Alister777

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:58 PM

There not cheating allister, they're reading your set ups. You're under estimating there ability to do so.

They can't read every setup of mine. You don't know my setups so that's just your opinion.

TMp6Ytg.jpg

#42 Alister777

Alister777

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:13 PM

I didn't want this kind of discussion when I made this topic. I made it (and I said that already) so it can be useful to you against some of these players. I also said that some players on the right are probably cheaters, but not that they are. Of course I can't be sure for all of them. Mentioned ,,sgt blkdog,, is not cheater? It's ok to me. I made mistake, so what. I know that these on the left almost all ARE. You can say what you want but game has imperfect elements. Those of you who are defending ,,gpeto,, please bring him here so he can confirm what he said in the game against me. He knew very well where he attacked. 

I have my opinion. You have yours.

;)

TMp6Ytg.jpg

#43 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:33 PM

If someone did have the technology to reveal the flag piece, then I imagine that same technology would have no problem revealing all pieces. This would result in the player becoming unbeatable. I think it highly likely therefore that anyone with this power would have an immense ranking, which doesn't seem to be the case here.
  • The Prof likes this

#44 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:58 PM

Hi Alister777,

I discovered this website around april 2013. I started to play and it took me several months to become silver. I had to learn how the 2square rules works and all that stuff. When I was around bronze gen I had the same feeling as you that some players know your flag or are "computers" .... but the more I played and the more my true level increased (it took me about a year to reach 800) then the more I did not think the same and revised my perception. There are really good players here who have learned from experience how to recognize a flag location from the bomb positions or from the way the opponent is "strangely" protecting one area of the battlefield. As some other people say above if somebody has a tip to see the opponent's flag or setup he would very likely be ranked very high in ELO. This would be cheating but it looks like nobody in the top is cheating. As far as we know most, if not all, of the top players in the ranking are players that have started to play stratego online since 15-20 years, also on other websites and have acquired a great experience in this game and have all the right reflexes. They know exactly which piece to move in which direction at which time. They also know when they are sufficiently ahead so they can lotto some pieces without a loss having an effect on their result. They know also, if they are behind in material or information, how and with which piece making a lotto that might help them to come back in the game or have them loose definitely. 

In any case I can only recommend to change your setup if you are matched with a player you have already played. Some players have good memory of your setup and would use it against you in a new game. this is not cheating, having good memory is part of stratego game

Really my opinion is that there is no such "flag cheating" on this website. Hope you will come to the same conclusion in a few weeks or months ... just continue playing

wish you a wonderful sunday

Napoleon 1er

• GaryLShelton, The Prof, Aris1970 and 2 others like this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#45 Alister777

Alister777

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:32 PM

Hi Alister777,

I discovered this website around april 2013. I started to play and it took me several months to become silver. I had to learn how the 2square rules works and all that stuff. When I was around bronze gen I had the same feeling as you that some players know your flag or are "computers" .... but the more I played and the more my true level increased (it took me about a year to reach 800) then the more I did not think the same and revised my perception. There are really good players here who have learned from experience how to recognize a flag location from the bomb positions or from the way the opponent is "strangely" protecting one area of the battlefield. As some other people say above if somebody has a tip to see the opponent's flag or setup he would very likely be ranked very high in ELO. This would be cheating but it looks like nobody in the top is cheating. As far as we know most, if not all, of the top players in the ranking are players that have started to play stratego online since 15-20 years, also on other websites and have acquired a great experience in this game and have all the right reflexes. They know exactly which piece to move in which direction at which time. They also know when they are sufficiently ahead so they can lotto some pieces without a loss having an effect on their result. They know also, if they are behind in material or information, how and with which piece making a lotto that might help them to come back in the game or have them loose definitely. 

In any case I can only recommend to change your setup if you are matched with a player you have already played. Some players have good memory of your setup and would use it against you in a new game. this is not cheating, having good memory is part of stratego game

Really my opinion is that there is no such "flag cheating" on this website. Hope you will come to the same conclusion in a few weeks or months ... just continue playing

wish you a wonderful sunday

Napoleon 1er

Thanks for advices  :) I appreciate them! 

Only one thing. These players are not pure class players, they are more like a robots - some of them, for example, we mentioned ,,falcon one,,. Guy is like a robot. He doesn't write anything and he does this thing that he knows where is flag. I don't know is that cheat possible. I don't know why he doesn't know all of my positions. 

And another thing, I didn't protect my flag, or moved around it, I never do that. Also my flag in some setups is in places, that it can not be forseen by opponents. Can I send you pic of my setup so you can tell me what you think and will you stay with your opinion?  :)

TMp6Ytg.jpg

#46 Desert Oasis

Desert Oasis

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:26 PM

Good points Napoleon. Alister, I have played falcon many times and he has never used "a flag cheat." You are getting a lot of disapproving responses because you have accussed many players of cheating without sufficient proof, which is unfair.

#47 Alister777

Alister777

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:42 PM

Good points Napoleon. Alister, I have played falcon many times and he has never used "a flag cheat." You are getting a lot of disapproving responses because you have accussed many players of cheating without sufficient proof, which is unfair.

There is no proof on these players. Everyone has its own opinion.  :)

TMp6Ytg.jpg

#48 Alister777

Alister777

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:28 AM

Player ,,Innlawrence,, is not a cheater. My apologize to him also  ;)

TMp6Ytg.jpg

#49 gyrados

gyrados

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:16 PM

I've had a game with St. Blkdog, and I can assure you he is not a cheater. 

I think I agree with Napoleon; there are a lot of great elite players on this site whom have good intuition and know where certain pieces of yours could be. This isn't cheating, but rather a skill that the elite players develop over time.

