vowles_23

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

The "bugs" forum doesn't seem to be posting topics that I ever post, so I'll post in here.
Question about achievements: do the battle achievements only correspond the full games? Or can you earn them in quick games?
The reason I'm asking is because if you can earn them in quick games, I should have received both 'Master Maneuver' and 'Cavalry Raid' (Capture six enemy units in a row and capture three enemy units and the flag in a row with a single piece, respectively) last game. Is this glitch? 

vowles_23

chesscom_badge_468x60_s.gif

#2 ┬žilence321

┬žilence321

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

yes you can win medals on quick games ive won the gambler on a quick game (where you kill the marshall with your spy before any piece on the board has been seen ) but you can't win points one a quick game 

Posted Image

#3 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

How can you get the Cavalry Raid in a quick game?
That means you took the marshall and killed all the pieces on the board in a single blow?
Two miners, two scouts, the general and the spy,....and this after each other without a single escape move from your opponent? It's impossible :)
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#4 vowles_23

vowles_23

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

How can you get the Cavalry Raid in a quick game?
That means you took the marshall and killed all the pieces on the board in a single blow?
Two miners, two scouts, the general and the spy,....and this after each other without a single escape move from your opponent? It's impossible :)

It was his first game, poor guy. I took a both miners, a scout, spy, general followed by the flag.
But I realised - do the captures have to be one after another exactly - with no space between captures - or is it enough that he doesn't capture anything of mine in between the gaps?
I think it was like my marshal killed like this or something: miner - move - spy - move - move - general - move - miner.. you get the idea. But he didn't take any of my pieces.

vowles_23

#5 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

No space between captures. One after another,...that's the cavalry raid.
So in the quick game this is mathematically impossible because you only have 7 pawns to move.
Therefore it's excluded that you can jack 6 units in a row.

#6 vowles_23

vowles_23

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me!

vowles_23

#7 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

I just got my Calvary Raid badge only a week ago in a full game.  Didn't think it was that hard of a badge to get at first, but finally got it when when I knew where all the bombs were and he allowed my General to sneak into his middle zone where all his lower pieces were at and his open flag.  

#8 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

Finally,.........it took me blood, sweat and tears but finally I'm silver.
Played against Marlborough, 45 wins, 1 loss and I took him down the drain for his second loss.

Wieeehaaaaa, up to gold

lol, as if :)

#9 vowles_23

vowles_23

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

I tried for the cavalry raid - and got it! I thought I might as well, I knew where a few of his bombs were, and I was winning by so much it wouldn't matter either way. Did it with my colonel :)

• Midnightguy likes this

vowles_23

#10 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

I'd like to give another here, of course can't mention their name but, it was a player who used to use spam bug to win their games and was still ranked a silver when I faced them.  I managed to CAPTURE their open FLAG WITH MY SPY and we still had half of our army on board!  Person tried to insult me saying I'm too passive of a player and I'll never amount to anything, yet this person only moved their Marshall and General on their first row in their zone for entire game and........ I CAPTURED THEIR FLAG WITH MY SPY!!  I told person, I may not be the best player on here, but at least I got where I am fairly and I CAPTURE THEIR FLAG WITH MY SPY!!  Final funny thing was, I never even moved my General or second colonel and got where I needed to go to win the game. 

• Designated Baby likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users