#1 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 1,038 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:17 PM

I am playing the campaign now and found a unfortunate mistake in the programming.

When a piece was chaing me i was trying to use the 3 square rule to my advantage. It then let him move again, so i wanted to move again too. It said i wasn't allowed to move because of the 4 square rule! This means the chaser always wins, which is terrible for the gameplay. 3 or 4 moves makes a huge difference since it decided wheater the attacker wins or loses.

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#2 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:06 AM

I am playing the campaign now and found a unfortunate mistake in the programming.

When a piece was chaing me i was trying to use the 3 square rule to my advantage. It then let him move again, so i wanted to move again too. It said i wasn't allowed to move because of the 4 square rule! This means the chaser always wins, which is terrible for the gameplay. 3 or 4 moves makes a huge difference since it decided wheater the attacker wins or loses.

Thank you for your feedback. We are aware of this issue :)

• maxroelofs likes this
Posted Image

#3 SkiSki

SkiSki

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:48 AM

The move rules need to be changed.  I don't know how many times I trap a player piece because it is of lower value and they are just trying to get behind mine so they just hop between two spaces when ever you try to attack them.  The attacker should not be the one who is stopped from taking their piece.  The other player should be forced to either retreat backwards or accept their piece being taken.  

#4 Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:58 AM

The move rules need to be changed.  I don't know how many times I trap a player piece because it is of lower value and they are just trying to get behind mine so they just hop between two spaces when ever you try to attack them.  The attacker should not be the one who is stopped from taking their piece.  The other player should be forced to either retreat backwards or accept their piece being taken.  

This would be terrible for the game. You should know how to use the 3-square rule and how to deal with it.

• maxroelofs, --Wogomite--, Moghedien and 2 others like this

#5 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,213 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:49 AM

This would be terrible for the game. You should know how to use the 3-square rule and how to deal with it.

Sorry for being nitpicky here but I think you mean the Two-Squares Rule, not three. The only three squares "rule" is repeated board position and that does stop the chaser, of course.
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#6 Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

Yes, of course. I've expressed myself wrong. 

#7 Guest_Practicality_*

Guest_Practicality_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:13 PM

Chaser can win piece if s/he knows what s/he is doing - at least we all know this in advance.

Defender can defend piece if s/he knows what s/he is doing - at least we know this in advance, too. So, I think its pretty fair already actually.

#8 Guest_Practicality_*

Guest_Practicality_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:14 PM

Stop moaning. Its fair already.

#9 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

Stop moaning. Its fair already.

Good to hear!

Posted Image

#10 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,213 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 02 March 2016 - 02:46 PM

This issue is unchanged more than a year later, Mick. Still there.
  • Fairway likes this
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users