• Sgt. Blkdog and Alister777 like this

#50 Dobby125

Dobby125

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:26 PM

Experienced players can usually locate where flags are located after a certain amount of moves.  The most obvious places are the back row corners or back row spaces behind the lakes.  People need to change and vary their setups more often.  I've been lottoed perfectly before many times.  It taught me to move my bombs around and vary my setup.

A programming change of keeping opponents unknown to each other before the game starts could help as well.  At least a cheater couldn't create a perfect setup against his known opponent.

My Youtube Stratego Channel: https://www.youtube....cGDvlZZkGbgq0LA

#51 Mitthunder

Mitthunder

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:34 PM

When I first started playing online I was also surprised by how good some of you are. I notice that some people do absolutely nothing in the start of the game, like they keep moving in circles with the same units examining my moves. This way they already know more positions of mine than I know theirs. It is true that most players put their pieces in the back corners or middle. There are players who don't do this, they may put one bomb next to the flag and another a few squares in the other side. This is unpredictable, a bluf, the opponent will think your flag is just a bomb. Keeping several units unmoved for the entire game in a predictable postition for the flag will then fool the opponent into thinking the flag is there. However, at the same time it puts you vulnerable to quick defeat. By the time they find out where it is or when they start going in that direction you should have broken into their base and be one step ahead of them. Most games are probably won by the opponent having the strongest unit left, it can be a captain or less, and using him to defend the flag.

The thought of cheaters has passed my mind also, but firstly how is that possible? What program is used to run Stratego online and can this be read by a program? If you update the game with different coding or  password encrypt it, can this be stopped? (no I don't know what I am talking about here, and don't know if this can be done) We have a quick battle with 10 pieces, normal with 40 pieces, perhaps it would be interesting to play with 60, 80 or even 100 pieces? Ranked! That makes the position of the flag a lot more unpredictable.

• Alister777 likes this

#52 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:50 PM

When I first started playing online I was also surprised by how good some of you are. I notice that some people do absolutely nothing in the start of the game, like they keep moving in circles with the same units examining my moves. This way they already know more positions of mine than I know theirs. It is true that most players put their pieces in the back corners or middle. There are players who don't do this, they may put one bomb next to the flag and another a few squares in the other side. This is unpredictable, a bluf, the opponent will think your flag is just a bomb. Keeping several units unmoved for the entire game in a predictable postition for the flag will then fool the opponent into thinking the flag is there. However, at the same time it puts you vulnerable to quick defeat. By the time they find out where it is or when they start going in that direction you should have broken into their base and be one step ahead of them. Most games are probably won by the opponent having the strongest unit left, it can be a captain or less, and using him to defend the flag.

The thought of cheaters has passed my mind also, but firstly how is that possible? What program is used to run Stratego online and can this be read by a program? If you update the game with different coding or  password encrypt it, can this be stopped? (no I don't know what I am talking about here, and don't know if this can be done) We have a quick battle with 10 pieces, normal with 40 pieces, perhaps it would be interesting to play with 60, 80 or even 100 pieces? Ranked! That makes the position of the flag a lot more unpredictable.

No one cheats as described in this post. Some people just cannot accept losing a game because they got outplayed by a better opponent.

3 - 0

#53 infrared

infrared

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Spy

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:28 AM

Wow I notice I'm on your cheat list.

Appearantly I played you and knew where your flag was. Maybe I accidentally hit it or happen to rush the right corner? :)

For being a cheater, I have a horrible record :).

Seriously go watch conspiracy documentaries about 9/11. They were on to it you know.

#54 Alister777

Alister777

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:14 PM

STOP

I can't say what I think ?

TMp6Ytg.jpg

#55 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,905 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

Alister777 you can say what you think but you cannot accuse people without proofs and you are invited to make sure that your topic is feeded only with contributions respectful of the forum rules, in particular with regard to fair behaviour. I had to hide some of the posts that were out of the limit and hope you can manage your topic in such way that it remains inside the limit, otherwise we may have to decide to lock it.

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#56 Alister777

Alister777

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:07 AM

Alister777 you can say what you think but you cannot accuse people without proofs and you are invited to make sure that your topic is feeded only with contributions respectful of the forum rules, in particular with regard to fair behaviour. I had to hide some of the posts that were out of the limit and hope you can manage your topic in such way that it remains inside the limit, otherwise we may have to decide to lock it.

Can you please lock it, delete it or whatever, I made my point so I don't want any more discussion. Thanks  :)

TMp6Ytg.jpg

#57 Sgt. Blkdog

Sgt. Blkdog

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:43 AM

I had to hide some of the posts that were out of the limit and hope you can manage your topic in such way that it remains inside the limit, otherwise we may have to decide to lock it.

Hmmm.. makes me wonder what you "had" to hide.   Were the comments offensive or defamatory???

At the start of this thread, I was on the "probable" cheater list. 

I think I was amused more than anything. I feel my reputation among most of opponents is fairly solid.

I appreciate those members that came to my defense in this thread.

• 128628bozo likes this

Wuf!

#58 128628bozo

128628bozo

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:41 AM

I played against Sgt Blkdog in the first round and I won.

He is not a cheater but a very good and fair player.

He did also tells me how to take a screenshot with my mini Ipad after my victory.I was too slow to take it but he puts the result online even before I got there.

He will stays in my friends list.

Thanks

128628bozo  

• GaryLShelton, papillon and Sgt. Blkdog like this

:rolleyes: Playing Stratego online worth a lot.Everything else is just details            

#59 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,905 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:01 AM

On the request of its creator, this topic will be locked.
  • Alister777 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users