Commander457

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:43 PM

There seems to be a bug in the system when you are waiting for a ranked game and try playing a quick game.  It seems that every time I play a 10 piece quick game while waiting for a ranked game to start the system will not find a ranked game until the exact second I win the quick game.  When this happens I then get kicked out of the system and the ranked game immediately counts as a loss and my ELO ranking goes down.  I love stratego but this is extremely frustrating.  this has happened to me 9 times now, at an average of 13 ELO points per loss.  Please fix this

Thanks 

Ben

#2 Kernel Mustard

Kernel Mustard

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:08 PM

Also, another error along these lines, If you hit the Quick Arena button, and then cancel the search, both the Quick Arena button and Ranked buttons are no longer clickable.

• Al.Rouf likes this

The earth is a flat plane:  https://www.youtube....dLUm8Db&index=2 Psalm 19:4 - 6, Rev 7:1

#3 papillon

papillon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:38 PM

There seems to be a bug in the system when you are waiting for a ranked game and try playing a quick game.  It seems that every time I play a 10 piece quick game while waiting for a ranked game to start the system will not find a ranked game until the exact second I win the quick game.  When this happens I then get kicked out of the system and the ranked game immediately counts as a loss and my ELO ranking goes down.  I love stratego but this is extremely frustrating.  this has happened to me 9 times now, at an average of 13 ELO points per loss.  Please fix this

Thanks 

Ben

I wonder: Are you leaving the search open for the ranked game while you play QA? What possibly is happening is your ranked game gets matched up. Since you're in a QA game, the system can't (is not programmed to) notify you of this, and so while you play the QA game your clock is already running on the other. You finish the QA game and find notice that you already "lost" the ranked one -- because it timed out.

Forgive my text if this is totally not the case.

#4 taekes1089

taekes1089

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:03 PM

I think the system should prevent a match when the disparity between two opponents are greater than 6 ranks.  I was matched many times with an opponent more than 10 ranks below me which is ridiculous because if I win, i gain hardly any points, and if the opponent loses, they don't lose many points.  On the flipside, if I lose, I drop a whole rank, and they move up a rank.  This is flawed because it has no benefit for the higher ranked opponent even if they win, and has all the benefits for the lower ranked opponent whether they win or lose.   There are many great players who have another account with high win ratio but are climbing up the ladder at bronze and silver, and can lotto or blitz you without any consequences, even if they lose because they don't drop many points.  

Edited by taekes1089, 12 February 2017 - 04:04 PM.

• Fairway likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users