have just walked away as you suggested.

HmmNess

Posted Image

#9 Lord_AvS

Lord_AvS

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

This is indeed a issue which is there for a long time. But the devs are working on it and we don't know how hard it is to fix it. So please be patient and it will be fixed! Or just try in the mean time to decrease the time you play stratego, might help reduce your frustration, which is completely understandable. I know you get tired of it, and so do i. But this issue won't get any faster solved by complaining on the fora why it haven't been fixed yet.

I've had many people to trying to get win on this. But since a while i am persistent and won't give up. Perhaps also easier for me cause i don't play many games a week. So after someone chased me for 15 minutes (higher rank) and tried to utilize the draw/pause glitch he gave up and continued the game normally, in which i had a advantage and won.

• Midnightguy likes this

Nothing's good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

#10 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Trickz, 
I basically had my stats reset and I started over.  I have been working to build my rating back up.

I don't understand this lol.......so you were not visible on the ranking ladders because your stats were resetted.
And suddenly out of nothing you're back with your name and over 500 games.....that's not a reset I think?
You really started from zero games up to now?
Maybe a reset means that your account was inactive and also invisible?

Haven't seen you for weeks and two days ago I saw your name suddenly back in the ranking.
Weird stuff dude haha :)

#11 SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

Trickz -
I believe HmmNess rating was reset to 100 but his wins/losses remained the same. HmmNess can verify.

HmmNess -
If you look at the original now-locked cheaters forum thread, you will see Karen's 'response'. Pretty disappointing to me as she fails to address any of the issues raised on the forum and essentially just tells us to play nice in the sandbox so we won't be a burden on her and the development team. I think the problem here is we are dealing with a bunch of developers who really have no strategy as to how to manage an online Stratego site/community - just a bunch of pony-tailed, flip-flop wearing coders who hack out code. I'd bet that many of them didn't have much experience with Stratego (the game) to begin with and therefore had no strategy or way of anticipating chasing and bug exploitation. Until they take it seriously and put a strategy in place, this site will always be in the minor leagues as compared to less flashy but highly functional sites such as Metaforge where they KNOW Stratego and have moderators available to deal with issues that will inevitably come up in the game.

Spiff

#12 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

Oh, his elo rating was resetted. Then it makes sense indeed.

I played on Metaforge for only a short time, simply because I just didn't like it there.
Too much options, unclear, complex, chaotic, I dunno,...it was just a lot of things to find out before I could simply play a game. Maybe I would have liked it if I wasn't too lazy to find all those things out.

Although I do understand Spiff's point in this.
The positive aspects of this site don't hold up against the negative aspects.
If it's commonly known that this site is a cheater's paradise, then it's bad promotion for your product.

#13 SSyo

SSyo

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

Trickz, congrats on obtaining silver.

#14 varishnakov

varishnakov

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

Am I the only one who sees trickz as a bronze colonel on the forum icon?

#15 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

The forum doesn't update very often on changes to your avatar or rating symbol as I noticed.  When I chose the Sergergant avatar, it took almost two weeks for it to change from the scout one.  So by the time the forum changes the symbols again Trickz could be a Colonel again.

Hmmness we are all frustrated here I can asure you,  It got very ugly in the forum as you saw when you were missing with people calling out one another as cheaters. We the forum writers needs to take a more aggressive stance of not allowing this to happen and the site needs to do their part to fix these flaws to the game or start to see the site lose creditablity and players.  We need a voice of the players who can go directly to the programmers and site admin and tell them what is needed to get this site on the move and in the right direction.  You know first hand by playing many games what is going on with these games flaws, so we turn to you as the forum moderator keep pushing the programmers to get what changes we need for the site. 

#16 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

Trickz, congrats on obtaining silver.

Thx :)

So by the time the forum changes the symbols again Trickz could be a Colonel again.

Yeah right,...as if.....there's no way dude :)

Am I the only one who sees trickz as a bronze colonel on the forum icon?

No, it's a bug. I've already reported this a long time ago but I didn't notice anything about it further.
Guess I'll never be a silverposter lol

#17 varishnakov

varishnakov

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

Have you tried signing out on the forum and then signing back in? That has updated my icon before.

• vowles_23 likes this

#18 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

lol, it worked....thx varishnakov :)

#19 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

Trickz,
I had my rating reset, not my losses, wins, etc.

Spiff,
I agree that if this site wants to be on top, they have to be on top of the bugs and glitches.  I wouldn’t go as far as calling the Devs names, but I am definitely frustrated about these issues not being resolved.

Midnightguy,
Ya, you got me thinking about it.  Sometimes it just feels like a waste of time though.  I love the game Stratego, but some of the nonsense that goes on with cheaters really pushes me away from playing here.  It also seems at times that all the plans of dealing with these issues that I have created with the help of the community were made in vein.  We will see though, ill stick around for a bit longer to see what happens.

HmmNess

Posted Image

#20 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Seems Like Metaforge is the only pure site left where everything is well organized, no bugs, no cheats, built by lovers of the game. Or maybe Gravon.de as well?
I'm not a big Metaforgefan (because it has way too many options and stuff which isn't clear for me) but if the cheating here continues because of the glitches and bugs,....after a period of time the regular players here will go away.
We're already accepting this unsportsmanlike behaviour for way too long.
There will be a border eventually.

And that would be really sad because the graphics, the gameplay, the clear and simple menu's with clear options, the rankings, the extra boards, the sounds and so on........they make it worth to play here.
But they do have to realize that all these positive aspects will drown as long this is beta.

I'm not a programmer but I just don't understand why it takes months to make a game totally bugfree.
And perhaps not 100 procent bugfree, there's always a chance that software will bug for one or another reason, but at least 99 procent or so. The problem issues are known since the start and that's almost a year now.
Communication and organization are also needed except from the know-how.
That will eventually break or make the site here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users